- Kim and Kanye want to marry at the Palace of Versailles. This must not be allowed, because some tacky people would have done it already. [US Weekly]
- Orlando Bloom may or may not be dating Liv Tyler … [Celebitchy]
- … and Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson’s 18-year-old son, Michael Neeson. [Page Six]
- Dita Von Teese struggles with how to bounce a man out of bed. “There’s no nice way to say, ‘You can’t sleep here.’” [YourTango]
- Some anonymous woman is claiming to the gossip rag The Dirty that Kelly Clarkson’s husband Brandon Blackstock has been flirting with her over text message for five months. [The Dirty]
- Christian Slater married his fiancee Brittany Lopez in a courthouse ceremony in Coral Gables, Florida on Monday. Mazel tov! [People]
Tag Archives: kanye west
Nope, not quite done talking about Kanye’s Big Day Out yet! One of the other notable quotes that came out of Kanye’s mouth yesterday, beyond all the gushing he did about Kim Kardashian, was when he, while telling Angie Martinez why he was dropping Nike and starting a partnership with Adidas, explained his intension to become “the Tupac of product.” (This is something he also said a few weeks ago, in an interview with Los Angeles’ Power 106, so it seems to be a somewhat pre-planned talking point for the ambitious rapper/producer/designer/whatever.) This grandiose aspiration inspired Twitter users @YoungSinick and @JamilahLemieux to start the hashtag #KanyeJobTitles, featuring similar over-the-top comparisons. You know, like “the John the Baptist of Blogging.” Check out the Storify after the jump for all the hilarity. [Twitter via Awesomely Luvvie] Keep reading »
Hey, how was your day yesterday? Chances are it was probably more chill than Kanye West’s, who made the interview rounds in NYC Tuesday, with his fiancee Kim Kardashian by his side. Some of the interviews were cordial and fun and Kanye was in a good mood — like when he and Kim sat down with Angie Martinez from Hot 97 — and others were … heated. Kanye got into it with both Charlemagne at Power 105 and with his own pal Sway. Charlemagne basically told Kanye to his face that he thought Yeezus was wack and asked him pointed questions about why he’s so obsessed with money now. Sway, bless him, saw Kanye wig out on him after he asked a really simple question about funding his fashion line. It got to the point where Kanye was legit yelling and Sway said they could take it outside. Both interviews eventually calmed down and ended on a positive note, but needless to say, it was a moody day for Yeezy.
After falling into a serious K(anye)-hole last night, I have emerged with this thought: I think that Kanye has a lot of interesting and smart observations that are muddled by his inability to filter out his less constructed points. For the most part, I choose to listen. Maybe crack some jokes, but still listen.
Anyway, one area in which Kanye isn’t confusing? When he’s talking about fiancee Kim Kardashian. He spent quite a bit of airtime giving his future wife a lot of love. Here is Kanye on Kim… Keep reading »
Kanye West just ordered us all to boycott Louis Vuitton. We know you were planning on buying at least six logo-covered Speedy bags on your lunch break this afternoon, but you’d better hold off on that for a few months, because Kanye says so and Kanye is the boss of you. Read more on The Gloss…
Sunday night, I had the privilege of seeing Kanye West in concert at Madison Square Garden. Creative and sonically amazing and fantastical … BUT YOU GUYS, IT WAS ALSO KIND OF BIZARRE.
There was someone dressed in a monster suit, and a volcano which exploded halfway through the show, and women with nylons pulled over their faces, and a guy dressed like Jesus, and a stage that tilted sideways up into the air during the show while Kanye dangled off the edge, and then this loooong rant that he went on about Lenny Kravitz and “The Hunger Games” and Adidas and Marc Jacobs and fashion. It was absolutely an incredible experience and I am glad to have had it. But I hadn’t been to a big stadium concert in a looong time and definitely not one involving Jesus and volcanoes. Damn, I’m only 29 but I felt old.
After the jump, here are nine things about going to the Kanye West concert that made me feel super-old — in GIFs!
Somewhere, Kanye West is not laughing. James Franco and Seth Rogen loved the wildly ridiculous”Bound 2″ music video so much, they decided to recreate Yeezy’s ode to a topless Kim Kardashian shot for shot. I don’t care where you are on the James Franco Emotional Life Cycle — this video will have you settling into the “Amusement” phase faster than Kanye can fire off his first infuriated tweet. [The Daily Beast]
I am overjoyed to see this Instagram photo of Kim and Kanye casually nomming on Wendy’s cuisine in Philadelphia last Friday (while Kim texts, of course). You know it was Kanye’s idea, though. Kim was totally just humoring him by sitting in a fast food restaurant like a normal person. Do you think he bought her a Frosty? [Instagram]
I’m going to be honest, I didn’t even watch this video with the sound on. Why bother? I already know the song, and frankly, sometimes I’m just not in any mood to listen to Kanye West‘s voice. So what we have here is the music video for “Bound 2,” the last track on Yeezus, which Kanye debuted on “Ellen” today. Supposedly it was directed by Nick Knight, but it looks more like Kanye shot the entire thing using the Photo Booth on his MacBook where you can, like, duck out of the way and it makes you look like you’re on a particularly glitchy roller coaster or underwater or something. This video has got it all: dappled horses running wild and free into the horizon, stock footage of landscapes and space, Kanye wearing 10 different plaid shirts at once, and its true coup de grâce, Kim Kardashian topless on a motorcycle. I think it’s supposed to look like they’re having sex, or something? I’m not sure. Anyway, as promised, it’s real weird. Enjoy! [Pitchfork] Keep reading »
In a decision that surprised many women, including #TeamBeautiful, Kim Kardashian decided to take her future husband Kanye West‘s last name and keep her family name as her middle, making her Kim Kardashian West. While we were certain that nothing and no one could come between Kim and her Kardashian brand, apparently, love is the entity to do so. See what 20 women on Facebook had to say about her choice and their decision (the answers may shock you) on Hello Beautiful…
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are reportedly suing the co-founder of YouTube, Chad Hurley, for allegedly leaking their proposal video. [UPDATE] Here’s Kim’s the court documents posted online. [US Weekly, ValleyWag]
- Also, Lana Del Rey “politely” turned down a request from Kanye to serenade Kim during the proposal. [World Of Wonder]
- Katy Perry claims Mick Jagger hit on her when she was 18 years old. A rep for Mick “categorically denies” it. [Perez Hilton]
- Miley Cyrus is reportedly in talks to earn $3.8 million to star in a Super Bowl commercial about pistachios. You read that right. Pistachios. [Showbiz Spy]
- Lil’ Kim looooved Miley’s Halloween costume of her. [Eonline] Keep reading »