- You watched President Obama’s victory speech? Now it’s time for Key and Peele’s victory speech as Obama and his “anger translator” Luther. A lot of us would be as enthusiastic as Luther right now if weren’t so goddamn tired after last night.
- Mila Kunis is going to produce a drama called “Meridian Hills” set in the Midwest during 1972 at the height of the women’s movement. It’ll be about a woman who joins the Junior League and then gets involved in feminist activism. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
Tag Archives: election day
Did you vote on Election Day? I hope so — if not, you have no excuse, because even the very famous and very busy managed to make it to the polls. After the jump, a few of the celebs who were snapped casting their ballots. And look at that, they’re just like us: they came dressed in sweatpants and flannels too!
Democracy: important, but not very sexy. Enter this commercial for voting by the Spanish political party Young Socialists of Catalunya which assures citizens, “Voting is a pleasure!”
Meghan McCain came out swinging at Barack Obama on a recent visit to “The Tonight Show.” The daughter of re-elected Arizona Senator John McCain stopped by Jay Leno’s couch to promote her new book, Dirty Sexy Politics. A mere 45 seconds in, she criticized Obama for doing an interview on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” which aired on Election Day, to urge young people to vote. “If I were President Obama I would be very nervous and not necessarily doing serious interviews with Ryan Seacrest,” Meghan sniped. “I would be a lot more concerned with what the American public was thinking.” Keep reading »
- Susana Martinez of New Mexico was elected last night as the first Latina governor in American history. You can read about other women who won — or lost — in yesterday’s election in my story “The Ladies Of Election Day.” [MSN]
- Voters in Colorado rejected a “fetal personhood” proposal that would have given a fetus the legal status of a person and therefore criminalized all abortions. [Washington Post]
- A Washington anti-abortion extremist has been sentenced to home confinement for 180 days for terrorizing an abortion provider and his family. Donald Hertz will also serve five years probation for threatening Dr. Warren Hern of Colorado and Hern’s 92-year-old mother during three weeks after the murder of Kansas abortion provider, Dr. George Tiller. [Ms. Magazine]
Happy Election Day — yes, an end to campaign commercials on TV is in sight! Whether you dragged yourself out of bed before work, will stand in line at the polls before going home tonight, or plan to do it mid-day, all that matters is that you exercise your right to vote! Yesterday, I asked readers to tell us why they’re going to vote and share with us the state they live in and races they’re passionate about. Not only did your responses crack me up, but it was really cool to see that The Frisky has readers everywhere from Kentucky to Louisiana to Texas. Also: you are a bunch of bleeding heart liberals. After the jump, find out how the rest of the Friskyverse is votin’ (and try not to wet your pants, OK?). Keep reading »
As if you could forget with all the attack ads gumming up TV right now, tomorrow is Election Day. Presidential elections are definitely a lot more exciting, but midterms are actually pretty important, too. If you care about forwarding President Obama‘s agenda — or would give all the Girl Scout cookies in your cupboard to stop him in his tracks — then you’ll want to send someone to Washington who’ll represent your interests. Keep reading »
Sure, it’s Election Day, but that doesn’t mean you have to be all about the politics. You’re focused on the candidates, the issues, the outcome — but that doesn’t mean you’re not thinking about the opposite sex, too. So, here’s a few tips on how to get frisky in election-friendly ways.
CLOTHING PARTY LINES
You might not have Sarah Palin’s wardrobe budget, but you definitely need to look good enough to make someone want to stuff your ballot box. This Tuesday, make the most of the possibilities. Don’t wear headphones while waiting in those long voting lines, or show up at the polls in a crazy American flag hat. Instead, wear a flirty dress inspired by Michelle Obama. That is, if you want to go home with something other than an “I Voted!” sticker.