- Andy Cohen has a heart in there after all! The Bravo bigwig and “Watch What Happens Live!” star turned down an offer to host the 2013 Miss Universe pageant in Moscow due to Russia’s criminalization of homosexuality. Applause. [Eonline]
- Lisa Robin Kelly, the actress who played the Lori Foreman (Eric’s sister) on “That 70′s Show,” died last night at a rehab facility in California. Kelly had checked herself into rehab earlier this week. She was 43. [TMZ]
- Nooo! Laura Prepon is leaving “Orange Is The New Black” and taking those amazing eyebrows with her. [US Weekly]
- Prince William left his job as a search and rescue pilot to focus on his newborn. How lucky he is to have that option. [Daily Mail UK]
- Miss Teen USA Cassidy Wolf, 19, has been targeted in a “sextortion” case by someone claiming to have nude webcam photos of her. [People] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: andy cohen
I am so mad at Andy Cohen for not inviting me to be inside this Jessica Walter and Elisabeth Moss sandwich. “Arrested Development”? “Mad Men”? Booze? LIFE. Any challenges Elisabeth to a game of Plead The Fifth and, class act that she is, she had nothing to say about her costar’s famously well-endowed penis. I was kinda hoping she would plead the fifth, so she could use Jessica’s favorite Lucille Bluth line, “I don’t understand the question and I won’t respond to it.” [Bravo TV]
I guess it figures that the only time Bravo’s “Watch What Happens” had a discussion about radical feminism the two guests were:
- A “Real Housewife.”
- Camille Paglia.
Here’s Paglia on why the “Housewives” ladies should be celebrated for the “fabulosity of their sexual power.” After the jump, she continues to criticize second-wave feminism. Keep reading »
Saucy little minx Meryl Streep hit up “Watch What Happens Live” for a rousing game of Shun, Shag or Marry with her ex-costars. The options were Robert Redford, Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman. Personally I would have chosen Redford to shag and that offer will remain open until he’s dead. [Bravo TV]
“Call Me Maybe” is catchiest damn song of the summer, so it figures the Miss USA pageant did its very own cover. It is safe to say none of the contestants will take home the prize for lip synching, but there are a couple funny cameos by the hosts Bravo’s Andy Cohen and E!’s Giuliana Rancic. And (ick) Donald Trump, who owns the pageant (likely to scope out new wives).
By the way, Miss Rhode Island Olivia Culpo, a 20-year-old cellist, won the pageant. I’m not sure which one she is in the video … maybe one of the ones in bikinis? [YouTube]
Andy Cohen: [A commenter] wants to know what you think about the comparisons people have made between you and Adele.
Beth Ditto: I think we’re both fat.
– That’s the ineffable Beth Ditto, lead singer of the band Gossip, on Thursday night’s “Watch What Happens Live.” Ms. Ditto was so friggin’ charming as she fielded questions from Andy Cohen and shot the shit with him and Adam Lambert (who’s obviously had tons more media training and was way more bo-ring to watch). Beth, I would watch a whole cable access channel devoted primarily to you and your musings and your amazing fashions. And she’s right, there’s not really much the same about Beth and Adele; Beth seems way more fun at a party.
I can’t be the only one who watched the “The Nanny” growing up and wished my parents would magically morph into a wealthy, single Broadway producer on the Upper East Side who needed to hire a daffy, loud-mouthed woman from Flushing, Queens, to take care of me. She’s got style! She’s got flair! She was there! That’s how she became the nanny! So I am as bemused as I am horrified to watch Fran Drescher read aloud erotic “Nanny” fan fiction on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live.” No, Fran, no! As far as my childhood was concerned, Mr. Sheffield was completely asexual. [Perez Hilton]
- Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live” tried so hard to get Lil’ Kim to talk trash about Nicki Minaj. And she valiantly succeeds in not giving in until this snipe: “If you have to make a song called ‘Stupid Hoe’ then you must be a stupid hoe.” Come on, Lil’ Kim! Can we not catfight? Please? Stop egging Kim on, Andy Cohen! [Dlisted]
- Amanda Knox has sold her memoir to Harper Collins for $4 million. [New York Times]
- Cissy Houston — Whitney’s mom — wants Bobby Brown to eff the hell off and keep his paws off his ex-wife/her daughter’s estate. [PopCrush]
- Guess which celeb, at age 12, lost the lead role in “The Parent Trap” to Lindsay Lohan? No hard feelings, though. [Celebuzz]
- Ten things you probably didn’t know about “The Simpsons.” [The FW]
- Job interview tips from movies (which may or may not actually work). [Modern Man]
Keep reading »
- “Millionaire Matchmaker”‘s Patti Stanger pissed off the gays last night when she started yapping on Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live” about gay men and promiscuity. Apparently in Patti’s world, they’re allllll slutty queens. “There is no curbing the gay,” she told a male caller who asked a question about gay, open LDRs. “I’ve tried to curb you people and you just don’t … [trails off] I’ve decided to throw in the towel and say ‘do what you want.’” Later in the episode, she told a gay male caller that he looked straight and then said it was a compliment because he “wasn’t queen-y.” Even Andy Cohen was giving Patti major side-eye and that dude deals with the “Real Housewives.” [YouTube]
- In more “ugh, Bravo, you didn’t!” news, a tipster tells Radar Online that “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” has decided to air footage from Russell and Taylor Armstrong’s therapy sessions. Russell Armstrong committed suicide last month after a separation from his wife. [RadarOnline]
- Kyle Massey says the guy who screamed “your mother’s a whore!” at Bristol Palin — after she dismounted a mechanical bull — was possibly planted by TV producers for their reality show. Both the screamer, a Hollywood talent agent/douchebag named Stephen Hanks, and the TV producers claim the confrontation was “real.” Kyle is not so sure because there were lotsa TV cameras present. [Dlisted]
You may not know this about me, but I grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona. I don’t mention it often as I felt like a freak of nature there, where silicon and suntanning are a way of life … just not my way. However, I am tickled to hear the rumor that Andy Cohen and his minions were spotted in Scottsdale casting a new “Housewives” franchise for Bravo. Nothing is confirmed, but sources say that Alejandra Nash, soon-to-be-ex-wife of NBA star Steve Nash, has signed on. Apparently she cheated on him and it resulted in a pregnancy. I’m already excited. If such a show came true, it would make for most entertaining television. Trust me. [Perez Hilton] Keep reading »