“I’d love to get married again. I have to find a really rich woman so I can stay home and read books all day.”
Tag Archives: alec baldwin
By now you’ve probably heard the news that Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin will be co-hosting the Oscars on March 7, but have you heard who was considered for Baldwin’s role before he was? Apparently, the big guns were so impressed with the pairing of Steve Martin and Tina Fey as co-presenters earlier this year, they first approached Fey about hosting with Martin at the next ceremony. Oscar producer, Adam Shankman, tells EW.com:
“It was a really quick discussion and it was mostly about “do you think that could work?”‘ It wasn’t that she turned us down but her work schedule right in that time, she’s writing the last of her shows, and we realized then that it wouldn’t work. But they were so great on the show together (the Oscars last year) and he’d done “30 Rock.”
- Kelis claims estranged husband Nas has left her without support or money for pre-natal expenses, even though he’s filthy rich. [TMZ] — Hmm, maybe she should have considered the type of person he is before filing for divorce while pregnant.
- Carnie Wilson and husband Rob Bonfiglio welcomed a new baby girl last Friday. [Dlisted] — Isn’t it interesting that when she was in Wilson Phillips, the label tried to “hide” Carnie behind the skinny group members, and since then she has been more popular than them?
- Alec Baldwin says he was suicidal over the angry voicemail he left for his daughter, which was made public by ex-wife Kim Basinger. [People] — When will people realize they shouldn’t record things they don’t want others to hear or watch?
- After making less than PC remarks about Filipino women, Alec Baldwin has been deemed an “undesirable alien” by immigration commissioner Marcelino Libanan. [GMA News] — He’s not welcome in my home either.
- “Spider-Man 3″ actress Lucy Gordon was found dead in her apartment this morning. She was 28. [Daily Mail]
- What do you get when you mix Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan? A beautiful dude. [PopEater]
Remember when Alec Baldwin railed against his then-11-year-old daughter, Ireland, in that now infamous voicemail message? Well, he claims he was suffering from Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) and has written a memoir, A Promise to Ourselves, about his devastating divorce and child custody battle with Kim Basinger. But what exactly is PAS and why is it so controversial? Keep reading »
Last night Governor Sarah Palin, the Republican nominee for Vice-President, made not one, but two cameos on “Saturday Night Live”. I have to say, she was pretty funny! Although, if she and her handlers think all the talk of her hotness is sexist, is she contributing to the sexism by doing a skit where Alec Baldwin tells her she’s “way hotter in person”? Whatever, I laughed. Above, her first cameo (featuring special guests Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, AND Mark “Say Hi To Your Motha For Me” Wahlberg, and after the jump, the second, in which she thankfully does NOT rap. Keep reading »
Starring Kate Hudson, Dane Cook, Jason Biggs, Alec Baldwin
While the film “My Best Friend’s Girl” could be easily classified as a typical rom-com judging by the misleading commercials and cheesy poster, its filth factor actually pushes it into the “gross humor” category. And that is what made me love it even more. I cracked up the whole time, but I will forewarn you — Dane Cook haters should not pay the $11 bucks to see this film.
Oh, the ’90s. We were so oblivious, from Hammer pants to using “Baldwin” as a synonym for “babe” like Cher did in Clueless. But a decade later, “clueless” and Baldwin unfortunately seem more synonymous. With Daniel failing rehab, brother Alec, award-winning star of 30 Rock, knows he has bigger problems in his family than Stephen, the born again Christian, who has been openly denouncing gay marriage. (Um, no wonder Stephen doesnâ€™t work in Hollywood anymore.) In a recent interview with the The Advocate, super liberal Alec called his brother’s position ignorant, but added that people like him only help gay causes â€œraise moneyâ€ and awareness. Still, itâ€™s kind of a funny stance for Stephen, who is probably best remembered for his role in the controversial ’90s movie Threesome which featured a sex scene between him, a woman (Lara Flynn Boyle), and another man (’90s heartthrob Josh Charles). Letâ€™s be real here, Stephen, we all saw you grabbing that guy’s butt on film! So, if gay marriage really freaks you out, maybe it hits too close to home. Besides if it’s legal for ignoramuses, why shouldn’t it be legal for everyone? [Queerty] Keep reading »