I had to read this Daily Mail article about a dangerous, self-tanning nasal spray at least three times before I understood what was going on. It was so incomprehensible to me. Here’s the breakdown: in the UK there’s a self tanning product called Ubertan that’s all the rage in salons. It’s an herbal nasal spray that promises to darken your skin tone by heightening melatonin melanin levels when snorted twice a day for seven to 10 days. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: drugs
When we heard the very sad news that Amy Winehouse had been found dead in her apartment on Saturday, we were a little curious how Blake Fielder-Civil—Winehouse’s ex-husband who she had called the love of her life—would respond. Apparently, he has been in jail since June, serving two years for stealing to get money to buy drugs. Now, Fielder-Civil is on suicide watch at Leeds’ Armley Jail. The incarcerated drug addict reportedly collapsed sobbing when he was informed by prison guards that Winehouse had died. He told the UK’s The Sun newspaper, “I’m beyond inconsolable … my tears won’t dry.” He continued, “I will never ever again feel the love I felt for her. Everybody who knew me and knew Amy knew the depth of our love. I can’t believe she’s dead.”
The ill-fated couple was only married for two years but were involved for much longer; one of their early breakups inspired her album Back To Black. So, who is this man, Blake Fielder-Civil, whom Amy Winehouse called the love of her life? Keep reading »
Earlier this week, Vinny was seen loading his bags into a car outside “Jersey Shore”‘s Seaside Heights house as he allegedly quit the show. Days later, The Situation stormed off, too, huffing and puffing to the paparazzi that he, “the bad guy,” was quitting, too. Drama, drama, drama.
So, how did a sensitive soul like Snooki cope with the breakup of her family unit? The only way Snooks knows how: she tied one on and danced with a potted plant. I am sure Louis Vuitton is thrilled about the product plug in the video footage of this special moment.
Aw, girl, we’ve all been there. In the spirit of summer weekends (!), I mixed myself a mojito and sauntered around the Frisky office, asking my colleagues: “What is the silliest thing you’ve done while drunk?” I already knew Amelia once fell into a lake (at a wedding). Oh, but it gets much, much, much funnier. Keep reading »
The hotel maid who accused Dominique Strauss-Kahn, former chief of the International Monetary Fund, of sexual assault has lied to investigators numerous times about her past and has some dodgy connections to a drug dealer, according to a bombshell New York Times story published last night. The woman’s inconsistencies about her personal life — like telling investigators that she sought asylum in the United States because she was a victim of female genital mutilation in Guinea, which is not what it says in her asylum application — should in no way detract from her accusation that Strauss-Kahn assaulted her in his New York City hotel room and forced her perform oral sex on him. Initial reports of the hotel maid’s behavior after she was allegedly attacked — she was found crying in the hallway by another employee, she vomited, etc. — are common-sense consistent with how someone may act after a sexual assault. But it is all too easy to see how his defense attorneys will spin this: if the alleged victim is not credible about other things, who’s to say she isn’t lying now? Keep reading »
Lindsay Lohan has evaded yet another probation violation for failing a routine alcohol test. Perhaps the judge believed Lindsay’s claims that Komboucha tea was the culprit for the false positive result. Komboucha is a fermented tea thought to detoxify the body and mind and though it contains less than 0.05 percent alcohol, some think it can sway the results of alcohol tests and make you look like a lush to your friends, family and potential employers.
We all know poppy seed bagels can effect drugs tests, but in addition to Komboucha, here are some new, perhaps surprising things that could possibly have you coming up dirty on drug or alcohol tests. Keep reading »
- Prince Harry settles once and for all that he is not, repeat, not, boning Pippa Middleton. Or Chelsy Davy. In fact, he’s “100 percent single.” [Celebitchy]
- Wannabe presidential candidate Michele Bachmann needs to get her serial killers and her film stars straight. [BuzzFeed]
- Charlie Sheen’s remaining goddess, Natalie Kenly, has moved out of Sober Valley Lodge and had to return the Mercedes he bought her. Life can be so rough. [ONTD]
- “Toddlers & Tiaras” bingo is so wrong, but so right. [Crushable]
“I’m not Finn Hudson. I’m lucky on so many counts—I’m lucky to be alive. I had a serious [drug] problem. I did a stint [in rehab] but then went back to doing exactly what I left off doing. I stole a significant amount of money from a family member and I knew I was going to get caught, but I was so desperate I didn’t care. [Fessing up was] the first honorable, truthful thing that had come out of my mouth in years. I was done fighting myself. I finally said, ‘I’m gonna start looking at my life and figure out why I’m doing this.’”
—Cory Monteith of “Glee” tells Parade Magazine that he was an out-of-control teenager who did lots of drugs and skipped school often. How interesting that now, at age 29, he plays one of the most goody-two-shoes characters on television. Does this make anyone else want Finn to fall off the deep end next season? [People] Keep reading »
- Amy Winehouse downed vodka before checking back into rehab at The Priory in the UK this morning. Get well soon, Amy, because you’re so talented. [PopEater]
- Snooki may be busy filming “Jersey Shore” in Italy as we speak, but she’s apparently laying off the pasta. Snook’s new focus on health includes eating healthy foods, regular exercise, and taking a fat burner called Zantrex prior to working out. No word on whether pickles and binge-drinking are also off-limits. [Socialite Life]
- The actor who played Kenicke in “Grease,” Jeff Conaway, has died at age 60 after being put in a medically-induced coma following a drug overdose earlier this month. [TMZ]
- What do we think of boudoir photos? You know, sexy pics taken of the bride before her wedding? [TresSugar]
- Kara DioGuardi once ate six pot brownies at Paula Abdul’s house (brought by a friend of Paula’s, she claims!) and got so high she fell out of bed and had to be taken to the hospital, she told “Lopez Tonight.” Yikes. DioGuardi had some terrifying hallucinations from all that THC and needed I.V.s to help her get through them. Poor thing! [New York Daily News]
- Jennifer Aniston might commission “a huge portrait” of her dog, Norman, who recently died. Hey, if she’s got the money to spend on it, why not? And as someone who recently lost a family dog, I can understand the sentiment. [Gossip Cop]
- California’s Attorney General will investigate whether Arnold Schwarzenegger misused state funds on his mistress(es). Let’s hope not. [PopEater]
- There will be a new HGTV show called “Our Yard Went Disney,” about people who make their backyards look like Disney themeparks, and it looks terrifying. [The Mary Sue]