- “Teen Mom”‘s Amber Portwood got out of prison today and is now subjected to random drug screening. The mom of four-year-old Leah is currently on parole after 16 months in jail for violating probation for drug possession. Here’s wishing her and her kiddo the best for her recovery! [US Weekly]
- Eddie Cibrian called rumors that he and LeAnn Rimes plan to split “absurd.” I know you were worried. [US Weekly]
- A “Full House” sequel could be in the works. Not sure how they’re going to make that happen unless they offer the Olsen twins a gazillion dollars per episode each. [Perez Hilton]
- RIP society: Kendall Jenner just turned 18 and the porno offers are rolling in. [TMZ] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: amber portwood
“Teen Mom” Amber Portwood made a hugely personal revelation this week: The reality tv star says she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder several years ago. Well, that does explain a lot, doesn’t it? The explosive bouts of rage, the suicidal tendencies. She’s been about as predictable as a volcano, and similarly destructive to everything in her path.
You’d think that since Portwood has known for some time why her moods are all over the place, things would have leveled off somewhat by now.
If you know what the problem is, you can treat it, right? Unfortunately, treatment of bipolar disorder isn’t that simple. Read more…
- “Teen Mom” Amber Portwood got into a drunken brawl with a stranger at an Anderson, Indiana IHOP back in November and the restaurant has sold the tape to Star magazine. There was “hair-pulling” and punches thrown. I want to make a joke, but Amber has long-since passed the point of being funny to just being sad. [Radar Online]
- Ex-Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean is holding a “death-themed” wedding, as you do. [TMZ]
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt took their six kiddos to the famous NYC toy store F.A.O. Schwartz yesterday. Please, please tell me there are cute pictures of little Shiloh dancing on the giant keyboard? [US Weekly] Keep reading »
“Teen Mom” was always real … but it just got real. Emergency personnel responded to Amber Portwood‘s house in Anderson, Indiana, on Tuesday morning after a call from Gary Shirley’s mother claimed the 21-year-old mother was depressed and threatening to kill herself. According to Star magazine, police arrived to find Portwood lying face-up on a couch with a rope “loosely knotted around her neck.” She was apparently fading in and out of consciousness and needed an oxygen mask to help stabilize her before she was taken to a local hospital. Amber Portwood’s life, as chronicled on MTV and in the tabs, has always been a hot mess — from her boy drama to her arrest for assaulting Gary Shirley, the father of her kid — and I’m sorry to see how it’s affecting her. Mental illness is not something that can be ignored in hopes that it just goes away. I hope Amber Portwood and MTV take this suicide attempt seriously and get her the help she needs.
And now for a trashy people update: “Teen Mom” Amber Portwood‘s car has been vandalized over an “affair” she is allegedly having with some guy named Midas. (Yes, vandalizing other people’s cars is still a thing people do, apparently.) According to Radar Online and the Daily Mail, Amber has “run off” with the boyfriend of another woman, causing her baby daddy Gary Shirley to weep into his Ed Hardy T-shirt. Who’s Amber banging now? Her neighbor, 25-year-old Midas Fields. I think we can all agree “Midas” is a badass name, right? Anyway, Midas’ girlfriend and baby mama caught the pair in flagrante delicto and chucked Midas from the house, allegedly causing Amber to yell, “I’m ridin’ your baby daddy!” Thatta girl, Amber! Shortly afterward over Easter weekend, Amber returned home to find her house egged and her Ford Taurus spray painted with “obscene language.” Ugh, girl-on-girl crime is so typical in these situations. Why isn’t it Midas that the baby mama is mad at? And why is Amber such a hot property after she beat up her boyfriend on national TV? Get a clue, people. Still, I like to think Jennifer Aniston relives the Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie showdown vicariously through these people. [Daily Mail UK] Keep reading »
- Lindsay — just Lindsay! Lindsay Lohan is officially dropping the “Lohan” from her name. Like, Oprah and Cher, Lindsay wants to be referred to by her first name only from now on. Lindsay it is! Her mother Dina tells PopEater that Dina and Ali will also be changing their names to Dina’s maiden name, Sullivan. Good job, Michael Lohan, now your family is even changing their names to get away from you! [PopEater]
- Prince William’s bachelor party — hosted by our fave firecrotch ever, Prince Harry — is set for this weekend at a private location and promises “plenty of booze and some legendary activities.” I bet, heh heh. Quick, ladies: now’s our chance to break up the engagement! [US Weekly]
- Chris Brown’s publicist quit after he broke a window in a dressing room at “Good Morning America” and stormed out of the studios with his shirt off. Good move, lady. Also, ABC apparently wants to try to get Chris and Rihanna to televise a meeting with each other, which sounds really sensitive, ethical and not at all profit-motivated. [Page Six, The Superficial]
- Happy 69th birthday, Aretha Franklin! May you have many, many more silly hats ahead of you. [Black Voices]
“Teen Mom” star Amber Portwood has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons lately. Most recently, she was arrested for domestic abuse, based on footage from the reality TV program that showed the young mother beating the crap out of her boyfriend, Gary Shirley. Now, rumor has it that she’s telling folks that Vivid Video is offering her half a million dollars to star in a porn movie. Vivid, which has put out most of the high-profile celebrity sex tapes of the last few years, has a long history of courting public spectacles for pornos. So what does Vivid say? “We can’t comment on any discussions that we may or may not be having with Amber.” We’re going to take that as a yes. [Hollywood Life] Keep reading »
In November, we reported that the ladies of “Teen Mom” make $60K to $65K per season, which comes out to about $5,000 per episode. We argued that this was chump change in comparison to the alleged $80K Lauren Conrad made per episode in her final days on “The Hills.” But apparently, our numbers may have been waaaay off. Amber Portwood was released from jail yesterday on charges of domestic violence and had to report to a judge. This judge supposedly ordered her to reveal her salary. She said $280,000! Which is about $215K more than we had thought. Keep reading »
I remember when gossip columns devoted space to Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck. Now we’ve got Amber Portwood, the young woman on “16 & Pregnant” and “Teen Mom” who Star magazine says is pregnant with her second baby. Amber is already the mother of a 2-year-old daughter, Leah, with ex-fiance Gary Shirley. Star says she’s dating a cage fighter named Clinton Yunker and “is hoping that the child is Shirley’s nonetheless.”
There’s no escaping the “Teen Mom” girls now. Just admit it: it’s dirt cheap for paparazzi to photograph them, so they are claiming tabloid domination. And while Catelynn and Tyler (who gave their kid up for adoption) are the couple who tug our heart strings, you couldn’t avoid Amber if you tried.
And that worries me. Keep reading »