Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: academy awards
- Did anyone notice that “The Artist”‘s Jean DuJardin dropped an F-bomb in French while accepting his Oscar for Best Actor? Meh. It’s an Oscar tradition. [Starpluse]
- Jennifer Lopez’s stylist denies she had a nip slip onstage while presenting with Cameron Diaz. Lies! I saw that runaway areola with my very own eyes. [Starpulse]
- Angelina Jolie’s show-offy leg already has its own Twitter feed. [Twitter.com/AngiesRightLeg]
- Uh, can we talk about Billy Crystal’s Sammy Davis, Jr. blackface. [Fox News]
- Meryl Streep is better than you. That’s all. [Meryl Streep Is Better Than You]
- Meanwhile, Adam Sandler has earned a record number of Razzies. [The FW]
- Rihanna is on the short list to play Whitney Houston in a biopic of the late singer’s life. [PopDust] Keep reading »
Aside from white, there wasn’t a big color trend on last night’s Oscars red carpet — but sparkle was definitely in. There was an abundance of sequins, with mixed results — Rose Byrne looked smashing, while Anna Faris stumbled. Click through to see what we mean…
By far, some of my favorite dresses at last night’s Oscars — Rooney Mara, Milla Jovovich, and Gwyneth Paltrow — were white. But they were anything but bridal. Click through to see the women who wore this trends.
So, real talk. Last night, Julie and I compared notes on the best and worst dressed at the Academy Awards. And we … well, we disagreed on quite a few. But one thing we did agree on was that, by and large, everyone look pretty damn good. So this time around, we’re not doing a worst dressed list. Coming up, we’ve got the women who rocked white and the ladies who went crazy for sequins, two big trends on the red carpet. The 28 ladies in this gallery wore an array of colors, cuts, and embellishments — who was your favorite?
Sacha Baron-Cohen walked the Academy Awards red carpet as “The Dictator.” And then this happened. I’m pretty over SBC, but I have to admit I enjoyed seeing Seacrest caught off guard.
If you’re watching the Oscars tonight, you’re going to get hungry. So why not eat a hot dog or three inspired by the Best Picture nominees? Each dog, specially crafted by the folks over at Serious Eats, conjures one of the Best Picture films. Loved “The Descendants” and pineapple? Then go for a Hawaiaan-themed grilled pineapple dog. A Francophile fan of “Midnight in Paris”? Try the Parisian dog with pâté, pork sausage, frisée and creamy dijon vinaigrette. Or just really loved “Tree of Life”? Then garnish your dog with spinach and mayonnaise. Click the link for full recipes — happy eating (and watching)! [Serious Eats]
The 2012 Oscars (or The 84th Annual Academy Awards if you’re scouring the DVR listings to find it) are tonight! You’ve probably already made your Oscar pool picks (or plan to root for that one movie you actually saw). But how does your choice for Best Picture reflect on you in the dating pool?
Here is a guide to this year’s nominees and what your Best Pic pick says about you…
There’s nothing stars love doing more than celebrating themselves and one another. And that’s why right now is prime celeb happiness time. It’s awards season, culminating this Sunday night with the Oscars, and famous folk have been out in full force at various celebratory parties and events hosted by Eva Longoria, Vanity Fair and the like. Still, just because there’s a reason for the season doesn’t mean that everyone’s got their sartorial ducks in a row. (We’re looking at you, Jessica Chastain). Click through to see who hit it, and who’s just a mess.