Zergnet: Simply Irresistible
Tag Archives: miley cyrus
- Say what you will about Miley Cyrus, but she’s pretty dedicated to promoting a realistic body image for young women and girls. Her latest battle? Denying she’s had a boob job. “Thank you for a compliment, but these babies are all mine!” Miley tweeted. “I wish [people would] realized you don’t have to be fake to be beautiful.” And in case someone still didn’t get it, Miley tweeted, “I’m 19! BOOBS GROW, PEOPLE!” [Us Weekly]
- Elizabeth Taylor’s jewelry sold at auction last night for a record-busting $115 million. [The Stir]
- Holiday gifts to bring when you’re meeting his family. [TresSugar]
- Kate Middleton’s Christmas at the palace is going to be horrible because she won’t be able to lie around in her pajamas all morning. I’m not being sarcastic here. That really does sound horrible. Poor dear. [Us Weekly]
This past weekend, celebrities gathered to honor regular folks who have made a difference in their local communities. The CNN Heroes Awards is an annual celebration of activists and advocates who’ve made a difference, and tons of famous faces turned out to acknowledge the award recipients, including Miley Cyrus, Sophia Vergara and Emma Roberts. But doing good and looking good don’t necessarily always go together. Click through to see whose style was heroic, and whose style could use a little help.
She’s just being Miley, y’all. A super chill, relaxed, munchie-having Miley, that’s all. At her recent birthday party, hosted by Kelly Osbourne of all people, Miley was caught on tape announcing that she’s a “huge stoner” and “smokes a lot of f**kin’ weed,” after a Bob Marley birthday cake was unveiled. Cue the outraged parents declaring Miley an unsuitable role model for their children! Personally, I am not very moved. Don’t most teens/early-twentysomethings, have a stoner period at some point? I did. I turned out alright didn’t I? Not that I’m encouraging the use and abuse of illegal drugs, of course, but something tells me that Miley isn’t actually the “huge” stoner she claims to be. If you feel the need to talk about it, you’re probably not. [Buzzfeed]
Miley Cyrus slammed weight critics this week on Twitter – but she’s hardly the first female star to face criticism over her body in public.
“I LOVE being shaped like a WOMAN & trust me ladies your man won’t mind either,” Miley said to all the haters who bashed her for having a fuller face (but still looking healthy, happy and, in our opinion, beautiful) in recent photos.
The young star is only the latest in a long line of women who have hit back at the critics head-on. Demi Lovato, Adele, Jessica Simpson and more — see who else has battled with haters. Read more…
The Justin Bieber paternity lawsuit scandal was one of those things I didn’t actually care about, but I knew all the sordid details because I work at The Frisky. So I’ve had time to develop somewhat strong opinions on the Biebs and his allegedly roving peen. From the get-go, I felt convinced that the alleged baby mama Mariah Yeater, age 20, who dismissed the lawsuit last week, made the whole thing up. How did I come to this conclusion? First of all, she claimed her ex-boyfriend was the father of the baby just last year and call me crazy, but her former lover seems like the more plausible impregnator in this scenario. Second of all, Mariah claimed that Justin lost his virginity to her in a bathroom at L.A.’s Staples Center after a concert. Yes, he is a 17-year-old boy, a demographic generally devoid of any seduction tactics whatsoever. But even losing his V-card in a toilet stall seemed too … crass? … to be believable. Keep reading »
- Is Ben & Jerry’s “Big Lebowski”-themed ice cream for real? [Buzzfeed]
- So, apparently that Miley Cyrus lingerie photo I posted yesterday was shot on the set of a 2010 music video. Which explains the hideous decor. [Crushable]
- Jane Pratt of xoJane is really upset about REM’s breakup. [xoJane]
So, this photo of 18-year-old Miley Cyrus loungin’ and textin’ in nothing but her skivvies and a pair of red pumps suddenly appeared on the internet today and peeps be freakin’. Yeah, you can see her covered crotch, but I personally don’t think it’s really all that scandalous — some of her “costumes” are racier. I do, however, have many questions. Who took this pic? (Liam?) Who is Miley texting? (Billy Ray?) Who leaked the photo? (Miley?) Why does this bedroom look like an old timey whore’s suite above a saloon? Seriously, look at that wallpaper and the drapes and those godforsaken bronze satin sheets. I can smell the dust and whiskey from here. [Crushable] Keep reading »
Sure, Miley Cyrus‘ new tattoo might be two very short lines, but the equal sign on her ring finger has big meaning. “ALL LOVE is equal,” she Tweeted, explaining that the tattoo is in support of gay marriage. When one of her followers expressed disapproval, she wrote, “Where does it say in the bible to judge others? Oh right. It doesn’t. GOD is the only judge honey. ‘GOD is love.’” Go Miley! Way to stick up for an important belief. We think you one-upped the straight celebs out there who have pledged not to get married until gay couples can too. Keep reading »