As much as I do not enjoy Gwyneth Paltrow and rubbed my hands together with glee at the thought of a damning tell-all about the actress/lifestyle guru, I had hoped the secrets would reveal her to be a fraud not a philanderer. But sources are whispering that the much-anticipated Vanity Fair “epic takedown” might reveal that Gwyneth, who’s been married to Chris Martin since 2003, had an affair with Elle Macpherson’s billionaire husband, Jeff Soffer. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: chris martin
Jay Z continues to use public transport even though he’s rich enough to helicopter everywhere. After a gig in London this weekend, Hov was snapped taking the London Underground with pals Chris Martin (Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow and chief Coldplay warbler) and producer Timbaland. Check out one more pic after the jump! [Photos: INFPhoto.com] Keep reading »
Gwyneth Paltrow Does Half-Way Decent Impressions Of Jay-Z, Beyonce, Macklemore, Kanye & Husband Chris Martin
Gwyneth Paltrow generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth — a taste eerily reminiscent of wilted kale — but I am capable of appreciating aspects of her personality that are actually kind of endearing. Like the solid effort she put into the embarrassing task of imitating famous rappers like Jay-Z, Kanye West and Macklemore, on “Ellen” yesterday. Her Beyonce isn’t bad either. But that Chris Martin impression needs work.
- Gwyneth Paltrow revealed that she got pregnant again after Apple, 8, and Moses, 6, but miscarried her third pregnancy. “I had a really bad experience when I was pregnant with my third,” Paltrow said. “It didn’t work out and I nearly died.” She also said that even if her marriage with Chris Martin doesn’t work out, she’s glad she chose to have kids with someone who’s a great dad. [People]
- Beth Ditto got arrested in Portland for drunkenly screaming “Obama! Obama!” in the street with no shoes on. [Dlisted]
- Miley Cyrus got two hearts based on the iconic Da Vinci hearts tattooed on her arm this weekend. Given her rumored split from fiancé Liam Hemsworth over an alleged cheatin’ incident with January Jones, interpret that as you will. [World Of Wonder]
- Some dude tweeted that he gave Prince Harry his number in a club and the prince promised to call “if he ever changes his mind about women. Or men.” [Metro UK] Keep reading »
I must admit, not a day goes by where I don’t wake up feeling just a tiny bit pissed off that Gwyneth Paltrow is BFFs with Jay-Z and Beyonce. And husband Chris Martin reaps the rewards! On New Year’s Eve, Coldplay and Jay-Z co-headlined the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, ring in the new year with Jay’z “Run This Town.” In the background, you can see Gwyneth gettin’ down with her fierce white lady moves. (I’m not judging, really — I went to see Phish TWICE this weekend and have never danced so white in my life.) And on stage you can also see kids Apple and Moses dancing as well. I’m not so jealous of Gwyneth’s friendship with the Carters that I can’t admit that’s pretty cute. [NYMag.com]
“[Chris is] a musical genius. It’s like living with Picasso and being like, ‘Should I make a little something-something?’ … Sometimes it’s hard being with someone for a long time. We go through periods that aren’t all rosy. I always say, life is long and you never know what’s going to happen. If, God forbid, we were ever not to be together, I respect him so much as the father of my children. Like, I made such a good choice. He’s such a good dad. You can never be relaxed or smug and think, ‘I’ve got this thing.’ That’s also part of it: keeping yourself on your toes. I’m not going to take this for granted.”
—Gwyneth Paltrow dishes to Elle about starting a fledgling music career, about running her website/newsletter GOOP, and of course about her rock star husband, Chris Martin of Coldplay. Make it reason number 11 we like Gwyneth. She seems to have a really down-to-earth perspective on love and marriage. [PopSugar] Keep reading »
I’d like to think I’m an intelligent person. Intellectual, even. But it turns out I am drastically under-qualified to tutor Apple and Moses Martin, the seven- and five-year-old children of Coldplay’s Chris Martin and his wife Gwyneth Paltrow. The couple is currently interviewing candidates from Tutors-International.com to be based at their main residence in London and travel around the world with their family. The tutor must be fluent in ancient Greek, Latin, French and Spanish, able to play two instruments and athletic. (If you’re wondering about the ancient Greek and Latin, it turns out that was Chris Martin’s specialties in college.) Ideally, they should hold a degree from Oxbridge, too. Keep reading »
We heard that Gwyneth Paltrow will be singing a duet with husband Chris Martin from Coldplay on New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas and shuddered. We know that Gwyneth’s really stoked to be singing in her new country-fried movie “Country Strong,” but yeah, no. Their combined level of self-righteous GOOP-iness is frighteningly high, and we can’t think of anywhere we’d rather NOT be than a Gwynnie/Coldplay concert.
In fact, we’ve created a list of all the things we’d rather do than attend that concert. Check it out after the jump. Keep reading »
Make it stop—I have an image in my head of Gwyneth Paltrow and hubby Chris Martin of Coldplay on a stage, doing a mash-up of “Viva La Vida” and “Eff You” for screaming fans. Rumor has it that the two will be performing together, on New Year’s Eve no less, at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. The bash for 2,500 revelers supposedly cost more than $25 million, and Jay-Z is allegedly going to be performing with Beyoncé as well. Maybe the four of them could all get on stage and do an ode to ABBA? Just an idea. [NY Post] Keep reading »
- Us Weekly has exclusive confirmation from Chris Martin’s rep that he wasn’t making out with Kate Bosworth in public, as Star reported. [Us Weekly] — Chris has been married to Gwyneth Paltrow for six years, but there have been rumors of troubled waters for a long time.
- Although they claim they’re just friends, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart were spotted kissing outside a screening of “New Moon.” — These two will carry on this charade as long as they’re under their Summit Entertainment contracts.
- Kourtney Kardashian says she’s nervous but excited to be a mom, and her on-again, off-again boyfriend Scott Disick is making amends to her family. [PopEater] — The true test will be how involved he is with caring for the baby and supporting her.