Celebs have huge budgets, savvy stylists, and access to the hottest designers in the world. But you know, sometimes you just can’t beat a plain white T-shirt. Click through to check out 10 celebs — from Rihanna to Jake Gyllenhaal — making this classic style their own!
Chris Brown has a new album coming out later this month, and he says that might be it for him in the music biz, reports the Huffington Post. “Don’t worry mainstream America,” he tweeted. “After this X album, it’ll probably my last album.” (Note the deft use of the “probably” qualifier while getting in a mention of the title.) Brown also tweeted to say he’s “tired of being famous for a mistake I made when i was 18,” referring to the Rihanna assault. In other Brown news, he turned himself in on hit-and-run charges and was released on his own recognizance, reports TMZ. Read more at Newser…
About 9-10 years ago, I went to Carnivale in Trinidad, dressed up in a sparkly bikini, and danced across a huge stage with thousands of other people as part of the country’s huge celebration. There was a phrase that was used for a certain style of popular dancing that basically involved grinding your butt in a circular motion — “whining on the boomsie,” they called it (boomsie is slang for butt, I guess). I imagine that is what is happening with Rihanna in the photo on the right. RiRi was in her native Barbados, all dressed up for the Kadooment Day Parade. She’s really lost in the music, huh? [Photos: Splash News]
- What do you think of her latest ‘do? [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa’s son Bash (short for Sebastian, natch) is soooo cute. [Stupid Celebrities]
- Is that an “O” face or an “Ow” face? [Your Tango]
- When Paris Hilton goes on vacation, she brings 19 suitcases with her. [The Stir] Continue reading
- UGH, THESE TWO. Chris Brown released the remix of the Mario song “Somebody Else” and reportedly used an Instagram photo of him and Rihanna canoodling … only now her face is crossed out with what looks like red marker or lipstick. Granted, the original source, MediaTakeOut, isn’t the most reliable of gossip blogs … but this also sounds like something Brown would do. [MediaTakeOut]
- More details on last night’s incident in which Amanda Bynes set a fire in a stranger’s driveway before she got locked up in a 5051 psychiatric hold. Reportedly, her dog had been burned! [TMZ]
- Everyone’s favorite incestuous V.C. Andrews novel Flowers In The Attic is getting made into a Lifetime movie: Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn are set to star. [The Wrap]
- A radio station canceled its “Taylor Swift’s Biggest Fan” contest after 4chan allegedly hacked the results so a 39-year-old man won. [ONTD]
- More castings for the movie version of “The Fault In Our Stars”: Nat Wolff is playing Issac and Laura Dern will join the cast as Hazel’s mother. Hazel will be played by Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort will play Augustus. [Entertainment Weekly, The Wrap] Continue reading
Rihanna certainly isn’t the first celebrity to sport dyed grey hair — Kelly Osbourne‘s got her beat on that one by a long shot — but she is the latest, and inarguably the most high-profile. RiRi’s past beauty ventures, from gravity-defying mohawks and shaved sides with long, side-swept bangs to her signature bold red lip color, have inspired countless copycats, so who’s to say her new “ice grey” shade, which she wasted no time in flaunting on Instagram, won’t take off just the same? I love a well-executed unnatural hair color, and I think Rihanna’s totally pulling this one off … but doesn’t she somehow pull everything off?