Courtney Love and Twitter always mix like alcohol and heavy machinery, and this time around the singer is accusing former Nirvana drummer Dave Grohl of attempting to seduce her daughter, 19-year-old Frances Bean Cobain, and of being “sexually obsessed w kurt.” Gawker has the tweets, which were sent out last night from Love’s protected account. She starts out by tweeting to @davegrohl—who isn’t even the right Dave Grohl, but rather some German guy, Gawker notes—accusing Grohl of hitting on Frances and saying she wants to kill him. Read more…
Tag Archives: courtney love
Courtney Love Says Dave Grohl Is “Sexually Obsessed” With Kurt Cobain, Accuses Him Of Hitting On Frances Bean
Love her or hate her, you can’t deny that in less than two years, Courtney Stodden has gone from complete unknown to wildly embarrassing campy teen sexpot. This girl does virtually everything in lucite heels — including R-rated makeouts with aging hubby and famewhore Doug Hutchinson in a pumpkin patch – and has a penchant for borderline pornagraphic tweeting. And God, do we love her for it. But then there’s Courtney Love, who has been Bringing It since C. Stodden was in diapers. Literally. (Don’t you hate it when people overstate like that?) So, which is the biggest C-word? And by C-word, we mean, crazy Courtney, of course.
Who Is The Crazier Courtney?
- Courtney Stodden takes the coo-coo cake! (56%, 486 Votes)
- Courtney Love is the battiest of them all! (44%, 383 Votes)
Total Voters: 867
Geez ladies, by now we should all know that referring to anything other than rape as “rape” is just a bad idea. It trivializes what rape actually is and manages to make you look like a complete buffoon. And that’s exactly what Courtney Love did when she claimed the Muppets — the friggin’ Muppets! — “raped” the memory of Kurt Cobain by using Nirvana’s song “Smells Like Teen Spirit” in their movie.
Well, it’s a little more complicated than that. According to TMZ, half of Courtney Love’s rights to Cobain’s music was sold to a company called Primary Wave Music, which gave the Muppets movie permission to use the song. Also, the two surviving members of Nirvana, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic, gave their permission as well. And Dave Grohol is in the movie. This sounds like another case of What The Hell Are You Talking About, Courtney Love? [TMZ]
Courtney Love is only the latest in a long and tacky line of celebs who’ve used the word “rape” insensitively. Click through our gallery of shame!
La Lohan is at it again, and for real this time, she is bumming me out. Earlier this week, we saw some Terry Richardson-shot photos of her with massively blown-out pupils and a wonky eye situation, and last night she was out and about for the New York Fashion Week amFAR Gala and … let’s just say she makes Courtney Love in her heroin-addled prime look like Kate Middleton. As a Lindsay fan from way back (weren’t we all?), I’ve always crossed my fingers that this once-beautiful, talented girl would pull it together, but I’m starting to think it’s time for me to let her go.
Not gonna lie, when Amelia sent me the link to Courtney Love’s closet tour of her West Village townhouse, my first response was “TERRIFYING.” I mean, think of all the misplaced cigarette butts, the stray hair extensions, the tatters. But actually? Courtney’s got some fine stuff. During her closet tour with Scott Lipps, Courtney expounds on the wonders of gloves, the joys of Victorian clothing and why her “utilitarian” Chloe blouse (which, let’s be honest, costs more than everything in my closet put together) is her favorite thing ever. [The Gloss]
- It looks like Courtney Love may be getting evicted from her $27,000-a-month New York City townhouse for, well, a bevy of Courtney Love-like reasons. [Dlisted]
- Whoops! Now that’s what we call a wardrobe malfunction. Sofia Vergara went out in black leggings, unaware that they were sheer from behind. I’ve made this very same mistake before, but I can guarantee my butt looked nowhere near as bangin’ as Sofia’s. Girlfriend has nothing to hide! [Huffington Post]
- Brad Goreski, Rachel Zoe’s former style director, says he believes he has an idea why Zoe no longer speaks to him, but he keeps it vague. [Styleite]
- The Human Rights Campaign wants to kill “Work It,” an upcoming ABC show that will feature two men who crossdress as women in an attempt to get jobs. Sign the petition here! [Human Rights Campaign] Keep reading »
- Another day, another boob-flashing incident from Courtney Love! Courtney pulled down her tube top and shared her ta-tas with the crowd during a concert in Brazil. Ho hum. Tell us something we haven’t heard before. [RadarOnline]
- Do not click this link if you don’t want to read Matt Weiner’s wishes for how “Mad Men” will end. [Grantland]
- Six terrifying things nobody tells you about donating sperm. [Cracked]
- Paul Bettany will star in a new Showtime series, “Masters Of Sex,” about the sex researchers Masters and Johnson. [Perez Hilton] Keep reading »
This week we’ve been rounding up our favorite hot messes and telling you how to get their look for Halloween. This particular category would not be complete with out the original mess, Courtney Love. The nice thing about Courtney is that she has so many iconically messy moments to choose from. One that will always hold a special place in my heart is the night that she decided to Tweet a series of photos of herself in bed with her pet turtle. Absolutely brilliant. Click through to see how to get Courtney’s look and some other ideas if you want to be a hot mess this Halloween.
“Mad? Ya think?! If he came back right now I’d have to kill him, for what he did to us. I’d f**king kill him. I’d f**k him, and then I’d kill him.”
– Courtney Love kind of went off when a Vanity Fair writer asked her if she was angry at husband Kurt Cobain for committing suicide. Honestly, Courtney is probably going to get a lot of crap for this quote, but I don’t blame her for being pissed. The issues that drive people to take their own life — depression, illness, etc. — are complicated and hard to grasp and for that reason, I really loathe it when people write suicide off as simply “selfish.” However, the impact suicide has on the surviving family members and loved ones is also complicated and hard to grasp and for that reason I hope Courtney is cut a break for her comments.
“I didn’t know she had that many tattoos! We don’t talk but we email, so I didn’t know about the new ones she’d gotten. When she first got that Jeff Buckley thing I was, like, she knows I went on a date with him, right? And I saw the Quentin Crisp, I was incredibly impressed. I was like ‘Awww, that’s my daughter!’ … Well, yeah she’s beautiful. What else did you expect! She’s my kid!”
—Courtney Love may be pretty much estranged from 18-year-old daughter Frances Bean Cobain but she’s still got a mother’s concern about her daughter’s ink. Frances recently posed for some absolutely breathtaking photos by the high-art photographer Hedi Slimane. Who would have thought that of all the famous teens to do photoshoots, the child of Courtney Love’s would be the most tasteful? [NY Observer] Keep reading »