A Simple Bunch Of Brunch Recipes Even A Non-Cooking Blogger Could Love
Annika Harris / June 26, 2011
simply orange pecan muffins 062311 g2 jpg
2 of 6
Orange Pecan Muffins
(Makes 24 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 6 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup of Simply Orange orange juice
- 2 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup of canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of orange marmalade
- extra sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin pans with paper inserts.
- Reserve a tablespoon of flour and toss it with the chopped pecans.
- Rub orange zest into the sugar, then mix in the remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Stir the eggs, juice, milk, and oil into the dry ingredients until the mixture is thoroughly smooth. Stir in the pecan and flour mixture.
- Fill the prepared muffin pans halfway with the batter. Drop a teaspoon of marmalade into the center of each muffin and add more batter over it to fill the mold. Sprinkle extra sugar over the muffins and bake for 15 minutes, until the muffins are well risen, golden brown, feel firm when the centers are pressed on.