Aww! The Obamas are SO CUTE together! During last night’s ABC News interview, Barbara Walters got all nosy and asked them, “How do you keep the fire going?” The look on President Obama’s face and his awkward laugh told Babs all she needed to know about that.
Tag Archives: barbara walters
We can always count on Barbara Walters to redneckognize greatness. On the short list of her”Most Fascinating People” of 2012 is 7-year-old Alana Thompson, better known as Honey Boo Boo. Walters called her reality show, “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,” a loving story:
“The relationship between Alana and her mother — that’s the story, the two of them. It’s very touching … Honey Boo Boo is not an obnoxious little girl. She’s sweet and loving with her mother and loving with her sisters… And now Anna has a new baby, and the baby has [three] thumbs — but so what? It’ll make you smile.”
No mention of all the farting and burping, but we’re hoping Babs will get around to that during the sit-down interview, airing December 12 at 9:30 p.m. I suppose I should mention that other guest will include Hillary Clinton and Gabby Douglas.
- I guess Lindsay Lohan’s management didn’t think that Barbara Walters would give their client enough of a softball interview, because her “20/20″ interview was cancelled and an appearance on “The Tonight Show With Jay Leno” was booked instead. [US Weekly]
- Who’s the new mystery lady Jake Gyllenhaal has been spotted with? [Socialite Life]
- Justin Bieber wants Selena Gomez back, which he expertly communicated by going on a date with a Victoria’s Secret model (who, by the way, has a boyfriend already). [Gurl, PopCrush, Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- Lindsay Lohan cancelled her interview with Barbara Walters, realizing she probably is only going to make things worse. After mama Dina Lohan’s crash-and-burn on Dr. Phil’s talk show, this is probably LiLo’s wisest move. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- A “shocked” Mitt Romney had to “hastily” compose his concession speech. Um, was he not reading the same polls the rest of us were? [Newser]
- … and here’s an interesting piece on Mitt Romney’s Secret Service detail in the run-up to the election and how they suddenly disappeared once he lost. It’s actually kinda sad! [GQ]
- This chick went to a female masturbation class and lived to tell about it. [NYMag.com]
And now for seven words we never thought we’d hear from Barbara Walters: “Do you like it when he’s rough?”
The 82-year-old led a frank discussion about sex this morning on ”The View,” based on the erotically charged book 50 Shades of Grey and the new HBO show ”Girls.” Read more and watch the clip…
Poor Barbara Walters. I’m imagining what it must be like after a long, successful career, to have to humble herself to the likes of the cast of “Jersey Shore“for the “10 Most Fascinating People of 2010″ special last week. She called it a “first” for her, but we all know that is a diplomatic way of saying, “I’ve hit journalistic rock bottom.” I wonder how she felt about Snooki comparing her to Elvis and saying she was “hot” in person. Or about having to ask, “What is SMUSH?” As a side note, I was floored to learn that J-Woww owned a graphic design company before she was on the show. Is that secret code for a porn site? Anyhow, we’re sorry for you, Barbara. We’ll just pretend like it never happened. Keep reading »
“TISSUE PLEASE!” That’s Oprah — a rare one to raise her voice — at some lackey off-camera when she starts to cry during an interview with Barbara Walters. Babs had just asked Oprah about her super-duper-close friendship with Gayle King, which sent the tears a-flowin’. Said the big O:
“She’s the mother I never had. She is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.”
Rumor has it Barbara Walters is in talks to start a spin-off of “The View” aimed towards men, starring a cast of both men and women. It hopes to air during the time slot soon-to-be vacated by Oprah. The D-list talent rounded up so far includes Bryant Gumbel as moderator; comedian Alec Mapa, who played Suzuki St. Pierre on “Ugly Betty”; BET news anchor Jacque Reid; and former Fox News host E.D. Hill. According to The New York Daily News, “[the show] will attempt to inject a male perspective into the topics of the day.” Um, that’s called nearly all of nighttime news/chat TV already. Allow me to introduce to you Larry King, David Letterman, Brian Williams, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Jay Leno, Sean Hannity, Alan Colmes, Conan O’Brien, Shephard Smith … Keep reading »
“I don’t know who Snooki is.”
Wait, I voted for this man?
When President Barack Obama visited “The View” this morning, people living in red states and blue states alike crowded around the TV for the big event. In between cute anecdotes about Sasha and Malia and softball questions about Lindsay Lohan’s jail sentence, he fielded questions about Afghanistan, unemployment, racism, and the economy. And yes, the show’s token conservative, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, behaved herself. Keep reading »