The American Music Awards are basically the poor man’s poor man Grammy Awards — worse than the Billboard Awards but arguably better than the People’s Choice Awards. If you missed the festivities, because you were traveling for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, or watching “The Walking Dead” or football, or clipping your toenails, NOT TO WORRY — I watched and will recap every single moment I remember (after four hours of sleep and some lukewarm coffee) in GIFs and video clips! Check it, after the jump… Keep reading »
Tag Archives: jennifer lopez
- Jennifer Lawrence is the loveliest on the cover of Vogue, for which she went on a “seven-hour bender” with the reporter. Among the many, many perfect anecdotes is a story about how she once tried to dance with Jennifer Lopez at a party and J.Lo shot J.Law down, saying, “Thanks, I’m just gonna watch.” [Fashionista]
- Last night, Harry Styles twerked at the Teen Choice Awards … [Crushable]
- … and Rebel Wilson got bleeped while making a joke about One Direction. [Crushable]
- Johnny Weir, the gayest figure skater in the history of gay figure skaters, said he’s prepared to get arrested at the Winter Olympics in Russia, where homosexuality is illegal. [Raw Story] Keep reading »
- Jennifer Lopez earned around $10 million over the past two years performing for numerous dictators in places like Belarus and Turkmenistan. The pop star was recently slammed by human rights orgs after she was found to have earned $2.5 million to perform for the Turkmeni dictator on his birthday. [New York Post, Human Rights Foundation]
- Cory Monteith’s family was reportedly aware that he was still abusing drugs and alcohol, especially when he came home to visit friends in his native Vancouver. The actor, who died on Saturday from an alleged drug overdose, was known to be clean and sober on the “Glee” set. [TMZ]
- Also, nutjobbers at the Westboro Baptist Church plan to picket the funeral of the “Glee” star and “fag enabler” (their words). [Queerty] Keep reading »
I’m going to tell you a hard truth right off the bat: neither you, nor I, are likely ever going to be able to afford the shoes that Ms. Jennifer Lopez is wearing on her feets. They are Christian Louboutin Guerilla open-toe boots, and they are amazing and stupid expensive. But listen, as Jessica and Amelia will tell you — as they both own pairs gifted to them by ex-boyfriends — Louboutins are actually not that comfortable, so we’re probably not missing anything anyway.
That said, the whole outfit is pretty bangin’, and even though she’s wearing a blazer with jeans, it manages to feel kind of summery, no? After the jump, J.Lo’s outfit — sans those glorious shoes. Keep reading »
I’m just gonna leave this here. Think of it as my Valentine’s Day gift to you.
- This must have been edited out of the broadcast! Ukrainian TV personality Vitalii Seduik — the same guy who kissed Will Smith on a red carpet — rushed the stage when Adele won her Grammy award for Best Solo Pop performance, trying to steal her thunder, before he got the sideeye from presenter J.Lo, who shooed him off with the back of her hand. The Hollywood Reporter claims Seduick didn’t have a ticket to the event, but nevertheless was allowed into the Staples Center, where he sat behind Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. He’s the White House Party Crasher of the Grammys! [US Weekly]
- Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are rumored to be starting a 10-city stadium tour together. You probably shouldn’t even think about getting tickets. [New York Post]
- The Westminster Dog Show will be held this week — what are the odds your favorite pooch will win? [The Week]
The 2013 Grammys were a weird affair, no? “Hosted” by LL Cool J, who was barely seen, and featuring way more musical performances than actual awards, the Grammys are a bizarre fete. Nobody really thinks they’re that on the ball or relevant, but still, we watch. This year, theere was fashion drama, as the Grammys sent out a dress code beforehand to make sure that nobody showed too much boob or butt during the broadcast. I can safely say there was no major nipple action, but after three and a half hours, I was glad it was over, if only so I could stop making that throw up noise every time fun. was on the screen.
Let’s look at some clothes, okay?
It’s hard out there for a pop star nowadays. Can you imagine being on stage in front of 10,000 people, singing and dancing your heart out,Â andÂ trying to give good FACE at the same time? For the average person, that would be impossible. I can barely manage to look normal in my “What Are We Wearing Today?” photos. For the most part, pop stars like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Miley Cyrus pull this off with epic fierceness, but occasionally — occasionally! — the camera catches them at the most amazingly unflattering moment. Here are 13 reminders that they’re only human…
With my pale skin, blonde hair, and ability to conjure mustard stains out of thin air, I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never, ever be able to wear white. Naturally, I’m totally entranced by (and a little jealous of) this all-white ensemble J.Lo wore to the Museum of Modern Art. With bronzed skin, shiny hair, and not a mustard stain in sight, the look is classy, timeless, and so, so pretty. [Photo: Fame/Flynet]