I must admit, not a day goes by where I don’t wake up feeling just a tiny bit pissed off that Gwyneth Paltrow is BFFs with Jay-Z and Beyonce. And husband Chris Martin reaps the rewards! On New Year’s Eve, Coldplay and Jay-Z co-headlined the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, ring in the new year with Jay’z “Run This Town.” In the background, you can see Gwyneth gettin’ down with her fierce white lady moves. (I’m not judging, really — I went to see Phish TWICE this weekend and have never danced so white in my life.) And on stage you can also see kids Apple and Moses dancing as well. I’m not so jealous of Gwyneth’s friendship with the Carters that I can’t admit that’s pretty cute. [NYMag.com]
Tag Archives: coldplay
There were some memorable moments last night on the Grammys. Adele’s flawless face and voice put me in a trance. LL Cool J had me drooling — I swear that man doesn’t age. And who is that hot guy from The Civil Wars? He looked like the love child of Johhny Depp and Jack White. Great performance! I must say, though, that the two minutes that made me the happiest involved animated pigs, Coldplay, Willie Nelson and Chipotle. I’m not going to pretend like I totally “got” the Chipotle commercial featuring Willie Nelson covering Coldplay’s “The Scientist.” It was just a wonderful conglomeration of things I enjoy put together in the most oddly delightful way. I will never to be able to eat another burrito bowl without thinking of it.
The 54th Annual Grammy Awards is tonight! LL Cool J is the evening’s host, and the guest artist list is an impressive roster of talent from today and yesterday. While you can never know for sure what is going to happen at the Grammys (right, Kanye West?). Here are ten things we are definitely looking forward to.
10. Rihanna teams up with Coldplay. I’ll admit that Coldplay has never been a favorite band of mine. The list explaining why is too long to go into here, but I will concede that Mylo Xyloto is an impressive album. Rihanna lends her vocals — and hopefully daring outfit — on “Princess of China.” Read more…
- Coldplay recently paid tribute to the late Amy Winehouse by covering “Rehab” at a recent show. Check it out above! [Popdust]
- Ew. Brett Ratner is going to produce next year’s Academy Awards? [Huffington Post]
- Olivia Wilde told Conan O’Brien all about the naughtiest vagina tattoo she’s ever seen. it involves a lawnmower, and that’s all I’m gonna say. [Team Coco]
We heard that Gwyneth Paltrow will be singing a duet with husband Chris Martin from Coldplay on New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas and shuddered. We know that Gwyneth’s really stoked to be singing in her new country-fried movie “Country Strong,” but yeah, no. Their combined level of self-righteous GOOP-iness is frighteningly high, and we can’t think of anywhere we’d rather NOT be than a Gwynnie/Coldplay concert.
In fact, we’ve created a list of all the things we’d rather do than attend that concert. Check it out after the jump. Keep reading »
- Gwyneth Paltrow has reportedly told husband Chris Martin that he should put Coldplay on hold so he can go solo. [Dlisted] — Didn’t John Lennon and Yoko Ono already do this?
- Eric Bana might be more dramatic in his film roles, but when he’s home the actor is all laughs. He says that’s how he keeps his marriage with Rebecca Gleeson running smoothly. [People]
- Kate Gosselin says she’s lonely, but too busy to date. [Us Weekly] — At least she’s smart enough not to date in the public eye before she’s divorced.
Carla Bruni-Sarkozy’s latest album Comme si de rien n’était is the number one album in France, beating out Coldplay’s Viva la Vida in its first full week on sale. Now, Carla was famous before she married French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but she was by no means at the same level as Miley Cyrus, at least when it came to record sales. She still isn’t anywhere near as popular as Miley, but we’ve been checking up on the Amazon.com sales ranking of her last album, No Promises since the moment we heard she and Nicolas got together, and it is clear that getting involved with him has helped her career. Keep reading for a chart showing how her sales ranking has dropped (that’s a good thing) since getting with Nicolas in December. Keep reading »
Something tells us she had better seats than the average fan. [Madison Square Garden, New York City, 6/23/08] Keep reading »
Gwyneth Paltrow got a “C” tattooed on her thigh, Cindy Adams reported in today’s New York Post. That’s “C” for Chris Martin and Coldplay. I don’t understand getting a tattoo in honor of a significant other — a blood relative, maybe (after all, you’re already stuck with them forever). Perhaps this is a highly pessimistic opinion, but I think getting tattooed with someone’s name almost guarantees the relationship won’t last, as a few celebs have learned…
Keep reading »