Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod, after months of anticipation and Instagram photos from the set that made me blubber like a baby at my desk, we finally have the first official preview of “Girl Meets World.” And it’s really good. I mean, it’s good in a corny kids’ show way, but still really good. E! Online released an exclusive sneak peek at the trailer today, which features Rowan Blanchard’s debut as mischievous Riley (AKA The Girl Who Meets World), and lets us see Cory and Topanga in action as her savvy, loving parents. More good news on the GMW front: Ryder Strong (Shawn), William Daniels (Mr. Feeny), and Lee Norris (MINKUS!!!!) are all set to make cameos in the first season. Uh oh, I’m crying again. [E! Online]
Any day that the Backstreet Boys announce a new tour is a great day, but when they announce a North American tour to support one of their best albums ever, with Avril fucking Lavigne as a special guest, well, today just became the best day of my life. As awesome as the Backstreet Boys/New Kids On The Block tour was, my inner child (who is actually my inner teen, forever trapped in 1998, listening to “Complicated” on repeat, wishing she could fit into L.E.I. flare jeans) is way more stoked about this one. Tickets go on sale March 21st, and the tour kicks off in Canada on May 3rd, with the first American stop in Seattle on May 22nd. So far I’m not seeing any dates in Nashville, which is severely disappointing, but I guess that means a road trip to Chicago is in order. Check out the list of US tour dates after the jump! Keep reading »
“[Britney] was young and I could see the stress on her face. I was like, ‘Do you want to go to lunch?’ and she was like, ‘Yes, yes. Let’s go to lunch,’ and then someone behind her would go, ‘No, no, no. You have interviews you have to go to vocal coaching, you have to go to the gym and then you have to go on your tour.’ And she was like, ‘Okay, maybe later.’ And I was like, ‘Let’s go to dinner tonight.’
So I went to her hotel and I invited her to come out with me and we went to a club. She was underage so I snuck her in the back door and we did a little dancing and then people sort of swarmed on top of her and then she got stuck at a table hanging out with people, chit chatting and I was like, ‘I’ve got to go to work tomorrow can I go?’ And she was like, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah. No, go I am good. They will get me home.’”
– Melissa Joan Hart, AKA Clarissa Darling and Sabrina Spellman, who is currently on a media blitz to promote her new memoir, Melissa Explains It All, shared this slightly disturbing little anecdote on Bethenny Frankel’s talk show this week. Hart, now 37, is 6 years older than Spears and apparently the two became pretty close friends in the mid 90s (although hello, Girl Code clearly states that you should never leave your underage friend with random people at a nightclub). MJH also revealed that she once made out with Nick Carter in a hotel room, and that she never found James Van Der Beek attractive. So there you go. [Daily Mail]
I am a product of the ’90s, so there was a period of time in my childhood wherein Furbies were my world. It could have been months, it could have been a year; whatever it was, Furbies are indelible in my memory lexicon. They were actually VERY CREEPY, which is probably why my parents were reluctant to purchase them for me at first, but they were beyond grateful when years later we were alerted to a catastrophic basement flood during a power outage by one of the malfunctions-when-wet animatronic creatures. Furbies may no longer be of the zeitgeist, now replaced by, like, an iPhone app or something, but in the hands of Swedish artist and big time Furby enthusiast William Källback Winter, they’ve been reborn as some of our most recognizable contemporary pop stars. Check out a few more after the jump, and more of Winter’s work at the source! [Furby Living via Huffington Post] Keep reading »
Anyone on the real estate market who is looking for a little piece of history needs to get themselves to Los Angeles, where the iconic valley party house from “Clueless” is currently for sale. For the bargain price of $825,000, owning this house would allow you to do any of the following life dream status activities:
- Making dinner in the kitchen where Tai and Elton sang “Rollin’ With My Homies.”
- Taking a bath in the bathroom where Murray shaved his head because he’s “keepin’ it real” and Dion called his mom to tell on him.
- Lounging by the pool where Cher received an angry call from her dad on her brick-sized cellphone.
- Watching TV in the family room where Travis attempted (and failed) to crowd surf.
I could go on for days. The point is, someone really needs to buy this house and then recreate that gloriously 90s party and invite me. Please. [Daily Mail]