- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard are expecting their second child together. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- The National Enquirer is claiming Hank Baskett cheated on “Kendra” star Kendra Wilkinson while she was pregnant and paid the model $2,500 to keep quiet. [Daily Mail UK]
- Are you ready for “True Blood” the musical? [Christian Science Monitor]
- “Kitchen Nightmares” can’t ruin your appetite anymore: Gordon Ramsay is ending both the UK and the American versions of the series. [US Weekly] Keep reading »
Famous parents are finally saying enough is enough when it comes to creepy paparazzi photos of their kids, and People has responded to the request for a change of policy with what is seemingly the most wishy-washy, off-target commentary they could come up with.
The magazine has announced that they will only publish photos of celebrity kids that their parents, in theory, agree to, such as at red carpet events. They claim they will no longer be using paparazzi photos of children, except for occasional “rare exceptions” (read: whenever they feel like it).
Is this response really any better than the magazine just ignoring the issue altogether and shamelessly continuing to fill their pages with Suri Cruise pictures like they always have? Keep reading »
Not all rich and famous celebrity couples opt for million dollar weddings with loads of bells and whistles and other famous guests. Some couples, like Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell, choose to go for something more intimate. Specifically, the intimacy of tying the knot in front of a justice of the peace at City Hall. (Jessica and Kale, you’re so hip!) Apparently, when Dax and Kristen went to pick up their marriage license at the Beverly Hills County Clerk’s office an officiant offered to marry them on the spot — and because they’re awesome and chill and have no fucks to give besides the love they have for each other, they accepted. Now they’re married, just like that. No muss, no fuss! [Us Weekly]
Click onward to see 10 other celeb couples who had no frills courthouse/city hall weddings (at least the first time around)…
- Following today’s Supreme Court ruling that the Defense of Marriage Act is unconstitutional and the subsequent overturning of California’s Prop 8, Kristen Bell celebrated by asking baby daddy Dax Shepard to marry her via Twitter. The two have been engaged for awhile but said they wouldn’t walk down the aisle until gay marriage was legal. [Newser]
- HA! I totally love this invoice a woman sent her dad after fixing his laptop. Which reminds me, my mom still owes me, like, $200 for teaching her how to text. [The Mary Sue]
- Oh hey, here are 20 lessons about women pulled from “Sleepless in Seattle.” Do we think these are true? [Modern Man]
- Noted random Republican Stacey Dash — aka Dionne from “Clueless” — is defending Paula Deen. [Hello Beautiful]
- Walmart, however, has cut ties with the butter-and-slave-lovin’ chef. When Walmart thinks you’re not to be associated with, you know shit’s bad. [Newser] Keep reading »
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard have welcomed their first child together, a girl named Lincoln. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Lindsay Lohan is vacationing in Brazil before court-ordered rehab, as you do. [ONTD]
- Devyn Abdullah, winner of “The Face,” on comments she made about how she doesn’t want to be seen as a “black model.” [Clutch Mag]
- Taylor Swift will guest star on the season finale of “New Girl,” no doubt as some twee friend of Zooey Deschanel. [Hollywood Reporter]
Comedian Dax Shepard penned a really heartfelt and touching tribute to his late father on his official Tumblr page. It’s sad and heartbreaking, really. Seriously, if you could get through the entire passage dedicated to his father,Dave Robert Shepard, Sr. and do not shed a tear or feel some semblance of emotion, then you don’t have a heart.
Dax’s father passed away on New Year’s Eve and while they didn’t share a lot together during the course of his life, but they chose to make Dave’s cancer ashared project. They handled all of the details together, as a team. Read more…