- Scarlett Johansson told Marie Claire that she finds porn enjoyable and productive, by which she probably means she gets a lot of masturbating done while watching it, I guess. [The Blemish]
- This man has been arrested not once, but TWICE, for having sex with inflatable pool toys. [Huffington Post]
- New parents in Germany will have the option of identifying their babies as intersex. [Newser]
- “Sexual Butter” starring Paula Deen and “Insane Clown Pussy” are just two of the all-time, worst ideas for adult films. [Cracked]
- Which came first, the Stim-U-Lax or the Pulscon Hand Crank? If you don’t know the answer, you probably need to review your vibrator history. [Betty Confidential]
- If only these “Star Wars” sex toys were real. [Em & Lo]
- Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchinson split up because she didn’t want to neglect her youth. At the ripe, old age of 19, I fear she might be too late. [Celebuzz] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: scarlett johansson
- Scarlett Johansson is engaged to boyfriend Romain Dauriac, a journalist, according to a People magazine source. Earlier this year, she said that marriage had “no relevance” to her anymore, following her divorce from Ryan Reynolds, but maybe she changed her mind because he’s a cutie. Félicitations! (As the French would say.) [People]
- The crew of Kris Jenner’s talk show “Kris,” which wasn’t picked up for a second season, “could not wait” for the end of the trial run because working with her was “unbearable.” [RadarOnline]
- Quiz time: Liz Phair lyric or disgruntled twentysomething girl? [The Hairpin]
- Former exotic dancer Lily Burana remembers working at the Lusty Lady, a unionized strip club in San Francisco that closed this weekend. [The Atlantic] Keep reading »
“Do I imagine myself having a full-on political career? That seems like a stretch. But who knows? I don’t limit the possibilities. If I have more time, I may be able to lend a bigger voice to politics. I never close the door on those kinds of things.”
– Harper’s Bazaar cover girl Scarlett Johansson opens up about the possibility of a political career in the magazine’s October issue. “I come from a politically active family,” she added. “To be an active member of the community, to be a responsible citizen and to engage politically have always been part of my awareness and part of my life.” Johansson campaigned vocally for Barack Obama last year and is reportedly in the running to play his one-time opponent, Hillary Rodham Clinton, in a big-screen biopic. Would you vote for her? [Daily Mail]
Scarlett Johansson & Jessica Chastain Among The Actresses Being Considered To Play Hillary Rodham Clinton
“Rodham” will follow former Secretary of State/Senator/first lady/gift to the world (though that last one isn’t former) Hillary Clinton during her early lawyering days, when she “finds herself forced to choose between a destined path to the White House and her unresolved feelings for Bill Clinton, her former boyfriend who now teaches law in Arkansas.” The movie already has a screenwriter and a director, and now The Independent has named a several actresses who are reportedly being considered for the title role.
In addition to Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Chastain, Reese Witherspoon and Amanda Seyfried are reportedly being considered. Read more on The Mary Sue…
“I got married when I was young and it was incredibly romantic and I liked being married, actually. But it is different. It’s hard to put into words. To me, being in a functioning relationship doesn’t mean you have to be married. I never think about marriage. Is that weird? The only time I ever think about it is when people ask me would I get married again. It’s really not important to me. It has no relevance to me right now.”
–Scarlett Johansson gives Elle UK an update on her current feelings about marriage, which, if I may say so, are definitely not weird. In fact, I feel quite similarly and wish more people would focus on building healthy relationships instead of rushing into marriage. Scarlett has been dating French journalist Romain Dauriac for the past couple months, while ex-husband Ryan Reynolds apparently never lost his enthusiasm for holy matrimony, and married Blake Lively a few months back. [The Today Show]
After Scarlett Johansson debuted her new tattoo, Amelia and I both didn’t get it. We had an in-depth conversation about it, where we came to the realization that the reasons we didn’t like it were: A) it was exactly the kind of tattoo we expected Scarjo to get (the same way we expected her to release a Tom Waits cover album) and B) something about it seemed like she was trying too hard to demonstrate her street cred (the same way her Tom Waits cover album did).
We say this as two tattooed women who both have Chinese character tattoos we’re embarrassed of. I have two other tattoos, which I love because they have deep meaning to me. Maybe “Lucky You” has deep meaning to Scarjo, who knows? That’s not important. What’s important is this: Scarjo and her “Lucky You” tattoo inspired a much longer reverie about other celebrity tattoos we are expecting to see any day now. When they come true, just remember, we called it first.
Scarlett Johansson already has at least one terrible tattoo — a colorful sun setting over water thing on her inside forearm — so I don’t know why I’m surprised that her new tattoo is equally as puzzling. (I have a bad tattoo of my own, and I know it, so I’m allowed to hate on other people’s bad tattoos. Just in case you were wondering, it’s in the rules.) The actress got a childishly doodled horseshoe with the word “Lucky You” inked on her ribcage by French tattoo artiste Fuzi Uvtpk. Uvtpk (no clue how you pronounce that, BTW) charges big bucks for his prison-style tattoos so I guess ScarJo got what she paid for. But like I said, I don’t get it. [The World's Best Ever]
- The latest Disney star to come under fire isn’t Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato — nope, it’s Minnie Mouse, who’s stirring up controversy over her gaunt appearance in this year’s Barneys holiday campaign. (At left: Minnie before her dramatic weight loss.) [Change.org]
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner have scored the gig of a lifetime: designing clothes for teens and tweens… in Canada! Yay! [Gossip Cop]
- Feeling a lack of jewelry lust in your life today? These Chanel baubles are the ultimate aphrodisiac. [Refinery29]
- To celebrate its 40th anniversary in November, W has released four special covers, each a tribute to one decade in the publication’s history, featuring Rooney Mara, Mia Wasikowska, Scarlett Johansson, and Keira Knightley. [Examiner] Keep reading »
You really can’t go wrong with a trench coat. It’s a classic style that looks just as fresh today as it did 50 years ago. I found 20 famous ladies rocking their trench coats with everything from designer dresses and Louboutins to skinny jeans and TOMS slip-ons. Click through to see 20 different celeb-approved ways to wear your trench this fall!