- Hairstylist Chris McMillan has confessed he was stoned when he gave Jennifer Anistaon her iconic “Rachel” haircut back in 1994. But don’t worry, he’s been sober for 14 years now. [WWD]
- The Kardashians have lost a name dispute over their beauty brand, Khroma, to Kroma Makeup. Their company will henceforth be called Kardashian Beauty. [NYmag.com]
- Shenae Grimes is hitched! The “90210″ star married — in a gorgeous black wedding gown! — model musician Josh Beech today in London. [People]
- A 10-year-old boy may have been forced to lick his desk clean by his teacher after he was caught doodling on his desk. What. The. Fuck. [The Root]
- Ack, they’ve finally cast the character of Augustus Waters in the movie adaption of John Green’s The Fault In Our Stars! Augustus will be played by 19-year-old Ansel Elgort, who also stars in the upcoming “Carrie” remake. He’s cute! Yay! [Entertainment Weekly] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: celeb hair
We don’t know if it’s a case of teen angst or a latent desire to follow in mom’s (former) footsteps, but Madonna‘s 16-year-old daughter Lourdes Leon is a certified badass in the making. The teenager has shirked her famous mother’s strict, borderline puritanical upbringing in favor of cigarettes, piercings, handsome show-biz boyfriends, and now… green hair! Lola was spotted out in her hometown of New York City over the weekend showing off her new verdigris locks, and I have to say, I’m kind of into it. In fact, I had green hair myself when I was 16! So yeah, consider me 100 percent on board with Lourdes’s new look.
Jennifer Lawrence just cut her long locks into a very ’70s-inspired shoulder-length bob. She looks good — she’s Jennifer Lawrence, don’t forget — but shoulder length hair can be hard to pull off.
I should know — I’m in the throes of growing out my pixie cut and practically want to weep in frustration. My hair is really thick and has a tendency to do a little upturned flip when it hits my shoulders, which gives my hair an unwanted wacky edge.
In any case, take a look at these nine stellar celeb haircuts, which all work to varying degrees. And vote for your favorite in our poll after the jump… Keep reading »
Lest you think Bradley Cooper’s curly-cue new ‘do is a wig, I draw your attention to the inset photo of Cooper with curlers in his hair from just a few weeks ago. Ladies and gentleman, this is commitment to your craft. Somewhere, Justin Timberlake is having a total flashback moment. [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
When I initially saw the photo on the left on a paparazzi site, I was like, “Awww, which famous person is generously donating their pubic hair to the charity Merkins Of Love?” But then I saw the photo on the right and realized that Bruno Mars just got a haircut and stuck the clippings in a ziplock baggie for safe keeping. Kind of a bummer — I liked his “puff’ (his words, not mine). [Photos: Bauer-Griffin]
Do blondes really have more fun? In the case of Daenarys “Khaleesi” Targaryen, “Game of Thrones”‘ Mother of Dragons, it’s tough to say. What we do know, though, is that Emilia Clarke, who plays Khaleesi, is currently appearing on Broadway as Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, which necessitated that she wear her hair in its natural dark brown glory. Thankfully, the stark white Khaleesi look is actually a wig, so Clarke’s hair is relatively undamaged. Not so for many of the other celebs on this list, who’ve transformed themselves from brunette to bottled white blondes with the help of a healthy heaping of bleach. Take a look, and tell us whether you like the white blonde look, or prefer their darker tresses.
Quick! Can you identify which sexy male actor, who typically has a lush head-full of hair, is rocking a greasy-looking combover hair piece for a movie role? Answer after the jump! Keep reading »
It was tough to pick any “worst dressed” contenders out of this year’s batch of beautiful Oscar gowns, and the hairstyles didn’t disappoint either. From romantic updos to retro curls, click through to check out five celebrity hairstyles we loved on the red carpet–and how to recreate them at home!
- Karl Lagerfeld talks some shit about Michelle Obama’s new bangs, because obviously. His most scathing insult was the implication that she looks like a news anchor. [The Gloss, Huffington Post]
- Willow Smith has dropped out of Jay-Z’s remake of “Annie” because she’s “outgrown the role,” whatever that means. [NYmag.com Vulture]
- Megan Mullally confirmed the “Party Down” movie is actually happening. [BuzzFeed]
- The world may soon be treated to a photograph of Arnold Schwarzenegger “in the throes of passion,” for some reason. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Connie Britton’s flawless waves. Anne Hathaway’s piece-y pixie cut. AnnaSophia Robb’s wild ringlets. Beyonce’s sleek top-knot. Hilary Duff’s straight, shiny locks. Do you love these signature celeb hairstyles as much as we do? If so, click through to find out how to get these looks for yourself, no team of high-paid stylists required…