- Benedict Cumberbatch has suddenly decided to share that he was KIDNAPPED back in 2005 while shooting a miniseries in South Africa. Don’t worry, Cumberbitches, he clearly made it out alive. [The Stir]
- Not only is Dakota Johnson’s boyfriend Jordan Masterson a Scientologist, as I suspected, but he is also estranged from his father, who disconnected from the church nine years ago. SHADY! [Your Tango]
- This is the cover of Britney Spears’ new single, “Work Bitch.” This bitch is relieved to see Britney working, actually. New album ASAP please! [Celebuzz]
- Beyonce and Jay Z supposedly spent $30K on booze during their five-day Mediterranean vacation last week because they are my heroes. [Evil Beet Gossip] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: benedict cumberbatch
Just when I thought my raging crush on Benedict Cumberbatch couldn’t get any more intense, he goes and gets ordained in order to officiate the wedding of his friends Seth and Rob. The happy couple sealed the deal at a gorgeous cliffside hotel in Ibiza, Spain, with
Sherlock Khan Reverend Benedict pronouncing them legally married. Sigh. Perfect human specimen. [Buzzfeed]
It was bound to happen, wasn’t it? Between his adorable little face and cabbage patch-esque last name, I’m actually surprised it took this long for someone to create Benedict Cabbagepatch, the Benedict Cumberbatch Cabbage Patch Kid. This one is wearing Benedict’s trademark “Sherlock” outfit; see a photo of Cabbage Patch Khan after the jump! [The Frogman] Keep reading »
“I used to expose myself in front of religious places. I was a very hot, bored boy and was surrounded by people who were older than me who were goading me. So when they got bored or the football went through a stain-glassed window — not to be returned — they’d always get me to do pranks. So one day they said, ‘Go on, go on, go on. Pull your pants down!’ Of course I did. I obliged willingly, no pun intended.”
–”Star Trek” star Benedict Cumberbatch tells the UK’s Mirror about some of the more risque pranks of his youth, like whipping out Little Benedict in front of churches. The article also includes harrowing stories of how Cumberbatch narrowly escaped death in a South African carjacking and a disastrous backpacking trip in Nepal, but honestly I’m much more intrigued with this flashing business. Benedict, you saucy minx! [Dlisted]
Much fuss has been made about the lack of female representation in the new movie “Star Trek Into Darkness.” While I adored the movie — and Winona and I both think that it’s kind of a chick flick — I completely agree that there should have been more women in the movie and that the ones in the film should have been given more to do. (Thankfully, the various “Star Trek” series have taught us plenty of feminist lessons over the years.) One of the scenes that has bothered a lot of feminist fans of the series is the one in which Alice Eve’s character, Carol Marcus, appears in just a bra and panties for seemingly no reason but to titillate. J.J. Abrams responded to the hullabaloo on “Conan” last night, by debuting a deleted scene from the film in which Benedict Cumberbatch’s character is seen showering. Droooooool. More — real!!! — wet ‘n’ wild sexy mole rat action, please! [Conan]
In honor of “Star Trek Into Darkness,” which opens TO-FUCKING-DAY, I had planned on devoting this entire week to the series. STAR TREK WEEK, I was calling it, because I am creative. And then I got strep throat and was basically comatose in bed from Monday through Wednesday, returning yesterday to work quietly from my sickbed. Star Trek Week was ruined. OR WAS IT? See, having a week devoted to “Star Trek” on The Frisky is maybe a little odd, a little self-indulgent, but the bonus is that I can basically have it anytime I want, so Star Trek Week will go on next week, a week late, because like Jean Luc Picard, I am the Captain of this ship and I WILL MAKE IT SO.
In the meantime, “Star Trek Into Darkness” still opens TO-FUCKING-DAY, and while I already posted a spoiler-free review of the film, allow me to further encourage you to see it with these 10 sligggghtly spoiler-y hints about the film’s plot. And if that’s not enough for you, they are accompanied by GIFs of Benedict Cumberbatch, aka the World’s Sexiest Mole Rat, who plays the villain John Harrison in the film. Swoon. Keep reading »
The costumes look great. Some of them were very cumbersome and heavy, but some were very snug. You can almost see what religion I am.
Rrrrow! I’ll bet they look great, Benedict Cumberbatch. Of course, this joke actually means nothing because circumcision isn’t so religiously based anymore, but we thank him kindly for the visual. It sounds like the wardrobe for this movie is the men’s version of the Hervé Léger bandage dress. [io9]
Okay, Enough Messing Around, JJ Abrams — Who Is Benedict Cumberbatch Playing In “Star Trek Into Darkness”?
“Star Trek Into Darkness,” JJ Abrams second “Star Trek” reboot film, isn’t in theaters until next May, but details on the films plot are slowly being leaked to the press. However, the biggest question remains: which villain is Benedict Cumberbatch playing? Producer/writer Roberto Orci had said that Cumberbatch would be playing someone well known from the “Star Trek” canon (i.e. not a new character created for the film). When I posted the teaser trailer for the film last week, I parsed the two most popular theories: that Cumberbatch is playing either Khan (the villain at the center of “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan”) or Gary Mitchell, a character that appeared in an episode of the original series.
Well, this week, the filmmakers released this new image from the film, with Cumberbatch’s character identified as “John Harrison.” Who the fuck is that? (Warning: there are some spoilers after the jump!) Keep reading »
- Be still my beating nerd heart — the next film in the “Star Trek” reboot series from JJ Abrams, “Star Trek Into Darkness,” has finally got a synopsis, lending many a clue as to which villain Benedict Cumberbatch will be playing. Will it be the long-rumored Khan? Or someone a little more obscure? [The Mary Sue]
- What is the zombies from “The Walking Dead” were armed with light sabers? [The FW]
- I’ve never noticed this, maybe because I ALWAYS tell the truth, but apparently your nose heats up when you’re lying. Find out why… [Newser]
- So those new “Star Wars” movies that everyone has been talking about? They may turn out to be spinoffs not sequels, which sounds way more exciting to me. Can Boba Fett finally get his own movie please? [Next Movie]
- Yum, a Princess Leia cupcake sounds like it probably has extra frosting for the buns. [theBERRY]
“I can’t just get anyone pregnant, it has got to be the right person … To find the right person? Oh well, there’s always a way isn’t there –and I don’t mean the internet … I mean there are always moments and meetings and chance encounters. But to make meaningful relationships is very hard at the moment. Also, I was in a very, very long relationship all through my 20′s and early 30′s [with "The Thick of It" actress Olivia Poulet], so I know about looking for the right one, I guess. And it’s tough, it’s tough.”
–Benedict Cumberbatch talks about wanting a family in an interview with the Telegraph. I don’t know, Cumberbatch. Leaving it to chance is kind of a cop out. Oh well, I guess he’s not on OKCupid like I was hoping. His loss. I’m sure there are lots of ladies online who would be happy to be impregnated by Sherlock Holmes. We can prepare to swoon over him some more in the new BBC/HBO series “Parade’s End.” [Telegraph]