Plaid is the preferred fabric of lumberjacks, Catholic school students, and hipsters, and it enjoys such a diverse range of fans for good reason: it can be dressed up or dressed down, and is available in infinite color combinations. Whether they’re wearing plaid to the grocery store or fashion week, celebs can’t seem to get enough of it either. Click through to check out 15 stars–from Channing Tatum to Taylor Swift–rocking plaid pieces…
Tag Archives: channing tatum
For those of you who are worried about how I’m taking the news that, once again, People magazine is naming someone besides Ryan Gosling as the “Sexiest Man Alive,” do not fret. I am alright. After all, I firmly believe that, for the second year in a row, Gosling actually rejected the title when it was offered to him. People would not be that stupid, you guys. Of course he was their pick last year and this year (and probably every year after). He just doesn’t want it. Come on now. Have some faith. This year I’m just happy that People‘s second choice is actually worthy of the title. (Bradley Cooper was a bust, let’s face it.) The magazine will reportedly be bestowing that honor upon Channing Tatum, my backup dream celebrity boyfriend. He is not above accepting such honors. While I love that the Gos is a little bit of a snot, the thing I really like about Channing is that he’s a bit lowbrow, you know? Ryan’s trash is Channing’s treasure and what not. Yin and yang. Anyway, now you know how I feel about this, so you can go back to worrying about more important things, like the fate of our country and stuff. [Gossip Cop]
Listen, I know the holiday movie season still lies ahead, but I am confident in saying that no other film will come close to the astounding cinematic spectacle of “Magic Mike,” hands down my favorite movie of the year. And I’m even more sure that no other Blu-ray/DVD will get as many plays either — thanks to the “too hot for theaters” additional dance sequences, my rewind button will be putting in overtime. Loved “Magic Mike” or still dying to see it? Well, surprise, surprise, three lucky readers will win a copy of the “Magic Mike” Blu-Ray/DVD and a Channing Tatum autographed trading card. Hot.
How To Enter: Click here to subscribe to our enewsletters. Each subscription is a chance to win! Already a subscriber? No worries, you are already entered in the sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on 11/01/2012. Winners will be notified via subscription email address. See Official Rules here.
Happy “Magic Mike” Day everyone! Hollywood’s most important movie since “Citizen Kane” is out on DVD and Blu-Ray today, which means thousands of women across the country will be blowing off their previously scheduled plans in order to spend some alone time with the boys at the Xquisite. And to think this movie might not have happened if Channing Tatum, the movie’s star and one of the producers, hadn’t spent his pre-fame days shaking his moneymaker on stage as an exotic dancer. “Magic Mike” was loosely based on Channing’s own experiences as an upstart on the stripping scene, which explains why he was oh so very good in all those sexy dance sequences (the Blu-Ray, BTW, has additional material that was too hot for theaters). Eventually, the ability to bump and grind scored Channing a role in “Step Up” and the rest has been history — but clearly his roots have continued to be an influence. And we’re all the better for it…
Click on to see what some other stars did before they were famous — I can’t promise anything as shirtless, unfortunately…
After seeing Jay-Z perform with wife Beyonce this weekend, I had two thoughts: 1) They can never break up, and 2) If the music industry has Jay and Beyonce as their modern power couple, who does Young Hollywood have? Who is the 2012 version of Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart? I mean, Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman, not to mention Amy Poehler and Will Arnett, have split — which famous pair is poised to take the super couple reigns and hold on for dear life? The obvious choice would be Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, but I think we can all agree they are swimming in rough waters right now and can’t really be expected to do the job.
With that in mind, I decided to anoint the new guard of up-and-coming Hollywood super couples, celebs who are great alone but even stronger together. Keep reading »
Channing Tatum must be some kind of time traveler, because he seems to put out more hot movies than the rest of Hollywood combined. This year alone he’s already headlined three of Hollywood’s biggest surprise hits, “The Vow,” “21 Jump Street” and “Magic Mike.” So he’s probably ready for a well earned vacation, right?
Nah, of course not. Instead, he’s got a brand new trailer for yet another movie coming out this fall, “10 Years.” Read more…
- Be still, my heart! Channing Tatum purchased a “brothel-style pub” in New Orleans called Saints and Sinners, which he is doin’ up “Magic Mike”-style with an all-male revue. Frisky field trip, anyone? Amelia is already booking her flight. [In Touch]
- Robert Pattinson is not, in fact, hiding out at Reese Witherspoon’s house. I would like to think he’s been laying in bed next to Kristen Stewart this entire time, reading Perez Hilton headlines and cracking up. [Celebrity Gossip]
- Looove this: 15 ways to flip the bird! [Modern Man]
- H&M’s home decor line is coming to the U.S. in early 2013! [Racked] Keep reading »
You know I’ve got it bad for a particular dude celebrity when I come across a bunch of boring paparazzi photos of him and still feel a
moral vaginal obligation to post one. In this case, that celebrity is Channing Tatum and the boring photo is him in a pair of sweat shorts, pointing at something. This does, however, give me the opportunity to tell you that I finally saw “Step Up” this weekend and OH MY GOD IT IS FANTASTIC. Whenever I really like a movie, I find myself spending an hour or two after the film is over researching the subject matter, which means I was up until 2 a.m. “researching” Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan’s relationship. They met on the set of “Step Up,” fell in love, and got married in 2006. They’re still so in love that they still make out in public, like at the airport. Anyway, my research led me to YouTube where I found this amazing fan made video dedicated to all the romantic things Channing has said about love, Jenna, and their relationship (see it after the jump!). And then I checked my recent OK Cupid messages, drank a bunch of cherry compote cocktails, and cried. [Photo: INFDaily] Keep reading »
Yesterday, Winona IM’d me with a question of utmost importance: “What’s the difference between Kellan Lutz and Channing Tatum?” My head just about exploded. “OH MY GOD SO MUCH EVERYTHING!!!!” my fingers typed with ferocity. Then I decided the differences (and few similarities) could be best depicted in Venn diagram form. So here you go, Winona. Any questions?
- “Magic Mike” co-stars Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer supposedly “had a fight” while filming and now “Channing doesn’t want anything to do with Alex,” a source tells Page Six. Tatum supposedly refused to do an Entertainment Weekly photoshoot if Pettyfer was involved, although reps claim Pettyfer simply wasn’t in the photoshoot because of scheduling conflict. Now, now, boys. Come on. Don’t fight over me! [NY Post, Socialite Life]
- Tom Cruise is threatening to sue The National Enquirer over a story claiming he punished Katie Holmes for disobeying him, yelled at her, and behaved like a “monster.” Cruise’s lawyer called the story “disgraceful and lurid.” [The Celebrity Cafe]
- Courtney Love is being sued by ex-assistant Jessica LaBrie for allegedly refusing her a paycheck when LaBrie refused to hire a computer hacker to forge some legal documents. Oh Courtney, Courtney, Courtney. [Tabloid Prodigy]
- Maroon 5′s Adam Levine has a new lady: 23-year-old Victoria’s Secret model Behati Prinsloo. [PopCrush]
- Can your ovaries handle a photo of Jason Segel holding hands as he walks around NYC with girlfriend Michelle Williams’ daughter Matilda? Thought not. [People] Keep reading »