- Uh oh. A group called the National Advertising Division has accused CoverGirl of Photoshopping Taylor Swift’s NatureLuxe Mousse Mascara ad to the high heavens, enhancing Swift’s lashes postproduction in a way that portrays the product inaccurately. Proctor & Gamble will reportedly discontinue using that particular campaign. It’s never good news when an ad campaign for makeup gets called out for excessive fakery! [Styleite]
- Debra Messing from “Will & Grace” has split from her husband of 10 years. [Us Weekly]
- Watch Connie Britton from “Friday Night Lights” grow increasingly concerned for Connie Britton on “American Horror Story. [NYMag.com]
- Snooki is being sued for $7 million for allegedly planning licensing deals with one company and then turning around to use the same concepts with a different company. Sigh. [The Stir]
- Who are five most manly men on television? [Think Progress] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: airbrushing
Surprise, surprise: basically all of the photos we see in the media today are Photoshopped in some way. Lighting is tweaked; blemishes, pores, and cellulite vanish; and wrinkles smooth into oblivion. But now two computer image specialists at Dartmouth College have developed a software program that can tell, say, feminist bloggers just how much an image has been altered. Keep reading »
Photoshop is usually used as a weapon of mass destruction on perfectly lovely and natural photographs of female stars — but even men have not escaped the wrath of an overeager art department dork with a mouse! Just look at poor Adam Levine in Vogue Russia! Either he had a few ribs removed or Photoshop is to blame for that waist. Keep clicking to see 12 other truly disastrous Photoshop fails inflicted upon male stars.
“I’m constantly telling girls all the time everything is airbrushed, everything is retouched to the point it’s not even asked. None of us look like that. … It’s a form of violence in the way that we look at women and the way we expect them to look and be for what sake? Not for health, survival, not for enjoyment of life, but just so you could look pretty.”
—Rosario Dawson talks body image and airbrushing in Shape magazine. She also said that she lost a lot of weight to play Mimi in “Rent” because her character was supposed to be a dope addict with AIDS. But instead of telling her she looked sick, the actress said she got tons of compliments. “I remember everyone asking what did you do to get so thin? You looked great,” she said. “I looked emaciated.” Oh, Rosario, I love you so. [CNN] Keep reading »
Though we logically know that the images we see in magazines have been airbrushed and retouched beyond recognition, it’s still hard not to compare ourselves to the glossy, fresh and smooth faces and bodies we see. Which is why it’s healthy to take a glance at photographer Scott Trindle’s photos of models in their natural state. From top left, clockwise, Raquel Zimmerman, Natalia Vodianova, Jessica Clarke and Kristy Hume show their brave and makeup-free faces to the world. [Styileite] Keep reading »
Obviously, Urban Outfitters is an affordable trendsetting retailer, but did you know they are also MAGICIANS? Photoshop Disasters came across this image on Urban’s website in which the model dons Silence & Noise’s Ikat Dress whilst hovering. That is some David Blaine s**t right there. But seriously, Urban, I would have thought that dress was pretty damn cute even without the magical powers. Break out the bag of tricks for your more hideous offerings next time, ‘kay? [Photoshop Disasters via Styleite] Keep reading »
Photoshop is out of control, people. These days, y’all should just assume any model’s thighs are twice as thick as they appear. That’s why I’m loving these completely unretouched ads from the beauty line Make Up For Ever. In fact, these pics have even been certified by a notary! Each of the models is naturally gorgeous and had her makeup professionally applied, of course. But I still love any and all proof that women can look this ah-maz-ing without airbrushing.
Check out another one of Make Up For Ever’s airbrushing-free images, after the jump: Keep reading »
I dunno about you ladies, but when my inner thighs touch, I feel, like, totally disgusting. Frankly, if you can’t toss at least a softball through them at all times, it’s diet time, amIright?! As for this Victoria’s Secret model, well, the way she’s been Photoshopped just makes me want to go bowling. [Victoria's Secret via The Gloss] Keep reading »