Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State football coach, has been convicted of almost all of the child sex abuse charges leveled against him. He faces a minimum of 60 years in prison. You can read more here.
Tag Archives: child sexual abuse
- Sarah Palin was asked about Penn State’s Jerry Sandusky during an appearance on Greta Van Susteren’s show on Fox yesterday and said, “Hang him from the highest tree. I’ll bring the rope.” Greta then asked if Sarah might want the justice system to run its course first and Sarah replied, “Hang him from the highest tree and I’ll bring the rope if he is guilty of what is alleged.” [Politico]
- An anti-Kardashian petition on GoPetition.com is begging E! cancel “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.” Get a clue, people, E! is not going to cancel that cash cow! [The Wrap]
- NeNe Leakes is selling $150 T-shirts that say “I’m Very Rich Bitch!” No, there is no comma. For that much money, you’d think you’d get some proper grammar. [Essence] Keep reading »
Penn State Scandal: Jerry Sandusky’s Lawyer Impregnated A Teenager, Plus More B.S. From McQueary And Paterno!
- Earlier today, I posted the video from last night’s interview between NBC’s Bob Costas and accused child rapist Jerry Sandusky. What I didn’t point out then was that Sandusky’s lawyer, Joe Amendola, was also interviewed and said that not only does he believe his client is innocent, but that he would happily leave his own kids in his care. He also said that he believes they have figured out the identity of Victim 2 — i.e. the young boy graduate assistant coach Mike McCleary allegedly saw being anally raped by Sandusky in the Penn State locker room showers in 2002 — and implied that they would be able to produce witnesses who would contradict that the attack ever happened. He also said he believes that a number of the victims listed in the grand jury report will come forward and say that the attacks described against them never occurred. Wish in one hand, buddy… [Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Last night, Jerry Sandusky was interviewed by telephone by NBC’s Bob Costas on “Rock Center.” Sandusky, of course, is the former assistant football coach at Penn State who is accused child sexual abuse against eight alleged victims. When asked by Costas if he is a pedophile, Sandusky replied with a curt, “No.” But he did admit, ”I could say that I have done some of those things. I have horsed around with kids. I have showered after workouts. I have hugged them, and I have touched their legs without intent of sexual contact.” He also admitted to some wrongdoing, saying, “I shouldn’t have showered with those kids.” Keep reading »
- The Devil appeared on “Saturday Night Live”‘s “Weekend Update” and quit his job upon learning the details of the Penn State scandal. Because people who rape children (and people who protect child rapists!) are the kind of evil even the Devil wants nothing to do with. [Hulu]
- Did you know that Jerry Sandusky, the former assistant football coach who is accused of child sexual assault on eight minors, was released on a mere $100,000 unsecured bail? Which he doesn’t have to pay unless he fails to show up for a court hearing? And that, despite the prosecutor’s request, he doesn’t have to wear a leg monitor? Hmm, wonder if this gentle treatment has anything to do with the fact that the judge, Leslie Dutchcot, is a volunteer with The Second Mile? You know, the children’s charity that Sandusky set up and used as a way of meeting his victims. [Deadspin]
- A friend of mine — also the husband of one of my dearest friends and the father of my favorite honorary “niece” – owns a very popular swimming school for children in New York City. He has written a compelling blog post about what responsibility coaches hold both on and off the field (and in and out of the pool). [Cap And Goggles] Keep reading »