Last night, Angelina Jolie, Jessica Chastain and Viola Davis turned out for the 2011 New York Film Critics Circle Awards, the start of this year’s official “self-congratulatory awards season.” While Angie looked typically gothic gorgeous in black and white, and Chastain, who co-starred with Brad Pitt in “Tree of Life” missed the mark in a strange, shimmery opalescent dress that did nothing for her fair skin and red hair. The real sartorial star of the evening was Viola Davis, whose choppy bangs and one-shoulder pink cocktail dress really shone. [Getty Images]
Tag Archives: angelina jolie
This weekend, the 23rd Annual Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards Gala was held, honoring actors like Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Michelle Williams, Jessica Chastain, Octavia Spencer, and Glenn Close. But were their outfits as laudable? Let’s find out!
A video of Angelina Jolie at age 16 has surfaced online. Clad in a tiny orange bandeau, young Angie is just as you would expect her. She’s breathtakingly gorgeous, but she’s still just a kid — albeit a self-assured, inherently cool one. She rocks, gestures and stretches wildly in her chair as she explains her interests (and eccentricities). In addition to giving the 411 on her boxing and fencing classes, she details her growing sword collection — the building blocks for what she hopes will become her weapon room. We are not surprised by 16-year-old Angelina at all! [BuzzFeed]
I refuse to be shy about my love for Angelina Jolie. I’m adamantly not crazy about many, if not most, celebrities, so it’s a rare star that has me totally smitten. I think Angelina can do no wrong; I love her on drugs, off drugs, thin, emaciated, on the red carpet, off the red carpet, kissing her brother or kissing Brad Pitt. I generally keep it heterosexual, but Saint Angie in all her insouciant, black-clad glory is my conclusive girl-crush. Naturally, any time she’s doing publicity rounds for a new project, I’m all over it.
This time, it’s her own production In the Land of Blood and Honey that’s garnering press, and there’s been a mass influx of Brangelina appearances in honor of the film and its premiere. In the past week we’ve seen Angie on the cover of Newsweek and The Hollywood Reporter, shopping with Brad and the brood at FAO Schwarz, and posing with Mr. and Mrs. Pitt at the movie’s debut. She also covers the January issue of Marie Claire, and the accompanying photos and interview will definitely not disappoint. Check out a few choice quotes and pics, after the jump… [Celebitchy] Keep reading »
- Angelina Jolie is being sued by an author of a book about the Bosnian War who claims she stole his plot and characters for her forthcoming directorial debut, “In The Land of Blood and Honey.” James Braddock is a journalist and the author of The Soul Shattering, a novel about a forbidden love affair between a Bosnian and a Serb. Angelina has not commented on the lawsuit. [Gossip Cop]
- Jon Hamm and his GF Jennifer Westfeldt play Words With Friends every day. Swoon. [NYmag.com]
- Kim Richards from “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” has checked into rehab. On the last season finale, Kim was accused of being an alcoholic by her sister. [People]
- The 25 greatest Ryan Gosling moments of 2011. [GQ]
- “My So-Called Life”: where are they now? [Hello Giggles] Keep reading »
“I’m still a bad girl. I still have that side of me. It’s just in its place now. … It belongs to Brad.”
– Angelina Jolie‘s public image may have settled down, but she’s still got a wild side reserved for Brad Pitt’s eyes only. I find this sentiment super hot and romantic because it suggests that while Jolie has grown up and mellowed out, the part of her that was genuinely “bad” — and not just acting out for attention’s sake — is still alive and well. She just chooses reserves it for someone with whom she shares real, all-encompassing intimacy.
Angelina also says in this upcoming interview with “60 Minutes” (airing Sunday) that she lucky to have survived her younger, wilder days. More, after the jump! Keep reading »
At long last, the trailer for Angelina Jolie‘s hella controversial directorial/screenwriting debut, “The Land of Blood and Honey,” is here. Cast with a slew of unknown actors, the film follows the impossible romance of a Serbian man and a Boznian woman during Bosnia’s civil war (circa 1992-95). The two minute trailer features murder, persecution, sex, imprisonment and tears. A word to the wise not to catch this flick when feeling emotionally vulnerable. [ScreenRant] Keep reading »
Here at The Frisky, we love sluts. When did being in charge of your sexuality become a bad thing? The word first appeared in the English language in the early 1400s as “slutte,” with the meaning being a dirty or slovenly woman. Today, nothing about being a slut has to be off-putting, given the proper accoutrements (condoms, everybody, please!). In fact, having sex for pleasure can be an exercise in healthy living and sound mental health. Promiscuity, and the ability to separate sex and physicality from emotional dependency and attachment, is not something of which to be ashamed.
Let’s take some time to honor proud sluts throughout history!
As you can surmise from the outfit I wore yesterday, I love a good all-black look. I’m not ashamed to reveal that black is without a doubt the predominant color (neutral?) in my wardrobe. It is, of course, the consummate color (shade?) to wear — it’s chic, it slims, and it goes with anything and everything. Obviously I can’t be alone here. Celebs love it too!
Take, for example, the stunning Julia Restoin-Roitfeld. Julia is not only fashion royalty, but also a style standout in her own right. Not unlike her mother Carine Roitfeld (formerly of French Vogue), Julia is spotted in all black almost without fail, and she pulls it off with the aplomb of the insanely chic. Here she is brimming with swagger in the front row at Givenchy, rocking the hell out of one of her many monochromatic ensembles.