Shocking! Christina Aguilera cares more about her five-year-old son, Max, than exercise. It seems that we’re supposed to be surprised enough for that statement to be worthy of a headline. Apparently, she’s expected to be a veggie-eating robot who delegates the “child” nonsense to nannies in favor of spending extra hours alone on the treadmill. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: christina aguilera
Season three of our fave reality TV show/Blake Shelton awful tattoo showcase, “The Voice,” is almost over, and we are gonna be so sad to see it go. Especially because favorite mentor and extensions enthusiast Christina Aguilera is reportedly not returning next season so that she has the time to “fulfill my creative soul.” Maybe she’s got a bunch of wigs to comb? Or is planning an all out surprise warbling attack at a neighborhood mall? Whatever the case, next season will see Xtina replaced by Shakira, and tiny man nugget Cee Lo traded in for Usher. Let’s commemorate all the good times we’ve had with Chrissy A. through the power of 16 gifs, one for every tear we’ll cry. Keep reading »
Christina Aguilera has fallen victim to an exceptionally strange search engine quirk: If you Google ‘dying grandparent’ in Google Images, it’s predominantly images of her, and she’s neither a grandparent nor dying.
So what’s going on?
It’s a result of a gossip item published in June about her family troubles. Aguilera was widely considered to be snubbing her… you guessed it … dying grandparents. Read more…
Have you been watching “The Voice”? The vocal talent show features judges Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine coaching singers in a vocal competition. The twist? The judges choose the people on their teams based on voice alone. The idea is that the blind auditions will help select singers who might otherwise be deemed conventionally attractive or saleable — with the hopes of finding an unexpected diamond in the rough.
It’s a great idea, yes. And in its first two seasons, the show has stuck to its mission fairly explicitly. But in season three? Ugh. There is a contestant that’s destroyed the core idea of “The Voice” — and managed to reinforce tired beliefs about conventionally attractive people.
Meet Dez Duron. He’s a former Yale football player and current Voice favorite. He’s also my least favorite contestant. Because he’s really, really attractive. Keep reading »
Christina Aguilera Allegedly Propositioned Vanessa Hudgens For A Threesome & What Happens At A Female Masturbation Class
- Rumor has it that Christina Aguilera propositioned Vanessa Hudgens to join her and Matt Rutler in the bedroom and Vanessa politely declined. How dirrty. [Pop Crush]
- Here is some really dumb sex advice from the 1960s. One book instructs women to moan when their male partner orgasms so he feels encouraged that you also experienced pleasure. I believe that’s called “faking it.” [TruTV]
- This infographic will teach you how to ask for oral sex. Specified directions for men and women. It appears to be much easier for women. [Cracked]
- Here are sex positions amenable to outdoor sex. One word: lumberjack. [Ask Men]
- This woman attended a female masturbation class and lived to tell the tale. [NY Mag/ The Cut]
- Here are some ridiculous untruths that can be learned from a lack of sexual education. [The Gloss]
- An exploration of “other women” and their reasons for wrecking a marriage. [The Stir]
- A response to Charlotte Allen’s essay about hookup culture, wherein she identifies guys as the victims. [College Candy] Keep reading »
Did you guys get a chance to go to the pumpkin patch this year? I went with my brother last week, and while we were in the petting zoo he mentioned that my parents may have lied about the circumstances surrounding my bunny’s death when I was in 5th grade, so that kind of colored the whole trip, but that’s beside the point. You know who else loves pumpkin patches? Celebrities! Yep, every October they flock to sunny LA pumpkin patches in droves, cute kids in tow, determined to find the perfect pumpkin. Click through to check out 12 celebs–from Gwen Stefani to Hilary Duff–taking part in this fun fall tradition…
“Now everyone is a critic. I don’t read blogs. It’s just God-knows-who in Buttfuck wherever writing hate shit. You can’t take it seriously. I’m sure you’ve all been hated on at some point by buttfuck people. It’s real talk today.”
– Christina Aguilera tells The Hollywood Reporter what she really thinks of bloggers. I was just starting to like Christina again and then she called me a buttfucker. Boo! Well, I refuse to write hate shit in return. I would like to take this opportunity to praise Xtina for the feminist stance she recently took on “The Voice” when she stole Alessandra Guercio because “no woman should feel less than confident.” I thought that was awesome, Xtina. Keep it up. Sincerely, a buttfuck person from God-knows-who in Buttfuck. [DListed]
Perhaps you’ve heard of this little band of British moppets called The Wanted? They’re sort of like One Direction (or so I’ve been told), but less squeaky clean. And apparently, one way they’ve attempted to mold their bad boy image is by slagging off Christina Aguilera after meeting her at a taping of “The Voice.” This past April, the lads were doing an interview with Now FM and referred to her as a bitch. Member Tom Parker (he’s the one whose gaping maw is open so wide you can see his tonsils in the pic above) said, “She might not be a bitch in real life, but to us, she was a total bitch. She just sat there and didn’t speak to us. Wouldn’t even look at us.” I’d argue that Xtina shouldn’t have to look at anybody she doesn’t want to — especially if they happen to be foul-mouthed British teens. And also? Does a woman have to pay attention to a dude just because he wants her to? (#rhetoricalquestion). Keep reading »
The interweb loves to defile a diva’s photograph. They did it to Mimi’s “American Idol” promo photo, and now the people of the virtual world are having a field day with Christina Aguilera’s Lotus album cover. It’s been less than a week since she tweeted the cover art for her forthcoming album and already there are more Photoshopped renditions and GIFs of it on Tumblr than I can keep track of.
Click through to see some of the worst.
Update, 3:40 p.m.: Ooof. We now hear via Just Jared that these quotes are supposedly fake. Christina’s rep has said she never made these comments to Billboard. We’ll keep you posted on this weird story. [Just Jared]
“During the promotion of my album ‘Stripped (in 2002), I got tired of being a skinny, white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl. The next time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings! Let me tell you, that wasn’t an easy pill for them to swallow. They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight. Basically, they told me I would effect a lot of people if I gained weight – the production, musical directors. … I told (my label) during this ‘Lotus’ recording, ‘You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it. They need a reminder sometimes that I don’t belong to them. It’s my body. My body can’t put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore — my body is just not on the table that way anymore.
– Christina Aguilera spoke to Billboard about her new album Lotus and hit on something that women in the music biz can be somewhat skittish (understandably) to discuss publicly: the way your body is part of your product as much as your voice. It’s always struck me as an unfair double standard. I mean, Cee Lo clearly is not getting called in and being told to drop some weight. And it’s especially dispiriting that a singer with a phenomenal voice like Christina Aguilera has to deal with that shite. Good for her for putting her foot down! Between this and Lady Gaga’s admission last week that’s she’s battled anorexia and bulimia, it’s really the week of pop stars speaking out — and we’ll all be better for it. [New York Daily News] [Photo: Splash News]