Baby’s first yacht vacay! Jay-Z and Beyonce’s infant daughter Blue Ivy enjoyed her first sail on the high seas — okay, they were on the Mediterranean Sea off the South of France, but still. Tres tres chic!
Tag Archives: babyonce
I’m going to put aside being annoyed with Beyonce and Jay-Z for releasing photos of their daughter Blue Ivy after the work week has ended because bloggers never sleep. Because look at that face. Blue Ivy Carter is gorgeous. I love the fact that Jay and Beyonce did not sell photos of their newborn child, that they released them personally via a small Tumblr blog, thanking the public for respecting their privacy “during this beautiful time in our lives.” I love that Blue Ivy is simply swaddled in a blanket, not adorned with some ridiculous headband, and, in the rest of the photos that you’ll see as you click through, just basking in the love of her parents. Blue, in my opinion, looks just like Beyonce, but her eyes are all Jay. Maybe I’m hormonal, but I’m getting a little teary writing this. Yay, babies!
We knew Beyonce and Jay-Z’s baby Blue Ivy was going to be influential, but this just isn’t what we expected.
The week-old child is already racing up the Billboard charts with her cries audible on her dad’s song “Glory,” and she already has her own strain of marijuana named after her, reports TMZ.
According to the website, several weed dispensaries in Los Angeles are selling a new strain of pot called “OG Blue Ivy.” Of course, Beyonce and Jay-Z didn’t sign off on the new strain, but they don’t have a trademark on their daughter’s name and so far the stores haven’t received any sort of legal notice from the couple. Read more…
Beyoncé and Jay-Z did not register at Babies ‘R’ Us for Blue Ivy — they registered at Babies ‘R’ Fabulous! To go with the days-old, blessed cherub’s consortium of (what one can only assume are) freakum diapers, fans made of money, and pre-determined stage names like Blue Fierce and Blue Bérry, the new parents will also bestow on their spawn the following extravagant gifts, thePost reports:
1. “[A] solid-gold, handmade horse from Japanese jeweler Ginza Tanaka that Jay-Z bought for $600,000.” Read more…
The most amazing feeling I feel, words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real / Baby, I paint the sky blue, my greatest creation was you / The most beautiful-est thing in this world / is daddy’s little girl
New papa Jay-Z has released a track called “Glory (Featuring B.I.C.)” with two-day-old baby Blue Ivy Carter cooing and crying in the background. (Listen to the full song after the jump!) And if that’s not enough to make you cry, then listen to him sing about the couple’s miscarriage and how scared they were this time around: “We were afraid you’d disappear, but no, baby, you’re magic.” My eyes are wet with tears and dammit, it’s not even my kid. What an amazing baby gift for Jay-Z’s new little girl. Listen to the full song, after the jump! [Styleite] Keep reading »
- Increased security at the New York City hospital where Beyoncé delivered baby Blue Ivy Carter this weekend kept one new daddy from seeing his newborn twins. Neil Coulon of Brooklyn said bodyguards kept him from seeing his prematurely born babies in the neonatal unit and kicked his relatives out of the waiting room. [TMZ]
- A spoof video from “The Bachelor”‘s Ben Flajnik’s past has appeared on the internet. Called “Cream Dreams,” Ben sings about nocturnal emissions with lyrics like: ”Had to go to the doctor for having too many cream dreams. I said, ‘Doc, what’s the matter with me?’ He said, ‘I don’t know, but I’m going to write you a prescription for something.’ I looked at the note, and it said, ‘More females, baby!’ I’m having dreams of fine, fresh babies, coeds and teens, asleep in my bed, alone at night when I pull the covers up, and I hit the lights.” Um, ew. [Life & Style]
- Snooki tweeted this weekend that she wants to “rape” Lady Gaga. Keeping it classy as always. [Twitter.com/Snooki]
- Lady Antebellum’s Hillary Scott married Chris Tyrell of the band Love and Theft this weekend in upstate New York. The couple met as opening acts on Tim McGraw’s tour. [US Weekly] Keep reading »
It’s a girl! After weeks of speculation, Beyoncé gave birth last night, January 7th, at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City via C-section. Some media outlets have reported that the baby’s name is Ivy Blue Carter, but other sources — including the couple’s best friend forever, Gwyneth Paltrow — have confirmed that her name is actually Blue Ivy. So, what’s the deal with that name? Naturally, there is a significance! The Blueprint is, of course, Jay-Z’s classic album, while Ivy is believed to be a reference to the Roman numeral IV. 4 is the name of Beyonce’s most recent, and hugely popular, album, both Jay and Bey were born on the 4th, and the couple was married on the 4th. So there ya go. Blue Ivy, a girl that will no doubt run the world.
- Is Beyoncé giving birth today? Staff at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital in New York City have gabbed to the press that a “secret celebrity” booked the hospital’s labor and delivery suite today. I hope this is true! Her long and terrifying reign of walking around pregnant in six-inch heels need to end before I have a heart attack. [NYmag]
- Accused child molester and former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky and his wife Dottie are considering a public interview with Oprah, Barbara Walters, “60 Minutes,” or “Rock Center.” [TMZ]
- The rapper Heavy D died suddenly from a blod clot in the lung (AKA a pulmonary embolism), according to coroner’s office reports. [People]
- Kristen Wiig flew with her new boy toy, The Strokes’ drummer Fabrizio Moretti, but they weren’t seated next to each other. So Kristen offered to buy a bunch of booze for a woman who offered to switch seats — and actually did it at the end of the flight! It’s good to hear about a celebrity not acting like an asshole on an airplane for once. [Life & Style] Keep reading »
Back when Beyonce announced her pregnancy at the MTV VMAs at the end of August, the singer was said to be three months along, putting her due date towards the end of February. In the video I posted on Monday, Beyonce holds up that day’s newspaper dated for September 23 and says that she’s six months pregnant, making her further along in her pregnancy than initially suspected. Now the tabloids are crowing that Bey is due at Christmastime. Except that’s wrong too, because it’s based on the common misestimation (I’m guilty of this myself) that a pregnancy is nine months long, when it’s actually 10. If Beyonce was six months pregnant at the end of September, that means she was 24 weeks along, with another 16 weeks to go; that means Babyonce is due at the end of January. Then again, I’m pretty sure Beyonce and husband Jay-Z don’t really want any of us to know when she’s due and could be leaking the conflicting information themselves to throw us off the trail. Who knows? Maybe Babyonce won’t be chillin’ in her Swarovski crystal-encrusted basinet until April. Or maybe she popped out a month ago and is napping as we speak. Or maybe we should all stop playing armchair gynecologist and just wait and see. But send your gift soon, just incase. [WWTDD]
There’s nary a baby bump to be found in Beyonce’s epic “Countdown” video, but as we can see in this behind-the-scenes video, B was six months pregnant at the time of filming. I love the way she says, “Oh, baby!” over and over. So adorable. Is it weird that I’m so excited she and Jay-Z are spawning? Do I need to get a life? Maybe.