Eww, Matt Lauer. “Anne Hathaway, I’ve seen a lot of you lately.” Really? The “Today Show” host kicked off his interview with the “Les Miserables” actress with a pervy reference to the bare crotch shots that hit the web yesterday, taken when Hathaway exited a car at the movie’s NYC premiere and apparently wasn’t wearing underwear. Oops! Hathaway handled this awkward moment with total class — check out her response to Lauer above. [via HyperVocal]
Tag Archives: anne hathaway
Anne Hathaway certainly isn’t the first celeb to shed her sartorial inhibitions with her long hair (see: the Miley Cyrus metamorphosis), but she has proven herself to be far and away one of the most daring. If last week’s love-it-or-loathe-it Givenchy gown wasn’t proof enough for you, this elaborate Tom Ford look should do the trick. Anne is working the Rooney Mara angle pretty hard here in this black high-necked column dress, but turn her ’round and there’s some kind of attached cape situation going on, too. Add the strappy thigh-high bondage shoes (boots, perhaps?) into the mix and you’ve got yourself a look for sure.
One of the key attributes to pulling off an ensemble this ambitious is looking like you know what you’re doing, also known as confidence, and Anne has that in spades… so I’m not hating the overall effect probably half as much as I should. I just think the lady is kind of working it. What say you?
“I had [a] moment after I finished making ‘Rachel Getting Married.’ I realized that the life I’d been living [was not authentic] and that I had to make a change. Then I found out that my trust had been betrayed quite massively. So for me, that call came at the end of 2007. Who was I going to be? There’s no magic bullet; there’s no pill that you take that makes everything great and makes you happy all the time. I’m letting go of those expectations, and that’s opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss. But I still feel the stress over ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?’ There’s an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would’ve grown out of by now. It’s an ongoing source of shame for me.”
– Anne Hathaway talks to Eve Ensler in the January issue of Glamour. Her honesty and self-awareness is just jumping off the page in this interview. I highly recommend reading the extended excerpt where she goes into more detail about the work she’s doing with One Billion Rising. It’s really inspiring. I picked this particular quote though, because I love how she talks about choosing to be a a better person when she was at a low moment in her life. I think we’ve all had moments like that, where we could choose to let them kick our ass, or we can allow them to help us evolve. Also, it’s rare that you hear a Hollywood leading lady admit to obsessing over her weight. Usually, they talk about how much they love to eat. I think Anne was brave to be so honest. I’m looking forward to seeing her in “Les Misérables” and perhaps with an Oscar nom coming her way. [Glamour]
Finally! Vogue has the first official look at Anne Hathaway’s wedding dress from her nuptials with longtime beau Adam Shulman this summer. The custom Valentino is poufy and gauzy and more cream puff than I expected from the chic Miss Anne.
Furious debate in the Frisky office ensued: Amelia thinks it’s pretty (save for the headpiece) and I say the whole thing looks like a mess of that fake spider web stuff you buy at Halloween. Of course, with such a gorgeous bride, you’re hardly looking at the dress. [Fashionista] [Photos: Vogue]
There goes the chin! Anne Hathaway’s impersonation of Claire Danes as bipolar CIA agent Carrie Mathison from “Homeland” was incredibly spot-on and ridiculously funny. But I gotta say, Bill Hader’s Saul (played on the show by Mandy Patinkin) is so good, it’s eerie. Watch the sketch above! JAZZ FREAKOUT!
Looks like Matthew McConaughey is the latest in a long line of celebs to drop a pretty shocking amount of weight for a role. In recent days McConaughey has been spotted around Austin looking downright frail after losing at least 30 pounds on a liquids-only diet to prep for a movie called “The Dallas Buyers Club.” As the actor recently explained to Larry King: “It takes a while for your body to understand that it has to feed off of itself and that you’re not going to give it something else from the outside.” Damn. Suddenly we really want a donut.
So, what other celebs have gone to dieting extremes for the sake of their craft? Who lost the most? How did they do it? Check out our gallery to find out! [Huffington Post]
- Anne Hathaway’s interesting bridal bandana, explained! [NYMag.com]
- TV host and girl-about-town Alexa Chung is set to release her first book, “a glimpse into Chung’s secrets to successful dressing, style tips, sketches, and personal photos,” next September. [Vogue UK]
- Despite all the drama and criticism that’s surrounded Hedi Slimane’s first collection for
YvesSaint Laurent, bigwig buyers from giants like Barneys and Bergdorf Goodman are loving the wares, which is kind of the whole point. [Refinery29]
- Elizabeth Olsen talks shopping, style, and borrowing/stealing clothes from her sisters in an exclusive interview. Girlfriend’s got it rough! [Grazia Daily]
- Chanel is trying to make French manicures happen again. For what reason, we may never know. [Fashionista] Keep reading »
Surprise! Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman tied the knot this weekend in Big Sur. The bride wore a Valentino dress and what appears to be a floral headband thingy made out of toilet paper. These photos are blurry though, so I’m sure it looks much better in person. Anyway, congrats to the happy couple. Whee! (Also, here’s what the pair look like when they’re not blurry, incase you forgot.)
Anne Hathaway recently landed at LAX rocking this amaaazing outfit, and now I’m obsessed with recreating it. From the wedge sneakers and skinny jeans to the trench coat and leopard scarf, it’s the perfect mix of edgy and chic, trendy and classic. Go on with your bad self, Anne. If you need me, I’ll be scouring eBay for a khaki trench of my own. [Photo: Fame/Flynet]
Anne Hathaway and her Ryan Gosling-esque fiance Adam Schulman are too cute. Their fellow pedestrians got to soak up their in love vibes this week when the twosome got all nuzzle-y at a crosswalk in West Hollywood. I don’t even want to shout “Get a room!” But I do want to compliment Anne on her fresh take on Madewell’s chambray dress, which she’s unexpectedly paired with black cowboy boots and a simple chain necklace. Wouldn’t think it would work and yet it does. Find out how to get it after the jump!