After months of amassing NYC residents’ flavor preferences on a special website, Ben & Jerry’s has launched its new ice cream flavor, Borough Brew. And the flavor of New York City is (drumroll please): Six Point Brewery beer, 3BEANS vanilla ice cream, butterscotch from Spoonable Caramels, brownies from Greyston Bakery and caramel corn from Liddabit Sweets. Should they have waited just a couple more weeks to start getting our input on our favorite tastes, there’s no doubt there would have been some Cronuts mixed in there, even though most New Yorkers haven’t had the good fortune to taste one yet. Borough Brew, while delicious sounding, missed out on so many native New York flavor profiles. In my estimation, these other flavors would have been just as accurate a representation… Keep reading »
Tag Archives: ben and jerrys
Let this be a lesson to the porn industry: make hardcore films that spoof Ben & Jerry’s ice cream flavors, and the outcome won’t be so sweet.
I got a good chuckle out of Caballero Video’s Ben & Jerry’s-inspired titles like “Hairy Garcia” “Boston Cream Thigh,” and “Peanut Butter D-Cup,” but the ice cream makers didn’t find them quite so amusing. Nor did they like the twisting of their “famous and distinctive” logo from “Vermont’s Finest” to “Porno’s Finest” or the the compromising positions those innocent, grazing cows were put in.
Ben & Jerry’s slapped Caballero Video with a big, old law suit yesterday, requesting profits from the films and unspecified damages for exploiting their wholesome brand and ripping off their logo. [NY Post]
- Is Ben & Jerry’s “Big Lebowski”-themed ice cream for real? [Buzzfeed]
- So, apparently that Miley Cyrus lingerie photo I posted yesterday was shot on the set of a 2010 music video. Which explains the hideous decor. [Crushable]
- Jane Pratt of xoJane is really upset about REM’s breakup. [xoJane]
- A handwringing parents’ group called One Million Moms is protesting Ben & Jerry’s new flavor Schweddy Balls, which is named after a classic “Saturday Night Live” skit starring Alec Baldwin, Molly Shannon, and Ana Gasteyer. One Million Moms, which is affiliated with the Christan group American Family Association, huffily said of Schweddy Balls: “The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive.” Repulsive! Now, now. I know fudge-covered rum balls aren’t for everyone, but let’s not get hysterical here. [Flavorwire]
- “The Playboy Club” vs. “Mad Men,” a side-by-side comparison. [NYMag.com]
- Robert Pattinson is recording an album that will supposedly sound like “stripped-down Ray LaMontagne meets Van Morrison.” A source says Robert is “tortured” because music is his first love, but he is forced by this cruel world to be a millionaire movie star heartthrob instead. [Us Weekly]
- Incase you missed it, Amelia’s boo — Ryan Gosling, obvs — was on “Conan” last night and revealed what goes on at Disneyland after dark. [Team Coco]
This has to be too good to be true: apparently, Ben & Jerry’s is working on developing an ice cream that contains anti-aging antioxidants. So now when you devour a pint of Chubby Hubby, you’ll think it’s OK because you’re helping out your skin. Except … really? This stuff is gonna be calorie-free, right? What? It’s not? (Fingers in ears.) We’re not listening! Can’t hear you! La la la la la! [Allure] Keep reading »
Ben & Jerry’s is showing their support for marriage equality by changing their iconic ice cream flavor “Chubby Hubby” to “Hubby Hubby” as of today. Sept. 1 is the first day gay couples can marry in the state of Vermont, where Ben & Jerry’s is based. The brand is celebrating the occasion by partnering with Freedom to Marry “to raise awareness about why marriage equality matters and encourage nationwide support for the freedom to marry.” Cool huh? [FreedomToMarry.org] Keep reading »