Uh, unless my eyes deceive me, Zoe Saldana’s new husband, Marco Perego, has a portrait of her face tattooed on his arm. God, I hope for his sake that this relaysh lasts. Face tattoos are much harder to remove or alter than, say, names. There will be no easy, “Wino Forever” solution if these two split up. [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
Tag Archives: celeb tattoos
- … and I guarantee you’ll think long and hard about getting any ink of your own. [Celebuzz]
- Laurie Anderson, widow of late rocker Lou Reed, penned a beautiful tribute to her husband in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. Check it out and bring the Kleenex. [Rolling Stone]
- Grumpy Cat went to Disneyland and hated every second of it. Can someone just please let that cat have some peace? [E! Online]
- Jennifer Aniston joins the list of Hollywood stars who’ve recently chopped off their hair — except she had to crop hers into a short bob because her locks were ruined by a Brazilian straightening treatment. [The Stir] Keep reading »
- Rihanna got a henna-inspired tattoo all over her hand and wrist this weekend in a grueling 11-hour tat session with artist Bang Bang McCurdy. However, as The Gloss notes, some South Asian bloggers have criticized non-Indians for getting henna tattoos as cultural appropriation. Generally, I would be inclined to agree with them, although I think something as permanent as a tattoo is more of a “tribute” than a temporary appropriation. I would be curious to read in the comments what any Indian readers of The Frisky think. [E! Online, The Gloss]
- Pink sounded off on Twitter after she was bashed for letting her two-year-old ride a motorbike with husband Carey Hart. I don’t see what the big deal is. Is it extremely safe? No, but neither is speeding on the highway. I’m sure a professional motorbike rider like Hart is an excellent driver, especially with such precious cargo. [People] Keep reading »
This week Tori Spelling tweeted: “O-M-G … My husband @Deanracer just surprised me w/ hottest ‘Tori’ tattoo in an unbelievably intimate spot I’m blown away!”
Of course, she didn’t show us a picture of this intimate tattoo, but based on the other bad “Tori” tattoo on his elbow, we can only guess that Dean got her beloved pet chicken Coco inked on his taint. I’m sure we’ll see a Twitpic or Vine video of it soon enough … whether we want to or not.
Here are some more celebs who got intimate tattoos. [US Weekly]
Radiohead! What a great band, amiright? But so great that Thom Yorke’s face is worthy of being permanently inked across your chest, with one nipple for an eyeball? OK Computer was awesome, but not that awesome. And really, don’t get me started on that nipple eye. I’m disturbed. [Stereogum]
Somehow, Thom’s adoring fan is not at all alone in the way he has shown his devotion. Many, many others have made the highly questionable decision to ink a permanent and highly realistic rendering of their favorite celebrity as a way of visually declaring, “I am ______ biggest fan ever.” Here are but a few of the most distressing …
Friday afternoons are a little crazy here at The Frisky. In addition to finishing that day’s worth of posts, we’re also busy writing and scheduling content in advance for the weekend, as we don’t want to go completely dark on Saturdays and Sundays, but don’t have the resources for a weekend blogger. We figure you guys are pretty busy on the weekends, what with sleeping in, staying out late, hanging out with friends and catching up on your reading and TV watching, so we keep our posts those days pretty simple. That was basically what I was going for last weekend, when I posted a photo of the actor Norman Reedus (Daryl Dixon on “The Walking Dead”) shot by Terry Richardson. While noting the actor’s obvious sex appeal, I had a little laugh at the fact that he had his first name tattooed above his nipple. “Shouldn’t such prime real estate go to tattooing someone else’s name?” I crowed, and then went on my way. Keep reading »
UPDATE : Read my official apology to Norman — and check out my “Sorry Norman” fake tit tattoo — here.
Update: Yeah, so, I’m an asshole. Apparently, “Norman” is also the actor’s dad’s name. For some reason this literally didn’t occur to me as a possibility. Add it to my ever growing list of airhead moments. And as I recently lost my own dad, for whom I’ve considered inking a tribute, I feel especially face-palm-y about this gaffe. I’m sorry, Norman.
I love me some Norman Reedus, aka Southern-redneck-turned-sensitive-heartthrob Daryl Dixon on “The Walking Dead,” but damn if I didn’t legit LOL when I saw this photo shot by Terry Richardson. Homie has his own name tattooed above his nipple. Shouldn’t such prime real estate go to tattooing someone else’s name? Still sexy though. [Terry Richardson]
Jared Leto told Twitter that when he hits 1 million twitter followers, he would get a tattoo. Well he did. And he did. He got this giant tattoo on his back. I’m still not convinced this isn’t a joke. But here it is. The photo was posted on his Instagram account and E! Online picked up the story. When the hell did Twitter get this important? Read more…
After Scarlett Johansson debuted her new tattoo, Amelia and I both didn’t get it. We had an in-depth conversation about it, where we came to the realization that the reasons we didn’t like it were: A) it was exactly the kind of tattoo we expected Scarjo to get (the same way we expected her to release a Tom Waits cover album) and B) something about it seemed like she was trying too hard to demonstrate her street cred (the same way her Tom Waits cover album did).
We say this as two tattooed women who both have Chinese character tattoos we’re embarrassed of. I have two other tattoos, which I love because they have deep meaning to me. Maybe “Lucky You” has deep meaning to Scarjo, who knows? That’s not important. What’s important is this: Scarjo and her “Lucky You” tattoo inspired a much longer reverie about other celebrity tattoos we are expecting to see any day now. When they come true, just remember, we called it first.