- Courtney Robertson, season 16 winner of “The Bachelor” with Ben Flajnik, landed a book deal for a memoir called I Didn’t Come Here To Make Friends: Confessions Of A Reality Show Villain. [US Weekly]
- “Glee” star Heather Morris gave birth this weekend to a baby boy named Elijah. Mazel tov! [US Weekly]
- Lindsay Lohan’s parents have been banned by Oprah’s network from appearances on LiLo’s reality show. [TMZ]
- Rachel Leigh Cook has welcomed her first daughter with “Vampire Diaries” actor Daniel Gillies. Congrats! [People]
- Is “Breaking Bad” a critique of U.S. healthcare (or lack thereof)? [Feministing]
- “Modern Family” might be getting a spinoff. [Hollywood Reporter] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: courtney robertson
If you’re like us — well, except Amelia — you watched this latest season of “The Bachelor” cringing and hoping that bachelor Ben Flajnik wouldn’t pick resident sociopath/model Courtney Robertson. Ben’s flagrant disregard of the crazytown facts regarding “winning”-obsessed Courtney was mindblowing, but nonetheless, the couple seemed pretty happy after the show. But alas, their love eventually soured and now Ben is singing a different tune.
- Well, that lasted 11 months longer than anyone expected it to last: Ben Flajnik and master man-manipulator Courtney Robertson have split. At least these two didn’t rush down the aisle to get married like other “Bachelor” contestants. [Us Weekly]
- Scarlett Johansson is supposedly none too pleased that ex-husband Ryan Reynolds married his “Green Latern” co-star Blake Lively because their marriage was falling part as he was making the film and she thinks Blake swooped in to scoop Ryan up. Scarlett’s very “bitter” and thinks Blake is “phony” and a “fame monster.” Oh, but it gets even cattier: “Scarlett also considers Blake to be a cheap version of herself. They’ve actually auditioned for the same roles a few times and Blake has always lost out.” Gossip blogs sure do love the ol’ catfight narrative, don’t they? [Showbiz Spy]
- How to get back the engagement ring, written by our very own Amelia. [Modern Man] Keep reading »
After Round One of our Real March Madness competition, Courtney Robertson’s man-ipulating ways stole Phaedra Parks’ relatively harmless thunder. Meanwhile, Arizona’s desire to allow doctors to lie to pregnant women about fetal birth defects trumped Virginia, with their fetal personhood and transvaginal ultrasound bills. At the end of the day, which is the crazier threat?
Who/What Is The Craziest: Lady-Hating Arizona Or Bachelor Vixen Courtney Robertson?
- Arizona's cruel craziness! (88%, 395 Votes)
- Courtney Robertson's conniving craziness! (12%, 55 Votes)
Total Voters: 450
The thing that defines these two reality show nutters is their penchant for ridiculous one-liners. “I was as crazy as a vampire in sunlight,” “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks proclaimed about giving birth. “Winning!” Courtney Robertson cried as she capably seduced “Bachelor” Ben Flajnik. But that is where the similarities in their craziness end. Courtney is cold and calculating, while Phaedra is a self-described “Southern belle.” Courtney set her sights on winning the heart of a fratty winemaker, while Phaedra’s goal is to own a funeral home. Who do you think is the nuttiest reality TV fruitcake?
Who Is The Crazier Reality TV Cast Member?
- Courtney Robertson is "Winning!" this one. (62%, 198 Votes)
- Phaedra Parks is the belle of this ball. (38%, 123 Votes)
Total Voters: 320
Artist Lisa Hanawalt did us a solid with her set of sketches and quirky observations about this season of “The Bachelor.” Unlike me, she turned her deep shame about watching the show into art. And the result is far more entertaining than the show could ever have aspired to be. Ugh. Ben was such a turd. But, turns out, his hair is inspiring. Click through to see a few of my favorite pages from Lisa’s “Bachelor” sketchbook. All words and images by Lisa Hanawalt. I may even buy myself a print. She’s selling them on her website! [NY Mag.com]
Soooo. I sat through two long ass hours of the most boring not controversial “Bachelor” finale ever. Really, the only part I wanted to see was “After the Final Rose.” So I had to watch. The only thing that kept me slogging through was Amelia’s company and that bottle of wine we were working on. We also played Bengo intermittently. They said “special” A LOT so we killed the bottle fairly quickly. I spent most of the two hours cringing, burying my face in my hands and muttering under my breath about feeling “deep shame.” This finale, in addition to being a snoozefest, was extremely embarrassing. The love letter Courtney wrote. Her lack of proper punctuation. Lindzi’s stress breakouts. Ben’s sister’s weird hair. And the capes! Good God! The capes! Which leads me to the most embarrassing moment … Lindzi’s dumping. Keep reading »
As a fan of reality TV competition shows, I always, without fail, root for the villain. The villain is usually the smartest and most strategic, attributes that entertain and impress me far more than physical strength or niceness. Stick me in front of an episode of any reality TV show and I will be cheering for the Richard Hatch of the group, the person 10 steps ahead of the others who are too busy braiding each other’s hair to notice.
That’s why I am such a big fan of Courtney, the mean-spirited model on this season of “The Bachelor.” Because even though she ‘s fond of using dated catchphrases like “Winning!”, Courtney is the only one who seems to recognize that after 16 seasons (plus an additional eight of “The Bachelorette”) of final roses, failed engagements and broken hearts, “The Bachelor” is a competition and that winning very rarely results in finding true, lasting love. As a result, Courtney has played “The Bachelor” game with very little regard for the actual “prize” in the end, and watching her has been a master class in manipulating a man. Here’s how she’s done it. Keep reading »
This season of The Bachelor has truly belonged to 28-year-old model Courtney Robertson, who’ll be battling it out with Lindzi Cox for Ben’s final rose next week. Courtney has been in the spotlight since day one, whether she was skinny-dipping with Ben, surprising him with a practice wedding on a date, or just making snide comments about her fellow contestants. And while it seems like these kind of catty and manipulating antics would have gotten her booted, Ben seems to be smitten. And most of you think Courtney will be the winner — especially with those recent photos of her trying on wedding dresses! So if you, too, have dreams of stardom onThe Bachelor, here are the best worst quotes from the season’s most-hated contestant, Courtney. Read more…
Hooray! Tonight is my favorite episode of every “Bachelor” season — “The Women Tell All” aka “The Women Confront Each Other Over The Ways They Feel They Were Insulted”! I am mostly excited to see how Courtney handles what is sure to be an onslaught of hate from her fellow bachelorettes — after all, she basically trash talked them all season. The most interesting thing to me about this preview, however, is when rejected bachelorette Jamie tells Ben she’s still interested in him and that he should get in touch if things don’t work out with his eventual pick; Ben’s energy and body language suggest that things have already gone south with his “fiancee.” Hmm…