- A 27-year-old man vandalized the Planned Parenthood clinic in Bloomington, Indiana, with an ax and splashed the clinic with red paint this morning. According to police, he targeted Planned Parenthood “due to abortions being performed there. He stated his intent was to damage the building because they ‘kill’ and ‘murder’ babies. He attributed his actions to his religious beliefs.” Clinic violence is domestic terrorism and it is scary. [IndyStar]
- A florist has been sued by Washington state for refusing to sell flowers to a gay couple for their wedding. [Think Progress]
- The Paycheck Fairness Act, which would protect women suffering wage discrimination, is still stalled in committee. [Think Progress]
- On Ashley Judd’s aborted run for Kentucky’s Senate and what it means when we discuss gender and mental health. [Ms. Magazine]
- Delaware is set to introduce a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. [Queerty] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: domestic terrorism
Absolutely horrifying news to report this morning: early this morning, at a midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” in Aurora, Colorado, a gunman shot and killed
14 12 people and injured 50 more. A suspect, identified as a 24-year-old male, was apprehended in the theater parking lot and was taken into custody. Keep reading »
UPDATE, 1:40p.m.: Mother Jones is reporting the clinic is “temporarily closed” and the FBI has joined an investigation into the bombing. [Mother Jones]
An explosive blew up at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Grand Chute, Wisconsin last night at around 7:30 p.m. Police say a homemade bomb was placed on a windowsill outside the Appleton North Health Clinic. It started a fire that burned itself out but still caused damage to the building. No one was hurt.
Intimidation tactics like this are nothing short of domestic terrorism, intent on scaring the employees of abortion clinics from doing their jobs. Thank you to the women and men who work at these clinics and put themselves at risk for clinic violence every day.