- The trailer for “The Dark Knight Rises,” the last Batman film featuring Christian Bale as the caped crusader, is here. [Huffington Post]
- Legos — for girls? Is that really necessary? [HLN]
- A writer for xoJane tried out something called a “Brazilian facial.” [xoJane]
- A new “Real Housewife” is headed to Orange County — and she’s got brown hair so we’ll actually be able to tell her apart from the rest of those dingbats! [People]
- Here are three things men really want — but may not tell you. [Uptown]
Keep reading »
Tag Archives: chaz bono
- Chaz Bono, Cher’s transgender son, says the “bitching and moaning” about him appearing on “Dancing With The Stars” is actually helping him. Chaz told the gay magazine The Advocate, “The more it makes me really want to do well. It’s the most motivating thing for me.” What a good attitude to have! [Advocate]
- Evangelical blogger Rachel Held Evans is spending an entire year following the Bible’s instructions for women. Here’s what she’s learned about “biblical womanhood.” [Slate]
- A 27-year-old on-duty police officer in Philadelphia has been accused of raping a woman inside his squad car. [Bossip]
- Thomas Beatie, AKA “the pregnant man,” is pissed that “Dancing With The Stars” cast Chaz Bono instead of him. Beatie told TMZ he reached out to “DWTS” casting a few months ago about appearing ,on the show but never heard back. It was announced yesterday that Bono, a transgender man, has been cast on the program, which has Beatie whining “Chaz Bono stole my thunder.” I guess he thinks there’s only room for one transgender person in Hollywood? [TMZ]
- Justin Bieber had a fender bender in a black Ferrari while driving around in California last night. Don’t worry, 12-year-old girls, he’s not hurt. [Celebuzz]
- Check out the pics from Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries not-so-private Italian honeymoon. [US Weekly]
- Meet the children of 9/11. [People]
“We had to really almost re-learn how to communicate and how to be around each other. Suddenly [things I used to say] didn’t mean the same thing to her. And so we really had to, you know, adjust our — how we did things and relearn how to be together.”
—Chaz Bono on his relationship with his partner, Jennifer Elia, post-transition. This is so fascinating to me. I really admire couples who manage to stay together through such intense life experiences. I’m really excited to see the documentary, “Becoming Chaz,” which aired earlier this week on OWN. Check out the trailer here. [iVillage] Keep reading »
You might expect movies to go straight from the uber-crunchy Sundance Film Festival to, say, the uber-crunchy Independent Film Channel (IFC). But one Sundance documentary of serious cultural import will go a more mainstream route: Oprah’s new network, OWN, will air the television premiere of “Becoming Chaz,” about Chaz Bono‘s gender reassignment surgery. Chaz, the transgender son of Cher and Sonny Bono, was born “Chastity.” But he realized his true self was male and has gone through the long process to make the physical and emotional transformation. (Luckily he has the support of his femme girlfriend of four years, Jennifer Elia.) “Becoming Chaz” debuts at Sundance on January 23 and should air on OWN in May. I’m super-happy that OWN is using its mainstream appeal to give transgendered men and women visibility (than, say, the catchphrase “hot tranny mess”). I’m hoping Cher speaks up in the documentary, too, even if it’s just to tell other parents of transgender kids that she, too, sometimes forgets not to call her son “her”! [After Ellen] Keep reading »
Cher still gets her pronouns confused when it comes to her female-to-male transgendered son, Chaz Bono. Regardless, Chaz made one of his first public appearances this week since having gender reassignment surgery, at the premiere of his mama’s new movie, “Burlesque.” With his girlfriend on his arm. [Los Angeles, 11/15/10] Keep reading »
“If I woke up tomorrow in a guy’s body, I would just kick and scream and cry and f**king rob a bank, because I cannot see myself as anything but who I am — a girl. I would not take it as well as Chaz has. I couldn’t imagine it. … She’s a very smart girl — boy! This is where I get into trouble. My pronouns are f**ked. I still don’t remember to call her ‘him.’”
— Burlesque star Cher on her daughter-turned-son, Chaz Bono, who had gender reassignment surgery and was legally granted permission to change his name and gender this past May. I’m sure a lot of parents like Cher are supportive of their kid’s decision to have a sex change, but find it hard to say “Chaz” instead of “Chastity.”
After the jump, find out what Cher has to say about Meryl Streep and aging gracefully: Keep reading »
This week, Chaz (nee Chastity) Bono was granted a petition for a legal gender and name change, making him officially a man. This awesome news for Chaz brought up an interesting question for us; let’s say you got the chance to actually be the opposite sex for a day — what would you do? After the jump, the 5 things I would do if I were a dude.. Tell us what you would do if you were the opposite sex for 24 hours — don’t want to leave our male Frisky readers out! — and I’ll post the best answers next week! Keep reading »
- Sam Ronson dumped Lindsay Lohan via text after a fight about Nicole Richie because Nicole reportedly told Sam not to bring Lindz to her party. [Dlisted] — Maybe Nicole should read this article.
- Jada Pinkett Smith tried to dispel rumors that she and Will are swingers, saying they’re freaky, but not that freaky. [Perez Hilton] — You know, when someone tries really hard to convince people that they have good sex with a particular person, I tend to think they’re not getting any at all from that person. I wonder when Jada is going to dispel the gay rumors about her and Will.
- A reality show about Chaz Bono’s sex change is a no-go. [E! Online]
- Madonna can officially snatch, er, adopt Malawian baby Mercy. Oh and guess what? Madonna isn’t even flying there herself to pick her up. [Dlisted] — With all the real orphans, and by that I mean orphans whose parents are dead, why didn’t Madonna adopt one of them? I’m so over the adopted baby accessory.
- Kendra Wilkinson says if the baby is a boy he will be named after his father, but if it’s a girl, they still haven’t decided between Arianna and Kianna. [Perez Hilton] — How boring! Or am I getting used to off the wall Hollywood baby names?