- Rihanna is vacationing in Hawaii and tweeting pot references … and perhaps smoking the stuff (if this pic is any indication) … which apparently still scandalizes people. [Starpulse, Popdust]
- Stop the presses: Justin Bieber has dyed his hair dark. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Ooh la la! Foreign hotties who heated up last night’s Golden Globes. [TresSugar]
- Scope out the Zac Posen mermaid gowns that heavily influenced last night’s Golden Globes looks. [New York Girl Style]
- How cute was Zooey Deschanel’s tuxedo nail art? [Better than her sideburns, that's for sure. -- Editor] [Us Weekly] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: drugs
- If there’s one thing not to mix with alcohol, it’s prescription drugs. Heather Locklear learned this the hard way and was hospitalized yesterday afternoon after her sister called 911. A hospital spokesperson says Heather is awake and responsive right now, but law enforcement sources say the actress consumed a “dangerous mix” of drugs. In 2008, Heather’s doctor called 911 out of concern that she may have ODed on prescription meds. Get well soon, Heather Locklear! [TMZ, Starpulse]
- Sinead O’Connor has called off her marriage with Barry Herridge yet again. The couple married, then split after 17 days, then got together again. In a message on her website, Sinead posted “The marriage [is] untenable so that is now over. … I’m gonna be me. And if anyone doesn’t like that they can seek therapy. Because I am wonderful. Exactly as I am. As Bridget Jones would say.” While I admire her quotation of Bridget Jones, I am worried for this woman! Earlier this week, Sinead tweeted that she desperately needed a psychiatrist who could prescribe her meds. Hope she’s getting the help she needs. [The Sun UK]
- James Franco has been tapped to play Robert Mapplethorpe in a flick about the famed photographer, who died in 1989 of AIDS. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Olivia Munn is the latest celeb to pose nakey-nakey for PETA, alongside a floppy bunny. [Starpulse]
- Lindsay Lohan owes $94K in back taxes for 2009 and has been hit with a tax lien. Oof. Tax bullshit is no fun. [Evil Beet Gossip] Keep reading »
It turns out that fake butts and boobs are really versatile — and operate as great storage units. A 33-year-old Italian model was arrested and charged with smuggling more than five pounds of cocaine in her fake breasts and in her fake butt. Security officers stopped the woman at the airport after she failed to explain what she had been doing during her trip to South America. The woman apparently thought that wearing a tight fitting shirt would help get her through customs faster (ah, that old gem), but it only served to draw more attention to her, um, illegal assets. “They stopped her for questioning because she was so alluring and her story about why she was in South America just fell apart,” said Antonio Di Greco, police chief at Fiumicino airport. The woman, whose identity has been concealed, was charged with international drug trafficking and is currently being held at the Rome airport. So much for those implants paying for themselves. [SF Gate]
She’s just being Miley, y’all. A super chill, relaxed, munchie-having Miley, that’s all. At her recent birthday party, hosted by Kelly Osbourne of all people, Miley was caught on tape announcing that she’s a “huge stoner” and “smokes a lot of f**kin’ weed,” after a Bob Marley birthday cake was unveiled. Cue the outraged parents declaring Miley an unsuitable role model for their children! Personally, I am not very moved. Don’t most teens/early-twentysomethings, have a stoner period at some point? I did. I turned out alright didn’t I? Not that I’m encouraging the use and abuse of illegal drugs, of course, but something tells me that Miley isn’t actually the “huge” stoner she claims to be. If you feel the need to talk about it, you’re probably not. [Buzzfeed]
Boston University professor Irina Kristy is a regular Walter White! The mathematics prof and her son Grigory Genkin (the Jesse Pinkman to her Walt) are facing charges for cooking and distributing methamphetamine. Genkin was charged with distribution of methamphetamine, conspiracy to violate drug law, and drug violation near a school zone. How very “Breaking Bad” of them! As one adorable BU student posited, “It could have been possible that Professor Kristy had no knowledge of the fact that there was a meth lab in her house.”
“Her son could have convinced her that it was some crazy lab experiment, but chances are she knew full well,” sophomore Urbashee Paul continued. “Although I do not support her involvement in the issue, I hope that it does not affect her chances to teach at BU.” [Daily Free Press]
Meth, it’s a hell of drug. In the case of meth user and potential new boyfriend candidate Henry Arnibal, the drug caused him to kill, skin and eat a bobcat. It’s unclear whether Arnibal actually bothered cooking the bobcat meat before eating it (who has the time, really, when you’re busy doing meth?), but it’s believed that he was driven to kill the animal after it attacked and killed several of Arnibal’s roosters. It’s technically not illegal to eat a bobcat, but it is illegal to kill a bobcat without a permit. Arnibal was arrested for that, as well as — surprise surprise — drug possession. [Huffington Post]
Drug dealers can be so crafty when it comes to smuggling narcotics. Spanish police recently busted a gang of dealers who figured out how to mold cocaine into replicas of Manolo Blahnik shoes. When arrested, the six dealers, five Colombians and one Spaniard, possessed $630,000 worth of cocaine that had been mixed with a liquid to form a paste that was carefully sculpted and painted to mimic luxury high heels. Each pair of coke shoes has an estimated worth of $70,000 — while a real pair of Manolos can cost upwards of $500. At the top of the drug-smuggling ring was a couple who organized the transport of the cocaine from Colombia to Spain, where the paste was changed back to powder and distributed for sale in Spain and throughout Europe.
Replicating cocaine paste to look like Manolo Blahnik shoes is just another indication that drug dealers are finding more inventive ways to smuggle their drugs. But even high fashion is no disguise against Spanish police, who have also found cocaine disguised as replica sculptures, a cast for a man’s broken leg, and a complete 42-piece tea set. [NY Post
Parents around the country are reportedly upset with “pothead” lollipops and ring-pops, which are sour apple-flavored suckers in the shape of marijuana leaves. According to the Washington Post, the lollipops sell for about a dollar and the ringpops sell for about three for $1.50. But, in an egregious example of false advertising, “pothead” candy doesn’t contain any THC. Instead, the packaging just shows a stoner-looking dude flashing a peace sign and the word “Legalize.” So, you know, the kids think it’s the cat’s pajamas.
- Amy Winehouse may have died from an overdose of an anti-anxiety drug and a seizure she had during detox. Her father Mitch tells Anderson Cooper’s daytime talk show “Anderson” that she “did detox to excess.” [People]
- After drama last week surrounding Ali Lohan’s disturbing new appearance, big sister Lindsay Lohan tweeted that Ali looks “gorgeous” and “every runway model is just as thin.” [RadarOnline.com]
- Andy Whitfield from “Spartacus” died from cancer this weekend at age 39. So sad. [Dlisted]
Don’t you worry your pretty little head about Miss Lindsay Lohan. Earlier today, numerous headlines appeared across the internet of the “Did Lindsay Lohan Buy Drugs In Broad Daylight?” variety. These stories were on account of the video above, which shows LiLo hanging with her friend outside a bar in Venice, California. Two guys approach the pair and hand them a plastic baggie. Lindsay and her friend inspect it. Eventually, as Lindsay lights a cigarette, she awkwardly hands the guy some money. This whole incident was caught on tape by a (very annoying) paparazzi photographer.
Only, Lindsay’s publicist says the baggies didn’t contain drugs. Nope, the mystery objects in the bags were crystals. Keep reading »