One of my favorite parts of the Celine Dion concert this weekend (besides ALL THE PARTS) was when Celine deviated from her usual song lineup and sang her own powerhouse version of Adele’s “Rolling in the Deep.” Apparently one of my fellow concertgoers was secretly recording it — click on the video to listen for yourself! [Perez Hilton]
Tag Archives: adele
[Amy Winehouse and I] spent a little time together and talked about [working together]. But, what little time we had, well, it was tense. She was in a bad state, God knows why. I think that the Adele thing had Amy freaked out. She liked her, but Adele’s success was making Amy feel upset, competitive, restless. Anyway, we lost touch briefly. And before she and I could really start the process of beginning a new album, it was too late.
–Mark Ronson reveals that Amy Winehouse, with whom he worked on her “Back To Black” album, was feeling really competitive and anxious about the success of another young, talented British female with a big voice: Adele.
“I don’t think Adele would deny that she was fat. And I bet she doesn’t. Karl Lagerfeld used to be fat himself, so you gotta think about that. He’s obviously not proud of that fact. I also think that people give him way too much power! He’s just an eccentric designer who makes amazing art but doesn’t always say the coolest shit. …
I doubt, and I hope, and I’m pretty confident, that [Adele] does not think about Karl Lagerfeld, ever. I bet that is the last thing on her mind at night. She’s falling asleep on her 85 Grammys and however many millions of albums she’s sold and however many millions of dollars that she has, and is just probably thinking, like, ‘You know what – all right!’”
– Leave it to Beth Ditto from The Gossip to be the voice of reason on Karl Lagerfeld, aka Uncle Karl, aka that old dude who designs for Chanel and seems to get away with saying all kinds of horrible things like calling Adele “a little too fat” and fashion groupies French-kiss his arse anyway. I co-sign everything she said. [London Evening Standard via Fashionista]
Alex Sturrock, a 31-year-old celebrity photographer, has been revealed by a UK magazine as the ex-boyfriend who allegedly inspired Adele’s latest album, 21. In fact, Alex Sturrock’s website features a whole gallery of photos of a young Adele, posing with props like a bulldog or a rose. A source told Heat:
“It was an intense period for them. They met through mutual friends and hit it off straight away. He shot her a few times and that was just it They spent all their time together – and when they weren’t together they would ring each other constantly.”
Previously everyone thought a chap named Slinky Sunbeam had inspired such hearbroken songs like “Someone Like You.” Put perhaps Adele was just trying to throw us off the scent? (Well, good, anyway, because that name is ridic.) Let’s find out some more about this Alex Sturrock character, shall we? Keep reading »
So it turns out that Sade — yes, Sade — was the highest-earning British music act in the United States last year, beating out even Adele. We figured you could use a pic of her whipping her hair in the wind. Why not?
So much happens in a week! It’s hard to keep it all straight. That’s why we’re keeping track for you, with our new helpful charticle, Totally Awesome, Totally Crap, which highlights the best and worst of the past seven days. This week: We’re loving Adele giving the middle finger at the Brit Awards. You do not cut off Adele. We’re also super stoked that “Community” — the best, most underrated show on TV — will officially be returning on March 15. Also getting the thumbs up: Zac Efron “accidentally” dropping a condom at the premiere of his new movie, “The Lorax.” Hooray for using protection! I am secretly hoping it’s because he’s boning the Lorax.
Totally sucky this week? Rihanna recording a song with ex-lover/beater/total shitbird Chris Brown. We’re also kind of disgusted that Bobby Brown is writing a tell-all. Too soon! Plus, what don’t we know about you after we watched you pull poop out of Whitney’s ass on your reality show? Beyond that — is there no such thing as deep, unabiding, trustful love anymore? Jessica Biel doesn’t think so, which is why she’s reportedly making Justin Timberlake sign a pre-nup that grants her at least $500,000 every time he cheats. True love is dead.
- I actually think this would be awesome: Adele has been offered $1.6 million by The Big and the Beautiful, a dating website for plus-size women and the men who love them. The Big and the Beautiful was started by “America’s Next Top Model Winner,” Whitney Thompson, who was the first-ever plus-size winner of the show. I’m fairly certainly Adele is going to say “no,” since she probably makes $1.6 million in her sleep at this point. But the idea doesn’t make me vom. [Life & Style]
- You know what does make me vom? Gross Howard Stern grilled Adam Levine about his “Voice” co-host Christina Aguilera’s weight. Ugh, he is such a sexist pig. Do you think Christina gets asked questions about Cee Lo’s weight?! [PopCrush]
- Do you like going to the mall? You’re in luck! “Hunger Games” cast members are pulling a Justin Bieber and traveling to malls around the country to promote the flick. [The FW]
- France has decided to ditch the word “mademoiselle,” which means “miss,” from official documents. I am quite certain I am going to have to listen to Le Boyfriend le complain about this. [TresSugar]
- Ten things you will never hear inside a Lululemon store. [Ecosalon] Keep reading »
Oh no they didn’t. At last night’s Brit Awards in London, Adele was midway through her “Album of the Year” acceptance speech when the hosts cut her off mid-sentence to announce the beginning of Blur’s super long performance. Adele, usually so sweet as pie, had a middle finger message for the suits upstairs. She’s even adorbs when she’s pissed off! Check out video after the jump and above, other starlets flippin’ the bird. Keep reading »
- Adele says the sex tape a French gossip rag Public claims to be in possession of is “100 percent false” and “untrue and grossly inflammatory.” She’s now taking legal action, which should make these Adele sex tape fakers shake in their boots, because that girl got paid. [Crushable]
- Longing to join the Mile High Club? You’re in luck! Flamingo Air, a private airline in Cincinnatti, Ohio, offers a $450, hour-long flight in a plane built for nookie. Chocolates and champagne are included. [Nerve]
- The do’s and don’ts of PDA. [Em & Lo]
- Why is Joan Rivers talking about Goldie Hawn’s orgasms? [Evil Beet Gossip] Keep reading »