Crave Sweepstakes Rules
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older who have Internet access as of July 16, 2008, except employees (and their immediate families and household members) of The Frisky (the “Sponsor”) and its parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”). Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 17, 2008 through 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2008 (the “Entry Period”), Sponsor will conduct a national Sweepstakes encouraging participants to enter for a chance to win a two (2) Five Hundred Dollar ($1,000) American Express gift cards. To enter, during the Entry Period, participants must log on to the Sponsor’s website, located at www.thefrisky.com, beginning at 12:00 p.m. (ET) on July 17, 2008 and complete and submit the online entry form, including their name, address, phone number (including area code), e-mail address (if any) and birth date. To be eligible, all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on July 31, 2008. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means will be void. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond Sponsor’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only one (1) entry per person or e-mail address.
3. HOW TO WIN: One (1) winner (the “Winner”) will be randomly chosen by a representative of Sponsor on or around August 7, 2008 from all eligible entries received within the dates and times specified above. The decision of the representative will be final and binding in all matters. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Winner will be notified by U.S. mail, e-mail and/or telephone within fourteen (14) days of the drawing and must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any). Winner should receive their prize within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of notification.
4. PRIZE: Winner will receive two (2) Five Hundred Dollar ($500) American Express gift cards, at an approximate market value (“AMV”) of Five Hundred Dollars ($500) per gift card. TOTAL AMV OF PRIZE: One Thousand Dollars ($1,000). No substitution or transfer of prize or cash redemptions permitted by Winner. Gift certificates are subject to the redemption policies of the American Express Company. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any reason whatsoever the prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes (if any). Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants grant Sweepstakes Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Sweepstakes Entities and/or in connection with all matters related to the Sweepstakes, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. Winner may be required to sign, without limitation, affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, use of name and likeness release and return within five (5) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of potential winner to respond to a notification attempt within five (5) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sweepstakes Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents, from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prize awarded.
6. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNER LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winner List (available on or about September 7, 2008), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT need not include return postage on rules requests) to the following address by October 7, 2008 (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winner”) – “The Today’s Crave Sweepstakes,” 600 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10016.
SPONSOR: The Frisky, 600 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10016.
© 2008 The Frisky. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved.