- Christina Ricci will play the iconic axe murderess Lizzie Borden in an upcoming biopic for Lifetime — which is not the same Lizzie Borden biopic that Chloe Sevigny will star in for HBO. Cable TV needs two axe murderess biopics, apparently! [Contact Music]
- The Los Angeles D.A. might charge Chris Brown over his fight last January with Frank Ocean. I won’t hold my breath. [TMZ]
- Never one to keep his mouth shut, Karl Lagerfeld has trashed Audrey Tatou’s portrayal of Coco Chanel in the 2009 biopic “Coco Before Chanel,” sniffing that Tatou “played it like women’s lib, like Simone de Beauvoir 30 years before The Second Sex.” [NYmag.com]
- “Trash the dress” photography is a new (batshit insane) theme for wedding photos where the bride and groom ruin her fancy white dress by jumping in a lake or rolling in the mud. [Racked] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: christina ricci
The lovely Christina Ricci seems to have pissed someone off in the Nylon art department because that cover image is a little wonky-eyed. Maybe the photographer told her “Give me an intense gaze!” Who knows. This bizarre cover image definitely doesn’t do justice to the beautiful and normally not-wonky-looking star. [Imgur.com] Keep reading »
“He’s a good kisser. He’s a lovely human being also. He reminded me of my best friend’s little brothers growing up. He’s just a silly, fun guy; we laughed a lot. He makes fun of himself all the time; he’s adorable.”
—Christina Ricci dishes to Rachael Ray about her co-star in the movie “Bel Ami,” Sir Robert Pattinson. Looks like all the rabid Edward fans out there have a new woman to hate besides Kristen Stewart. Though the juxtaposition of the phrases “good kisser” and “little brothers” is a wee bit disconcerting. [Celebuzz]
Keep reading »
Marina Abramovic’s “The Artist is Present” closed at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art earlier this week — which our Amelia wanted me to say she “loved, loved, loved, loved, loved” — and Givenchy hosted a star-studded celebration fêting the performance artist. The celebrities in attendance seemed to think that since the exhibit featured nudity, they should wear something revealing, and see-through dresses were the trend of the evening, with Christina Ricci, Liv Tyler, and Cassie all wearing them. What’s with all the peep-show clothes lately? Keep reading »
Donna Karan heard that viral videos are really popular with the kids these days, so she hired Sting’s son to make a two-minute movie starring Christina Ricci and a handbag, then released it to the wilds of the internet. Er, sorry Donna, we’re not sure this has what it takes to be the next Susan Boyle-level web hit, but hey, it’s Friday. We’ll go ahead and post it anyway. [WSJ] Keep reading »
- Christina Ricci and Owen Benjamin have called off their engagement. [Dlisted] — I wonder if the breakup had something to do with their height difference.
- Now, Kate Gosselin’s former fiance is dishing on her past. Factory worker Adam Miller says Kate cheated on him with some guy in a Corvette. [Perez Hilton]
- A rep for Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie says the couple is going strong in response to the National Enquirer‘s insistence they had split up. [E! Online] — If they did break up, I think they’d work out some agreement to keep their family together, and we’d never know if they were together or not.
Now and Then is one of those classic girls-coming-of-age movies. Most of the action takes place in the 1970s, so actresses Christina Ricci, Thora Birch, Gaby Hoffmann, and Ashleigh Aston Moore got to wear some pretty sweet clothes. (I hope I’m not the only one to think cut-off jean shorts, plaid shirts, and the most basic sneakers ever are awesome.) Exchange your usual flip-flops for canvas sneaks, and channel your favorite of the four girls — I’m a Samantha (Gaby Hoffmann). Keep reading »