Every week, there’s a news story that makes us go “RIHANNA, GIRL, NO.” It’s not a secret that the pop star’s personal life is worrisome. We knew about Rihanna’s father’s past physical abuse towards her mother during her childhood, but it turns out RiRi’s still flying first class on the Daddy Issues Express. In an interview with Heat magazine, her formerly-estranged dad Ronald Fenty shared his special, terrible brand of parenting. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: chris brown
- Rihanna tweeted a photo of a bag of rice cakes with sunglasses and hoop earrings, which some people are saying is a racist potshot at Chris Brown’s girlfriend, Karrueche Tran, who is half-Vietnamese. Considering how Rihanna was rightfully outraged when a Dutch magazine called her the n-word last year, I’m surprised she would do something like this. [PopCrush, Twitter.com/Rihanna]
- The rest of the cast of “Growing Pains” reacts on Twitter to Kirk Cameron’s bigoted comments about gays. [Queerty]
- Madonna’s 24-year-old boyfriend Brahim Zaibat reportedly proposed to her and she’s allegedly seriously considering saying “yes” because he makes her feel so young. [Fox News]
- What do we think of Kim Zolciak’s new country song “Love Me First”? [TooFab]
- Mila Kunis doesn’t send naked pics, which is probably very wise. [Evil Beet Gossip] Keep reading »
Seth Rogen, host of last night’s Independent Spirit Awards, pretty much killed it in his opening monologue, taking well-deserved shots at Mel Gibson (“Drive made Jews so scary I thought Mel Gibson directed it”) and Lars Von Trier. But his best joke killed three birds with one stone — Brett Ratner, who was forced to resign from producing the Oscars after he used a homophobic slur, Chris Brown, and the Grammy Awards. Referring to Ratner’s swift ouster, Rogen joked that he was better suited to produce the Grammys anyway, because “at the Grammys, you can literally beat the shit out of a nominee and be asked to perform twice.” Oof. Burn. [Perez Hilton]
So much happens in a week! It’s hard to keep it all straight. That’s why we’re keeping track for you, with our new helpful charticle, Totally Awesome, Totally Crap, which highlights the best and worst of the past seven days. This week: We’re loving Adele giving the middle finger at the Brit Awards. You do not cut off Adele. We’re also super stoked that “Community” — the best, most underrated show on TV — will officially be returning on March 15. Also getting the thumbs up: Zac Efron “accidentally” dropping a condom at the premiere of his new movie, “The Lorax.” Hooray for using protection! I am secretly hoping it’s because he’s boning the Lorax.
Totally sucky this week? Rihanna recording a song with ex-lover/beater/total shitbird Chris Brown. We’re also kind of disgusted that Bobby Brown is writing a tell-all. Too soon! Plus, what don’t we know about you after we watched you pull poop out of Whitney’s ass on your reality show? Beyond that — is there no such thing as deep, unabiding, trustful love anymore? Jessica Biel doesn’t think so, which is why she’s reportedly making Justin Timberlake sign a pre-nup that grants her at least $500,000 every time he cheats. True love is dead.
With Chris Brown and Rihanna releasing two remixes together and rumors of them seeing each other flying, it’s understandable to feel disappointed in Rihanna. It’s hard watching anyone step into such an obvious trap, especially when she’s been warned repeatedly of how dangerous it is. Add to that the fear that Rihanna’s choice to forgive Brown sends a signal to young fans that domestic violence is no big deal, and you have more than enough justifications to be upset with Rihanna.
