Between tweeting from two accounts (The Frisky’s and my own), updating the liveblog with election results, and bouncing back and forth between the networks, I somehow managed to keep my sanity last night as the presidential election was decided. Here are 10 moments you might have missed… Keep reading »
Tag Archives: diane sawyer
- Kristen Stewart says she’d rather admit to being a lesbian than discuss her rumored relationship with Robert Pattinson. [OK! UK]
- Rihanna told Diane Sawyer that she went back to Chris Brown eight or nine times following domestic violence incidents, in the first part of her ABC interview. Read more here … [PopEater] — OK, I know this is way off topic and I’m happy she has a message to young girls, but what the f**k is up with her hair?
- Jon Gosselin will spend Thanksgiving Day with Hailey Glassman, not with his children. [Us Weekly]
- Diane Sawyer will be replacing Charlie Gibson as anchor of ABC’s “World News” when Gibson retires at the end of the year. Sawyer, who currently anchors “Good Morning America,” (admittedly, a fluffy morning news show) will be the second woman, after Katie Couric, to anchor a prime-time TV news program by herself. [NY Daily News]
- The Miss Universe beauty pageant may be fixed! A choreographer for Miss Universe alleged that Donald Trump picks out the six of the 15 finalists so he can personally assure the prettiest ones are included. [Fox News]
- Teenaged girls in the U.K. are the sub-group most likely to drink too much, a new study has found. Fifty percent of 15-year-old British girls have been drunk, according to a report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation. One in five 13-year-old British girls has been drunk at least twice, which is four times higher than in the U.S. [BBC]—We know that Europe has looser drinking regulations than the U.S. does, but 13 is way too young to be getting wasted.
Diane Sawyer’s much anticipated interview with Eliot Spitzer call girl, Ashley Dupre, aired last night. Ever wondered what the real difference is between a prostitute and a call girl? Dupre can tell you. Clip above. Keep reading »
This Friday, Ashley Alexandra Dupre, the call girl whose hotel trist with then-New York governor Eliot Spitzer led to the sex scandal of the year, will appear on ABC’s “20/20” for a sit-down interview with Diane Sawyer. If Spitzergate went down six months ago, why is Dupre talking now? Last week, the state of New York declared it wouldn’t be pressing charges against the Love Gov, meaning it’s unlikely Dupre will be charged for her part in the scandal, which frees the former escort to make her case to the public. On the same day, a lengthy profile of Dupre will appear in People. In excerpts from the interviews posted online, it sounds like the 23-year-old is looking to make apologies and mend her ways. Keep reading »
Vanity Fair has posted the latest version of its annual New Establishment list. But, hey! Where are all the women? Out of the 100 moguls, entertainers, and businessfolk who made the list as the top 100 “leaders of the information age,” just how many are women? A whopping nine. Who are they, you ask? Oprah Winfrey, Angelina Jolie, Arianna Huffington, Miuccia Prada, Diane Sawyer, Anna Wintour, Annette de la Renta, Donatella Versace, and Diane Von Furstenberg. So, what have we learned? If you’re a woman who wants to be considered a player in the New Media era by the media, you better be an entertainer, work in fashion, or have really, really great hair. Keep reading »