What I’m Cooking For Thanksgiving Dinner
thanksgiving greenbeans jpg
5 of 5
Recipe written by Paula Deen
- 16 ounces green beans [I'm using haricots verts -- that's French green beans, y'all -- because I prefer them.]
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and blanch them for 2 minutes. Immediately remove the beans from the water and add them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green beans. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, then stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook to desired degree of doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl and serve.