- Actual headline on Us Weekly‘s web site: “Taylor Swift & Carrie Underwood ‘Hate Each Other’.” Oh, hello, catfight narrative that doesn’t affect male celebrities! [US Weekly]
- Christina Applegate is leaving “Up All Night” and may be replaced by Lisa Kudrow. Hmm, I wonder if those rumors that her hooking up with Will Arnett led to the tragic Arnett-Poehler split of 2011 were true. [NYMag.com]
- Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady’s baby daughter Vivian is as gosh darn adorable as you would expect. [Styleite] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: catfight
- “What To Expecting When You’re Expecting” co-stars Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez addressed rumors that they hate each other on Ellen DeGeneres’ show (airing today). “They always want women to be cat fighting,” Diaz said. “They are always pitting women against each other. Are the men all sword fighting? That doesn’t happen.” [Daily Mail UK]
- Find out why John Mayer is getting Botox injections. [PopCrush]
- An American University student walked across the stage to get her diploma at graduation — and ended up getting a proposal! [The FW]
- Tyra Banks says she was “too heavy” at age 17 to ever make it as a model today. [US Weekly]
- This dude got “pejazzled” — that’s bedazzling on his penis — and lived to blog about it. [Buzzfeed]
- A new blind item is totally implying that Liam Hemsworth is tiring of Miley Cyrus’ getting-photographed-not-wearing-any-panties stunts and wants to bail. [Crushable] Keep reading »
Bristol Palin isn’t done making catty observations about Meghan McCain. First, in her memoir, Not Afraid Of Life, she wrote Meghan was always complaining. Some of that is only fair, I suppose, after Meghan’s swipes at Sarah Palin in her own book. However, last night Bristol stopped by Fox News to bare her claws once again — this time to make Meghan look like a rich bitch elitist and a dilettante opportunist. “I just want to note that her dad is a politician and my mom is a politician, but that never defined me,” she tells Sean Hannity. “I do stuff for myself.” BRISTOL. PLEASE. Does she seriously think she’d be raking in the big bucks as an abstinence-only speaker, foxtrotting on “Dancing With The Stars,” or publishing a friggin’ memoir at age 20 if her mother was not Sarah Palin? Keep reading »
“SHE CAN GO TO HELL: Says woman ‘made up’ rape for money.”
That was the cover story headline on The New York Post on Sunday morning.
The woman who can go to hell? The 29-year-old fashion executive who accused an NYPD officer of raping her when she was blackout drunk one night in 2008. The woman damning her? Julia Moreno, the accused cop’s wife, who swears his innocence. Keep reading »
When I read that our blogger friends at Jezebel.com started a PayPal account for a “college fund” to help Catelynn and Tyler, the teens who gave their daughter up for adoption on “16 and Pregnant,” my heart melted a little bit. “Catelynn and Tyler have won us over, exhibiting strength and maturity in the face of hardship, and they’ve expressed a desire to continue their schooling,” wrote blogger Tracie Egan Morrissey. “So we’ve decided to raise some cash for their college education.” Who doesn’t watch those kids’ awful parents — Tyler’s dad, Butch, who is in and out of prison; Catelynn’s mom, who is nasty to Catelynn for not keeping her baby — without wanting to get them outta there? Anyone whose left their own family drama behind them knows it takes a certain amount of money for a young person to extricate himself or herself from their parents. I don’t know how much they’re paid by MTV to appear on “Teen Mom.” So, hell, if Jezebel wants to help these kids out some more, show me where I can donate.
But my colleague Julie couldn’t disagree more. Julie’s also a “16 & Pregnant”/”Teen Mom” fan and her soft spot for Catelynn and Tyler is just as big as mine. But she questions Jezebel.com’s motives for starting a PayPal college fund in the first place. Not to mention the fact that they’re just doing it for Catelynn and Tyler—not the others on the show.
As a teenager on “The Osbournes,” Kelly Osbourne was outspoken, opinionated and fat — and really comfortable in her own skin. I remember reading her cover article in winter 2003′s Bust magazine called “Kelly Osbourne: Independent Spirit” and thinking she was pretty awesome. In the years since Kelly’s reality TV show debut, she’s been on drugs, then quit drugs, gained a fiancé, and then lost a fiancé. She competed on “Dancing with the Stars” and now she’s on E!’s “Fashion Police” with Joan Rivers. In the middle of all this, Kelly lost a ton of weight. “I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict,” she told Us Weekly last February. “I will never understand that.”
Kelly and her “new” body were recently on the cover of Shape magazine and she bragged to Us Weekly about how it was an “incredible experience” because “I have never worn a bikini in my life before yesterday.” The Frisky posted about it and yesterday almost 300 people found their way to The Frisky site searching for “kelly osbourne bikini.”
Know who was rolling her eyes at all this? Me. You know who thought I was being too harsh? Amelia. Naturally, we had nothing better to do with our time than to hash it out over IM. Bare your claws, ladies, because it’s time for a catfight! Keep reading »