- Today “The View” hosts debated whether or not it was appropriate for Bill Maher to call Trig Palin, Sarah Palin’s son who has Down Syndrome, a “retard” during his stand-up set. [Mediaite]
- Jay-Z announced this weekend that he is putting out a new solo record in July called Magna Carta And Holy Grail — and find out why will Samsung users will score the record for free ahead of everyone else. [USA Today]
- Leyla Ghobadi, the Canadian model who recently claimed that Kanye cheated on Kim Kardashian with her, has retracted her statement. Just in time for baby Kimye! [Huffington Post]
- A far cry from Barney on “How I Met Your Mother,” Neil Patrick Harris will play an “East-German transgender pop star” in the first ever Broadway production of “Hedwig and the Angry Inch.” [Flavorwire] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: bill maher
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck from “The View” and Bill Maher from “Real Time” are both supreme annoying human beings. So, naturally, watching them fight makes us cringe — but we can’t look away! At one point Elisabeth says, “Wow, I actually feel smarter sitting next to you,” and Bill replies, “Really? I feel like I’m in high school when I’m sitting next to you.” Really? Really. [Dlisted]
- Interesting theory alert: Kris Jenner confesses in her memoir that she had an affair 26 years ago. Khloe Kardashian (who doesn’t exactly resemble her sisters) is 27 years old. Could it be that Khloe is a sister from another daddy? Scandalous! [Celebitchy]
- Justin Timberlake says Ryan Gosling exaggerated the story about sleeping on JT’s couch back when they were on “The Mickey Mouse Club” together: The Gos got his own bed. Whew. [ONTD]
- Stephen Colbert takes on the vodka-soaked tampon craze/urban legend. [The Stir]
Keep reading »
Dude. Stop what you’re doing. Put headphones on. Bill Maher and Jane Lynch‘s dramatic reading of sexts between Rep. Anthony Weiner and a Vegas blackjack dealer named Lisa are amazing. The language is rated-R and the anatomical imagery conjured is, shall we say, vivid, so this video is definitely not safe for work … or for lunch. [Mediaite] Keep reading »
- Comedian Bill Maher, who fancies himself “edgy” or something, called Sarah Palin a “dumb tw*t” on Friday night’s episode of “Real Time With Bill Maher.” Because, you know, he’s edgy! The National Organization for Women swiftly responded with a rolling-their-eyes statement. “Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don’t like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs,” said Lisa Bennett, NOW’s communications director, in a statement. “If you think someone’s an idiot or a danger to the country, feel free to say so, but try to keep their sex out of it. Sexist insults have an impact on all women.” [Examiner]
- Breestfeeding women are perceived as less competent, according to a study out of Oxford University. Oh, joy, more bias against mothers! But what about breestfeeding four-year-old girls? [Miller-McCune]
- Three transgender people have filed a lawsuit against the City of New York and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene claiming that the requirement that they undergo several sex change surgeries before they can legally change their gender on their birth certificate is prohibitive. (Some transgender people, for example, take hormone therapy but cannot afford/choose not to have the actual sex change surgery performed.) [Raw Story]
When did conservative female political candidates who make bombastic statements become so chic? First there was Sarah Palin, then Michele Bachmann, and now Tea Party candidate Christine O’Donnell is the toast of Delaware’s Senate race. For the love of vaginas, Victoria Woodhull, Shirley Chisholm and Geraldine Ferraro did not smash through the glass ceiling so that their successors could clog up the 24/7 news cycle with their anti-sex, anti-woman views.
Frankly, Christine O’Donnell’s declaration on the MTV series “Sex In the ’90s” that masturbation is a sin is all the crazy I need to know to make my assessment about her. But in case you and your lustful heart want to give O’Donnell a chance, here are five things to know about her. And you know you want to know how Mel Gibson is involved. Keep reading »
- Ugh. Obnoxious comments from “Hardball”‘s Chris Matthews and “Real Time”‘s Bill Maher, who were discussing Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann on TV. Matthews said, “They showed up together looking — well, they’re attractive ladies.” And then Maher added: “I think you’re right. You hit on something there. They’re attractive, especially to the Republican Party which is not known as the party that does really well with the opposite sex. Usually they’re doughy white men. I think they look on Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin as, you know, MILFs … and I agree. They’re morons I’d like to forget.” Hey, guys? It’s still sexist — and unprofessional — when liberals say it.
- Constance McMillen, the Mississippi high school student who was now allowed to attend prom with her girlfriend because she is a lesbian, will be grand marshal of New York City’s famous gay pride parade on June 27. (I’d rather go to prom, but, hey, it’s still cool.) [New York Times]
Brad Pitt stopped by the set of “Real Time” Friday night and chatted with Bill Maher about his pro-gay marriage, pro-pot, and anti-religion stance. “What is it you don’t like about religion?” Maher asked.
“You know, I grew up in a religious family, in a religious community and it just doesn’t make sense to me. It just doesn’t work for me in the long run,” Pitt said. “I never wanted to step on anyone else’s religion and their beliefs — that’s what’s great about our country — until I started seeing it defining policy. … Like gay marriage, you have a group of people telling other people how to live their lives, and you can’t do that.” Keep reading »