Maybe they just didn’t want to buy each other Valentine’s Day gifts? Or maybe Pete wasn’t so into Ashlee’s new blonde pixie cut? Or maybe Ashlee is just following in her big sister’s footsteps. Whatever the reason, Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz are headed to divorce court. Ashlee has filed papers in Los Angelese, citing “irreconciliable differences” and seeking joint custody of two-year-old Bronx. This will end Ashlee and Pete’s two-and-a-half year marriage. These two have been fighting off divorce rumors since 2009, but it’s still sad, as they seemed like a pretty happy duo. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: divorce
- Ooh, Halle Berry’s divorce is getting even nastier. The actress reportedly emailed Gabriel Aubry, her ex-husband and father of their daughter, and wrote, “You were only good for one thing … Thanks for the donation.” Burn. [RadarOnline]
- Sorry, boys, but Kate Moss is off the market. Jamie Hince, a guitarist for The Kills, proposed to Kate on Tuesday night with a vintage 1920s engagement ring. [PopEater]
- ZOMG, Jenny McCarthy is going to be on the next season of “Millionaire Matchmaker.” Who will Patti Stanger set her up with?! [PopEater]
- Lord help us, Jennifer Aniston has released an eponymous perfume at Sephora. [Fox News]
“In a way, yes. After my divorce, someone said to me, ‘Finding love is not as hard as picking the right person to spend the rest of your life with.’ It was Paul Lieberstein, the executive producer of The Office; he also plays Toby on the show. I held on to that advice when I was searching. I’d start to fall for someone and think, But that’s not a good match. The fluttery feelings aren’t enough. When I was younger, I thought you married the person you fell in love with the most. But as [my ex-husband and I] learned what we wanted, I realized there was a whole other set of criteria. You have to ask, Do we have the same goals?”
– Jenna Fischer (“The Office”) on how her perception of “The One” changed after her divorce in the new issue of Redbook. She’s now remarried. What do you think — is finding “The One” (if such a thing exists — I think we have a few “Ones” in our lives) about so much more than just falling in love? [Just Jared] Keep reading »
“Something just didn’t click with us on an intimate level. We just didn’t mesh sexually. We weren’t intimate. I think that’s a really important part of a marriage, to be intimate with your partner. We didn’t really have that … I love cuddling … We didn’t even do that. He was too busy watching FOX News. He didn’t want to cuddle.”
– Camille Grammer opens up about her lack of sex life with Kelsey on “The View.” Camille has already hinted that Kelsey is into cross-dressing — is this quote meant to imply that he’s gay? Hit him where it hurts, Camille, with a passive-aggressive one-two punch. The “two” in this case is the accusation that he watches FOX News. [NY Daily News]
Keep reading »
It’s easy to name stars who won the Oscar for Best Actress and went on to see their relationships go belly up—Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, Halle Berry, Hilary Swank, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Winslet, and of course last year’s winner, Sandra Bullock. There sure seems to be some sort of Oscar Curse going on. But scientists from the University of Toronto wanted to see if was scientifically legit or just paranoia. After crunching the numbers, they found that of the 265 married women who have been nominated for Best Actress from the beginning of the modern Oscars in 1936 to the present, 159 of them got divorced. That’s a whopping 60 percent. Keep reading »
Yesterday, I told you about Carol Anne Riddell and John Patilla, the couple spotlighted in The New York Times’ “Vows” column on Sunday, who fell in love when they were both married to other people, and subsequently broke up their families to be together. My qualm wasn’t so much with the messy way in which they fell in love — which, at best, could be described as an emotional affair and, well, s**t happens — but that they chose to share all the details of their perspective on their love story in such a public forum. I mean, get married, but don’t invite the entire world to the reception, you know? It just seemed unnecessarily insensitive to the spouses they left, not to mention the children they had with their exes. Well, it seems that the happily married couple now regrets the decision to appear in the paper. Sort of. Keep reading »
Well, Sunday’s New York Times’ wedding announcements sure were interesting. There was the couple that got engaged just 51 days after meeting on JDate. The bride who brought her two cats along as “chaperones” on an early date with her now-husband. And then there was the highlight of the section, the couple that fell in love when they were both married to other people. Scandalous! Keep reading »
Retrospect is certainly 20/20. Now that Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson have announced that they’re divorcing, their marriage no longer looks like the shiny, happy ball of gorgeousness that we’d assumed it was while it was intact. Naturally, rumors have started circulating about what happened to the World’s Sexiest Couple. Some are now saying that Ryan cheated—giving the friendship he struck up with his “Green Lantern” co-star Blake Lively a second glance. And looking back at quotes from Scarlett, it was pretty obvious that something was up. “We have no time for dates,” she said in an interview with Liev Schreiber in Time Out New York in 2009.
Can I start dating while still sleeping with my ex-husband?
We can’t stand each other but we love sleeping together. Of course now that the divorce is final, I really want to get back out on the dating scene and start meeting new men. Do I need to permanently boot my booty call before meeting new guys or can I keep my little sugar on the side?
It’s been a year filled with celebrity breakups—from Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey to Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend. My theory is that once Courteney Cox and David Arquette called it quits, soon followed by Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman, the floodgate opened and now everyone is taking the opportunity to break up, from Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter to Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron. And then yesterday came the ultimate: Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds. This breakup hit me especially hard. After the jump, 10 reasons why. Keep reading »