Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: chris brown
Unlike the other YouTube video he put out in May, where he plugs his new album and tells his fans, “I ain’t a monster,” this video is a clearly scripted and exactly two minutes long. He looks remorseful. He pleads for sympathy. He apologizes to Rihanna, his fans, and everyone else he disappointed when he assaulted her earlier this year. He even says he hopes to be worthy of the phrase “role model” some day. It’s the PR-iest of PR scripts a PR person could dream up.
Maybe you ain’t a monster, Chris, but you could have done a lot better. Keep reading »
Chris Brown—you know, the guy who got his wrist slapped for beating the crap out of Rihanna earlier this year — just released a video on his You Tube page where he apologizes for “the incident,” as he calls it.
He makes lots of references to his mom and his spiritual teachers and how he grew up in a home with domestic violence. Sorry, but it’s still too little, too late, for me. What about you? Keep reading »
- Jay-Z reportedly threatened to cancel his performance at the BET Awards if Chris Brown was allowed to pay tribute to Michael Jackson. [New York] — I wonder how Jay feels now that Rihanna wants to work on her “friendship” with Chris.
- Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick have released a photo of their week-old twin daughters. [Dlisted] — Son James Wilke doesn’t look too thrilled, though.
- Tameka “Tiny” Cottle, T.I.’s fiancee, and Antonia “Toya” Carter, Lil Wayne’s ex-wife, will star in the reality show “Tiny & Toya,” airing June 30. [AP] — Hot mess!
- Rihanna supposedly wants Chris Brown’s restraining order lifted so the two can “work on their friendship.” [Your Tango] — Rihanna’s dad doesn’t approve, and neither do we. [I'm not surprised at all by this. -- Annika]
- Em & Lo want to know — do you have good playdar? [Em & Lo]
- North Carolina schools are now paying teenage girls, to not get pregnant. The going rate is $365 a year, or $1 a day.[Lemon Drop] — Not sure if this is the best route to pregnancy-free teens, as I’d take sex over a dollar any day.
So is it good timing or good publicity? Just days after Chris Brown plead guilty to assaulting Rihanna, Cover Girl decided to rerun television and print ads featuring the Barbados Beauty. They pulled the ads in February after photos of Rihanna’s bruised face and blackened eye surfaced online. The ads feature a smiling Rihanna in a gold dress and fishnets asking viewers to “turn up the light in your eyes.” [Daily Mail U.K.] Keep reading »
On Monday, before his preliminary hearing even started, Chris Brown plead guilty to one count of felony assault. He won’t be sentenced until August 5, but according to the plea deal it looks like he’s going to be on probation for 5 years and will have to do 6 months of community service. Meaning, he’ll be scrubbing graffitti or picking up garbage on the side of the road for approximately 1,400 hours. The judge told Rihanna and Chris to stay at least 50 yards away from each other unless they are at an event, in which case their separation distance must be 10 yards. This goes both ways, so if Rihanna gets too close to Chris, she could get in trouble. But she already knows that getting close to Chris is a dangerous proposition. Keep reading »
- Chris Brown has accepted a plea deal, so he will have to serve 180 days in a labor domestic violence program and will have five years probation for felony assault. [Perez Hilton]
- Sienna Miller spent Father’s Day with Balthazar Getty on his yacht. [Dlisted] — No word on how his wife and children felt about that, but they were probably furious.
- Anna Faris is still engaged to Chris Pratt, despite reports that they married over the weekend in Hawaii. [OK! Magazine] — Reports? I don’t remember hearing anything about her since “The House Bunny” flopped.
The preliminary hearing for the Chris Brown and Rihanna drama will take place today in a Los Angeles courtroom, to determine whether there’s enough evidence for the case to go to trial. Contrary to what all you “Law & Order” fans think, there are not usually any big, jaw-dropping surprises in court. Everyone involved usually has a pretty good idea of what’s going to happen. So, to save you from all the suspense, here’s what to expect. Keep reading »
Do you swear to tell the truth, avoid neon colors, and not wear sunglasses as headbands, so help you God? In a courthouse, there is a legal oath as well as a fashion oath. Few people would repeat [Michael Jackson’s pajama-clad court appearance faux pas, but many overlook the less obvious style no-no’s in a courtroom. Whether you’re in the jury box, testifying, or, heaven forbid, the defendant, there are certain rules everyone should follow in front of the (fashion) judge. Keep reading »