“We started to get a theory that when you don’t go [to the Grammys], that’s when you win. But Nancy [Shevell, McCartney's wife] likes the event, and I do too, because she does. In some ways, it’s better than the Oscars – the Oscars are great and super-important, but the Grammys is like a really cool concert and you get some very good performances. But this is what happens: We went a couple of times and sort of sat there, and graciously accepted defeat. With that moment you look for at the Oscars or the Grammys, when the cameras go to the people who didn’t win, and they’re smiling wonderfully and applauding. ‘And the winner is – John Mayer!’ And you go: [through clenched teeth] ‘Oh, wonderful. How wonderful. What a good singer.’ Secretly you’re thinking, ‘He’s not as good as me though.’ It’s a very human moment.”
– Paul McCartney has a bit of a reputation as a difficult, cranky guy, but hello — he was in the Beatles, he can do whatever he wants. Including diss John Mayer, very publicly, via The New York Times. [NYTimes]
Go wild: What do you think John Mayer could possibly be saying to these luscious babes? Okay, okay, what could John Mayer possibly be saying that wouldn’t result in a sexual harassment suit? And what do you think the girls (who appear to be in a lady band, sorry I don’t recognize them) must be thinking about his stupid purple suit? Caption this photo, please!
- Is John Mayer about to propose to Katy Perry? I don’t believe this rumor is true at all. [Stupid Celebrities]
- My new hero Nigella Lawson told ABC they couldn’t airbrush away her belly for the promo poster for the new cooking show “The Taste.” [BuzzFeed]
- Was Mel Gibson the sperm donor for Jodie Foster’s children with her partner? More importantly, why are we talking about Mel Gibson’s sperm? [The Gloss]
[midpostembed id="2364292" type="gallery" title="6 (other) uses for sperm"]
Keep reading »
- Are we surprised to hear John Mayer may be two-timing Katy Perry with “a secret woman”? John and his alleged sidepiece like to have “sex dates” and “sext” constantly. [Evil Beet Gossip]
- Ashton Kutcher has officially filed for divorce from Demi Moore, citing irreconcilable differences, nearly a year after the couple went their separate ways. [People]
- “16 & Pregnant”‘s Maci Bookout got a proposal from her baby daddy Ryan Edwards … over Twitter. Still, that’s not the skeeziest thing Ryan has ever done. [Eonline]
- Here’s First Lady Michelle Obama’s open letter to parents about how to talk to your kids about the shooting in Newtown, CT. [White House]
- Guess who got their superyacht impounded? #RichPeopleProblems [Celebrity Cafe]
[midpostembed id="1255822" type="gallery" title="9 celebs spending money stupidly"]
Keep reading »
We all love Taylor Swift, but man, girlfriend has been doing some batshit crazy things lately. All these boyfriends! And she falls in love in two seconds flat and then, because she’s mega rich, buys houses and stuff right next door to them. True story: I once accidentally saw Taylor Swift perform at an Apple store in, like, 2007. Nobody was there. I was trying to get my computer fixed, and she was just singing to three people. But anyway! Taylor is pretty, young, rich and famous. And as Ryan O’Connell writes on Thought Catalog:
Her career depends on her getting laid and having her heart broken. That’s what 99% of her songs are about. If we don’t know who she’s sleeping with, what else is there to really know about her? It’s practically her job to always be in love with someone.
And that could turn practically anyone batcrackers
So we’ve catalogued the year in crazy Taylor Swift girlfriend moves, for your pleasure.
Keep reading »
Katy Perry proves she’s a Walking Bad Decision — not only by wearing this hideous knitted schmata, but also by continuing to let John Mayer stick his penis in her vagina. Here they are, at a performance of A Christmas Story: The Musical on Broadway. Katy, let’s talk: I bet you the sex is really awesome and filthy, but don’t like, sign a lease with this guy, okay?
Katy Perry and on-again/off-again beau John Mayer celebrated Halloween a bit early this weekend, getting all dressed up as, uh, a vampire hunter with a pronounced chin and Bella Swan-meets-Snow White. I think. John’s costume, while well done, kind of makes me want to barf, but Katy looks bangin’ with jet black hair and red eyes. I know they’ll never last, but I’m glad they got to celebrate Halloween together. See a few more after the jump! [via Buzzfeed] [Photos: Mark Hunter/The Cobra Snake] Keep reading »
I mostly just had an urge to use the word “ding-a-ling,” but color me surprised that Katy Perry and John Mayer are still trying to make this thing work. Haven’t they broken up twice now? Well, they’re back on it seems, as Katy spent the day and evening with John as he celebrated his 35th birthday in New York City. Cute bow tie. [Photos: INF Daily]