Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: arnold schwarzenegger
Yesterday, The Los Angeles Times gave us several details about the woman with whom Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered a child while he was married to Maria Shriver. We know that the child is more than 10-years-old since this all went down “over a decade ago.” We know that the mother worked for Arnold and Maria for 20 years and retired sometime in 2011. Gawker eked ahead in the race to identify this former Schwarzenegger staff member yesterday when they claimed she was Tammy Tousignant, a flight attendant on Arnold’s private jet for many years. (Could Arnold be a member of the Mile High Club?) Apparently, the Daily Mail UK broke this story … way back in 2003, before Arnold was voted into the California governor’s mansion. Reporter Mary Leigh wrote eight years ago:
“Schwarzenegger is facing new and damaging claims that he also cheated on Maria with a voluptuous California blonde named Tammy Baker Tousignant. Tammy was in her late 20s when Schwarzenegger first strode on to the chartered private plane on which she was flight attendant. He was instantly beguiled by her, and soon, according to several sources, they became romantically involved. ‘Everyone knew that she was Arnold’s lover—everyone,’ said a source.”
According to the story, three sources claim that Tammy bragged about her son, Tanner—who conveniently bares the name of Arnold’s character in “Total Recall” and is now in college and—being Arnold’s.
Buuuuut, there’s a problem. Keep reading »
- Meet the alleged child whom Arnold Schwarzenegger fathered out of wedlock, Tanner Tousignant, who graduated from high school in California last year. Tanner’s mother, Tammy Tousignant, was a stewardess on Arnold’s private jet for 20 years and friends and colleagues of hers say the pair carried on a romance for years. Both 19-year-old Tanner and Tammy deny Arnold’s paternity, although Gawker has compellingly connected the dots to indicate that might not be the truth. [Gawker]
- And here’s a timeline of Arnold’s sex scandal history, dating all the way back to the ’80s. Bleak. [Shine]
- If I don’t have anything nice to say about the jewelry collection Mondo Guerra from “Project Runway” has made, I won’t say anything at all. [The Cut]
We knew there had to be something that wasn’t being said when Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver announced last week that they were splitting after 25 years of marriage. Now, the Los Angeles Times brings us the truth—Arnold recently told Maria that he had an affair years ago with a member of their household staff. And, uh, that he fathered a baby with her. Presumably a baby Maria knew well since this was a longtime staff member. “After leaving the governor’s office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago,” Arnold explained. “I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.” Keep reading »
Perhaps the statute of limitations on opposites attracting runs out after 25 years? Today, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver announced that they are splitting up after 25 years of marriage. “This has been a time of great personal and professional transition for each of us,” a joint statement read. “After a great deal of thought, reflection, discussion, and prayer, we came to this decision together. At this time, we are living apart, while we work on the future of our relationship.”
So what happened? We’re not exactly sure. But seems like a perfect time to speculate, no? After the jump, nine theories on what went wrong. Keep reading »
- Did Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger mean to send a hidden message in a letter telling California legislators to f**k off? [F-Listed] — I doubt he’s that bright or clever.
- Sure, Halloween is for the kiddies. But it’s also a perfect excuse for adults to do a little role-playing, if ya know what we mean. Em & Lo explain how … [Em & Lo]
- Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green are apparently back on again because they went on the Los Angeles Haunted Hayride together. [E! Online] — Sadly, they weren’t snatched up by a netherworld ghastly ghoul, never to be heard from again.
California’s Kindergarten Cop has pumped up a decade-old law for fining paparazzi who illegally take photos or recordings. Now, in addition to the photographer, celebrities will be allowed to sue the outlets who buy and use the offensively obtained material. That might not strike most of us as an extreme measure, but lawsuits are daunting. They’re already a major expense for media outlets whose bread and butter is broadcasting private moments celebrities try to indulge in.
- California’s governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, cut all of the funding—$16.3 million in total—for domestic violence programs from the 2009-10 state budget. State Assembly members say many shelters rely on that funding for a substantial part of their support. [The San Bernadino Sun] — We understand CA’s in a budget crisis, but why are the neediest people shouldering the burden?
- The IUD is the best form of birth control, according to one health writer. It’s 99 percent effective, has a one-time cost for implantation, and requires no upkeep. [Slate] — Too bad they sound so retro.
- The horrifying gang rape of an eight-year-old Liberian girl in Phoenix by four adolescent boys has shed light on how sexual assault has been used in that African nation’s culture during the country’s civil war. It has also shown how Liberian culture still stigmatizes rape, because the girl’s family disowned her once they heard about the crime. A human rights researcher from Amnesty International, who spoke to CNN, speculated that the boys who raped her, who were all also Liberian, may have been exposed to sexual assault at some point in their young lives and had “normalized” it. [CNN] — It’s an awful story, but it’s not something we can ignore in a melting-pot country.
There’s an interesting story in the New York Times today about a happy household with widely different political views — their front yard sports signs for both John McCain and Barack Obama. You may have heard of them — California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger (a Republican) and his wife, Kennedy family member, Maria Shriver (a Democrat). “I think there are great benefits to having kids grow up understanding that we do not live in a one-party system,” Shriver said. “That there are two ways at looking at an issue. To be patient, and to compromise, those are good lessons not just in politics but for life. I grew up believing there was only one way to think. There isn’t.” A couple weeks ago, we decided to ask people on the street just how capable they would be of being with someone with different political views — their answers may surprise you. [NY Times] Keep reading »
With all of this Eliot Spitzer business going on, we started wondering, “If we were a high-priced prostitute, which governor would we want to do?” because, let’s face it, Eliot leaves something to be desired. So here are the five best-looking governors this country has to offer. Keep reading »