- Tomorrow, Justin Timberlake releases his long anticipated new album, The 20/20 Experience … but that’s only part one! Turns out, part two — which, like part one, will also have 10 tracks — will be released in November. Personally, I am kind of underwhelmed by The 20/20 Experience — at least part one — so can Justin bring the sexy back again with part two? Thanks. [Celeb Dirty Laundry]
- More “Game of Thrones” promo pics! [The Mary Sue]
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum had a baby shower and I wasn’t invited because I want to hump her husband. So rude. [YourTango]
- Celebs who are twins and thus kinda sorta creep me out. [theBERRY] Keep reading »
Tag Archives: pop music
“If I’m gonna write songs about my exes they can write songs about me. That’s how it works. I’m not gonna complain about it. I’m not gonna sit there and say, ‘I’m the only one who can write songs about this relationship.’ It’s fair game.”
– I’m not the world’s biggest Taylor Swift fan, but I totally stand by her right to write catchy-as-fuck songs about her personal life, including those romantic relationships that have gone wrong. Go to bed with songwriters, wake up to the latest pop hit being written about you. And Taylor has now made it clear — in an interview with InStyle UK — that this deal goes both ways. How soon till Harry Styles attempts to call her bluff? [InStyle UK]
- This must have been edited out of the broadcast! Ukrainian TV personality Vitalii Seduik — the same guy who kissed Will Smith on a red carpet — rushed the stage when Adele won her Grammy award for Best Solo Pop performance, trying to steal her thunder, before he got the sideeye from presenter J.Lo, who shooed him off with the back of her hand. The Hollywood Reporter claims Seduick didn’t have a ticket to the event, but nevertheless was allowed into the Staples Center, where he sat behind Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel. He’s the White House Party Crasher of the Grammys! [US Weekly]
- Justin Timberlake and Jay-Z are rumored to be starting a 10-city stadium tour together. You probably shouldn’t even think about getting tickets. [New York Post]
- The Westminster Dog Show will be held this week — what are the odds your favorite pooch will win? [The Week]
Did you catch last night’s Grammy Awards? No? No worries, I’ve got you covered. Here are the best moments from music’s biggest/most overrated night in GIFs and pics! Keep reading »
It’s hard out there for a pop star nowadays. Can you imagine being on stage in front of 10,000 people, singing and dancing your heart out,Â andÂ trying to give good FACE at the same time? For the average person, that would be impossible. I can barely manage to look normal in my “What Are We Wearing Today?” photos. For the most part, pop stars like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Miley Cyrus pull this off with epic fierceness, but occasionally — occasionally! — the camera catches them at the most amazingly unflattering moment. Here are 13 reminders that they’re only human…
“How can you hate Beyoncé? She’s changing the world. She stands for people of colour and women everywhere succeeding in a stifling patriarchy without compromising her morals. And she makes challenging, interesting art. She’s always positive. She is everything good. And the fact that she is hugely successful is not a shitty thing. It’s an important and amazing thing and she clearly works hard for it.
And yet I know very few adult males who consider themselves serious ‘music guys’ who don’t laugh when I say I like Mariah Carey. Why? Because she’s beautiful and people like her. Therefore she must be selling sex, right? So obviously her music is terrible, right? Ugh. The first time I heard Mariah Carey it shattered the fabric of my existence and I started Grimes.”
– Awesome electro-pop musician Grimes, expressing her solidarity with and appreciation for other female artists. I love this sentiment, because people who travel in hipster and indie music circles often write off artists that have had mainstream success. [Pitchfork]
Not familiar with Grimes? Check out her video for “Oblivion” after the jump. It involves dudes in a locker room. You’ll love it.
At midnight last night, Justin Timerlake finally confirmed what he was “ready” for — to release new music, after taking a bajillion year hiatus to “act.” Justin new single, “Suit & Tie,” features Jay-Z, and while my initial reaction was a little meh, I remembered how I felt watching Justin in “The Social Network” just that afternoon, and suddenly became pretty stoked. Seriously though, the single, after a couple passes, is pretty great, and I’m psyched to see what else he has in store. What do you think of “Suit & Tie”?
Taylor Swift and Harry Styles broke up, and you know what that means: Revenge. Single. And just in case you think we’re being melodramatic, check out the ominous tweet that Taylor posted yesterday. What caused the breakup? Well, if you believe this horrifyingly dumb article, the couple parted ways because Taylor is an asexual “Antiques Roadshow” addict and Harry is a cougar-chasing nymphomaniac. Obviously we won’t know the full thinly-veiled truth until Taylor releases the breakup song, but for now, let’s do some speculating, shall we? Read on for a few potential song titles and sample lyrics… Keep reading »
This morning, I told you that Justin Timberlake hinted he would be making a very very very important announcement this afternoon. And he did. He posted this video to YouTube and to his personal website which, like, basically features him talking about people wondering when he’s going to put out a new album and then blah blah blah, something about the creative process, and then: “I’M READY.” For what? He doesn’t say. Instead we’re shown a clock counting down till sometime on Sunday (I’m sorry, I can’t figure out exactly when, I haven’t had lunch yet) when another announcement will be made. So, basically, Justin’s big announcement was that another big announcement will be made on Sunday, presumably about what he’s ready for. If it’s not a new album, and is instead something to do with his involvement in MySpace or another shitty rom-com or a finger in his butt, I will throw a fit. Just saying.
For much of the mid-2000s I had a side gig playing records. I wouldn’t necessarily call myself a DJ, in that I can’t scratch or really beat match, but some friends and I had a lot of fun DJ-ing a regular weekly party for a while. It was in Philly at a club that flaunted the smoking ban. We usually had a pretty packed house, and there was lots of dancing, usually started by me. This playlist is a ton of the songs that I used to play from that era, so feel free to play it for you own dance parties!