My, Miss Hannigan, how you have changed. Cameron Diaz tweeted a pic of herself in character for the “Annie” remake rocking big hoops, red lips and long, dark talons. IMHO, she’s a far cry from Carol Burnett’s boozy sultriness and bedraggled hairdo in the original movie and not necessarily in a good way. What do y’all think? [Twitter.com/CameronDiaz]
Tag Archives: cameron diaz
Today Cameron Diaz turns 41 — happy birthday C-Dawg! We’re not sure how we feel about her being cast as Miss Hanigan in the film remake of “Annie,” but we’ll always love her for her sperm-as-hair-gel turn in “Something About Mary.” To celebrate, we’ve got Cameron’s ten best looks. Take a peek through, and tell us which is your fave!
- Cameron Diaz has joined the cast of Jay-Z and Will Smith’s remake of “Annie” as the orphanage’s Miss Hannigan. Quvenzhane Wallis from “Beasts Of The Southern Wild” is starring as Annie herself! Thoughts on this casting? Amelia thinks it’s so wrong. [E! Online]
- Yesterday, Prince Jackson, the 16-year-old son of Michael Jackson, testified about his father’s death yesterday to a Los Angeles court. [AP]
- “Mean Girls” is now getting spun off into a new movie called “Mean Moms.” [Huffington Post]
- Five celebrities who got engaged after yesterday’s DOMA ruling. Wheee! [Queerty]
- Now Amanda Bynes is calling her older sister Jillian “ugly” on Twitter. Oh, Lord. [E! Online] Keep reading »
- The sex life of Cameron Diaz continues to be enviably exciting: Cam is dating Elon Musk, the CEO of Telsa Motors, makers of fancy expensive electric cars that normal people can’t afford. The South African billionaire supposedly met the actress when she bought a Tesla last year. He’s worth a cool $4.5 billion! Do you think Gwyneth Paltrow played cupid? [Page Six]
- Amanda Bynes and one of her wigs allegedly hit up a trampoline center in Buffalo, New York. I dunno, a tampoline doesn’t seem to me like a safe place for a wig. [TMZ]
- xoVain editors described themselves to a sketch artist …and it didn’t turn out like the Dove Real Beauty Sketches campaign. [xoVain]
- Beyoncé is supposedly “furious” H&M shrank her curves in their new bikini ads and viewed this downgrade of bootyliciousness as a “snubbing.” #BeyonceProblems [Page Six]
- What’s the story behind this T-Rex wedding photo? [The Today Show] Keep reading »
According to a “source” at The Sun, Gwyneth Paltrow has taken on the role of “life coach” for Cameron Diaz.
”Gwyneth’s sorted out everything from finances to hooking her up with her trainer. She has also forced her to swear off sex for a year, saying men distract her focus … ‘Gwyneth is a nurturer. Cameron is bummed about being single, so Gwyneth sees her as a project. She’s trying to set her up with guys!”
I know, I know, this probably isn’t true, but I died laughing imagining Gwyneth advising Cameron to stay celibate for a year. Awful advice. Unless, of course, that’s what Cameron wants. Personally, I’d want to kill a smug married friend who thought of me as her single “project” and instructed me not to have sex for a year. But that’s just me. [ONTD]
“I think every woman does want to be objectified. There’s a little part of you at all times that hopes to be somewhat objectified, and I think it’s healthy … [Photo shoots are] empowering. I’m not some young girl with the photographer going, ‘Will you take your clothes off?’ I’m like [mimes stripping], ‘How does this look?’ They’re like, ‘Today we’re not going to put anything other than bras and heels on you,’ and I’m like, ‘These heels are not high enough.’ I’m a woman, I know how to handle myself. I know what I feel comfortable doing and I know my sexuality.”
– Here’s Cameron Diaz in the UK’s Sunday Times making some … interesting … statements. I don’t disagree that some women do want to be objectified, some of the time, in certain settings. I’m okay being objectified by my lover in the bedroom, for example, when everyone knows what’s what. But I certainly don’t want to be objectified by catcallers on the street, or rapists, or sexist bosses, or other people in the position to harm me. And there’s probably a lot of women who don’t have “ideal” bodies — they’re obese, they’re disabled, whatever — who would just prefer to be treated respectfully by everyone for the first time instead of being “objectified.”
Maybe Diaz has been cosseted in the bubble of Hollywood for so long that she’s unaware that for the “regular” woman, sexuality is more than something a woman wields in a photoshoot and it’s not always empowering our lives for the better. It’s a little ignorant for Diaz to speak on behalf on all women … although I’m certainly happy for her that she feels this way. [Sunday Times UK via Dlisted]
This little Stella McCartney tank dress is so perfect on Cameron Diaz. It’s very simple in cut and silhouette, but it has a young, romantic prettiness to it that the “Gambit” actress doesn’t usually go for. The whole thing comes together when paired with ankle-strap pumps (and, um, maybe a new set of boobs, or just a really sick push-up bra), and Cam definitely has the legs to pull off the tricky knee-grazing length. Is it just me, though, or does she look so sideways? The leaning tower of Diaz?
It seems that Gwyneth Paltrow’s new BFF is Cameron Diaz. The two have recorded a painfully awkward rap video for Chelsea Lately and were recently spotted at dinner together. If the two are indeed as chummy as they seem, then Cam is the latest in a long line of rich, beautiful Hollywood A-Listers like Madonna, Beyonce, Winona Ryder, and Kate Hudson who have previously held the coveted title of Gwynnie’s BFF. So, how does one become BFF to an Academy Award-winning lifestyle guru? Well, obviously, the first step is to fill out an application…
To celebrate their good friend Chelsea Handler’s new studio, famous lady friends Gwyneth Paltrow and Cameron Diaz sent Chelsea a special (very, very special) video. A rap video. That they made. It is … terrible. [Buzzfeed]
It’s Cameron Diaz’s birthday today, so in honor of the “Something About Mary” star, we’ve decided to take a look back at some of her best sartorial moments. Love her or hate her, you have to admire her for snagging consistently hot younger dudes and kind of just doing what she wants. Also, Cameron is a rare actress that does casual-wear as well as she does formal occasions. So on the occasion of her 40th birthday (girl looks damn good), we salute you.