But if you sincerely want to reduce the incidence of domestic violence in our society, I beg you to refrain from judging her. Strange as it may sound, judging women who return to their abusers only makes the problem worse. Keep reading »
- “American Idol” reportedly wants Chris Brown and Rihanna to reunite for a performance. VOMIT. Meanwhile, Chris Brown’s alleged iPhone theft in Miami might jeopardize his probation. [PopCrush, PopCrush]
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel will marry this summer “at a private estate” and she’s planning to wear a Monique Lhuillier gown, says a source. [US Weekly]
- Gerard Butler checked into the Betty Ford rehab three weeks ago for an addiction to prescription drugs, sources tell TMZ. [TMZ]
- Marriage advice from Republican candidates. Hey, Mitt Romney and his wife have been together for, like, 40 years. They must be doing something right. [Nerve]
- Kate Moss gets sacrilegious in the March issue of W. [The Gloss] Keep reading »
- The ever-so-charming Chris Brown has been accused of stealing a woman’s iPhone at a Miami nightclub after she took a picture of him. A 24-year-old woman started photographing Chris Brown and Tyga leaving a nightclub and he allegedly reached out of the window, took her phone and said, “Bitch you ain’t going to put that on no website.” [Buzzfeed]
- In other Bad Dude News, Bobby Brown is pitching a tell-all book about his marriage to ex-wife Whitney Houston. Klassy. [PopCrush]
- The words “purple nurple,” “student” and “teacher” do not belong in the same sentence, ever. [The FW]
- Kate Middleton has a cousin who is a burlesque artist?!?! [The Gloss]
- The six worst Oscar snubs in black film history. [Uptown Magazine] Keep reading »
“Whatever my friend Rihanna wants to do. It’s whatever she wants to do. [To] forgive is a word that people need to rethink and actually figure out whether they can do that, or if they’re just saying that they can forgive and they actually can’t and don’t possess the power to do that. And [Rihanna] does, [and] I do, along with a lot of people I know do. You know we’re all human at the end of the day. This isn’t ‘hey, [I'm] sticking up for this person, or whatever.’ It’s not about that. It’s really about what I was taught as a kid. This is how I thought the world was supposed to work, you know. We want forgiveness when it’s us, but we don’t want forgiveness when it’s somebody else. It’s like you’re in a glass house and and you’re casting rocks out … You’re just shattering your own house because the same willingness you have to not forgive someone else, you have to understand that one day you’re going to have a child and that child may do something that you don’t sincerely approve of. But you have to start to understand that we are human and this is how it is.”
– The Dream, who produced Rihanna’s song “Birthday Cake” that she remixed with her abusive ex-boyfriend Chris Brown, tells PopCrush what he thinks about the controversy. Keep reading »
Well, the moment we — or at least I – have been dreading has arrive. Tonight, Rihanna and Chris Brown released not one, but two songs they worked on together: Rihanna’s “Birthday Cake” remix, on which Chris Brown makes a cameo, and Brown’s new song “Turn Up The Music,” which features Rihanna. The former is especially stomach-turning, as it has Brown crooning, “Girl I wanna fuck you right now / Been a long time I’ve been missing your body / Let me turn the lights down / When I go down it’s a private party.” You can listen to both songs after the jump. I’m headed to the bathroom to vomit. Keep reading »
When the internet started to buzz with the rumor that Rihanna had invited Chris Brown to guest on the remix of her song “Birthday Cake,” my instant reaction was disbelief. She wouldn’t… I thought. Sure, there had been signs that Rihanna had rekindled a bit of a friendship with her ex, who famously beat her to the point of being hospitalized in 2009, but to collaborate with him? A recent video for the song “We Found Love” seemed to reference the unhealthy and abusive nature of that relationship — surely the next step wouldn’t be to make music with the guy?
Alas, it appears the rumors are true. The song is set to be released this week [UPDATE: Two songs have been released, which you can listen to here.] and it’s all but confirmed that Brown appears on the track, allegedly recorded without her label knowing about it. (Brown has also hinted that Rihanna appears on the upcoming remix of “Turn Up The Music.”) Rihanna has tweeted a number of messages that suggest she’s aware of the negative response the collaboration is garnering; “Go head talk shit…its all in da paper!!! Lemme grab my dick while ya sit on top!!!” she wrote late last week. Sigh. She can be dismissive of the criticism, but I am going to do my best not to be dismissive of her in mine. Keep reading »