Oh, FEMEN. Whether you respect their antics or think they’re terribly offensive and annoying, you have to admit they’re good at publicity stunts! The topless feminist activist group’s latest hijinks? Going into a mosque in Stockholm, Sweden, while wearing burqas and then whipping off the veils to reveal their bare breasts underneath and political slogans written across their stomachs. Keep reading »
Tag Archives: breasts
There goes my excuse for the Freshmen 15. Only three to four percent of women actually gain weight on the birth control pill, according to Dr. Anne Burke, associate professor of gynecology at Johns Hopkins. The pounds you think you pack on from the pill could actually be from those cafeteria fries, or the six shots of whipped cream vodka, or … puberty. As the blog Her Campus reports, “Many girls begin taking the Pill at a time in their lives when weight gain happens naturally — during adolescence and while in college. So, if you gain weight while on the Pill, it’s important to look at different factors that could be causing you to gain weight.” Another birth control myth? Bigger tits! According to Dr. Burke this side effect is also “very rare.” Instead, nausea, headaches, mood changes, bleeding in between periods, and breast tenderness are the wonderful side effects that you’re more likely to experience on the pill. Lucky us. [Her Campus] [Photo of big breasts via Shutterstock]
New thing to be afraid of: exploding breast implants! The trauma is not unheard of, but the particular way in which one Beijing woman’s implants combusted just might be. After lying on her stomach for four hours playing a game called Dragon Summon on her phone, the woman experienced severe pain in her chest and went to the hospital. There she found out an implant had ruptured. This is very dangerous because the fluid can drain out into her body.
The implants were obviously of pretty questionable quality if they could not withstand the mere pressure of the woman’s body weight to which they were attached. Unfortunately, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last time that a person is injured from a leaking or ruptured implant. Here’s what we know:
- The African country of Tunisia put three activists from the topless feminist group FEMEN on trial for debauchery after they bared their breasts in the city’s capital in May. Their lawyers say the women were not behaving in a debauched manner in the deeply Islamic country because they were staging a political protest, not trying to sexually arouse anyone. [Huffington Post]
- Samantha Power, a former adviser to President Obama, will be named as the United States’ ambassador to the United Nations. Power is replacing Susan Rice, who will become Obama’s national security advisor. [Huffington Post]
- Hitched columnist Andrea Grimes on how Austin might become the first city in Texas to offer 30 days of paid parental leave to city employees. Note it is parental leave — it could be moms, dads, even same-sex couples. [RH Reality Check] Keep reading »
Cleavage, tribal feathers, hipster glasses — oh my! All of those things have gotten students in trouble at schools around the nation. Schools sure have gotten strict, some might say silly, with their rules about what students can and can’t do. Showing cleavage at prom? You know, prom, where everyone wears dresses? NOT OKAY. Wearing a Native American feather to honor your heritage during graduation? VERBOTEN! Glad to hear our nation’s educators are keeping the kiddies safe from boobies and diversity.
Here’s just a few examples of ridiculous bans on high school kids — most of them young women — around the country. After the jump, find out the stories behind these sordid tales.
Big boobs are a blessing and a curse … mostly a curse, or so I hear. Which is why this full-body pillow called ComfyBreasts is utterly intriguing. It’s a regular full-body pillow with a section cut out for the breasts to rest. A well-endowed lady can lie face down for sleep, massages or even chiropractor appointments without painfully squishing her goods. Fantastic right? Our resident busty girl Winona is already finagling a way to buy one, so she can take a really, really long nap. [InventorSpot]
Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon, who is totally not a perv or anything, spent 15 years studying women’s breasts, and in an up-close-and-personal way. His goal was to figure out what worked best for breasts, so he followed 330 women, measuring their breast size, shape and direction for more than a decade. His conclusion? “Medically, physiologically, anatomically” women don’t benefit from bras.
On the contrary, claims Rouillon, who is the main boob guy at University of Besançon in Besançon, France, women’s breasts just get saggier when they wear bras. But that’s only if you’re a certain kind of lady — you know, the kind with perky little tits to begin with. Rouillon admits, “It all depends on the structure of each breast. An overweight, 45-year-old woman with three kids has no business not wearing a bra.” Well, okay then. [Daily Mail; Gawker] [Breast photo from Shutterstock]
Your annual visit to the lady doctor isn’t necessarily the most pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Between the poking, prodding and your casual evasion of pointed questions like “How many drinks do you have a week?”, going to the the gynecologist is a necessary but not entirely awesome experience. I usually leave the gynecologist with a list of unanswered questions, and I always resolve this situation by taking to Google with a glass of wine, self-diagnosing through the mess of Yahoo! Answers forums and WebMD. It goes without saying that this never really works out for the best. This time, we’ve decided to do the work for you! We consulted the best of the best on the Internet to come up with answers to all those burning questions that feel a little too personal to ask your doctor. Keep reading »
Admit it, you’re a perv. That’s why you’ve clicked on this here slideshow, featuring all manner of boobs, nipples and vaginas from the latest runway shows. And yes, they’re all there — from the gauzy breasts at Alexis Mabille, to the blatant nip slips at Elie Saab. And we haven’t even begun talking about the full frontal nudity at the latest Pamela Hogg show.
But what’s that? You’re not even reading this because you want to get straight to the models? Fine, fine. Let the nudity and NSFW glory commence.
- I guess “feminism” now means tweeting pictures of your cleavage with the hashtag #KUboobs to support your college sports team? At least that’s how some
footballbasketball fans at the University of Kansas see it. Oh, fighting about “choice feminism”: will it ever get old? [Feministing]
- On the Supreme Court’s historic Roe vs. Wade decision at 40 and reproductive justice for black women. [Ms. Magazine]
- A Satmar Hadis who sexually abused an Orthodox Jewish tween girl in Brooklyn, while supposedly “counseling” her to be more religious, has been sentenced to 103 years in prison. [New York Times]
- Guess who’s to blame for gun violence? “Welfare moms,” duh, says this Republican. [Think Progress] Keep reading »