Reader Recipes: More Appetizers & Main Courses, Plus Dessert!
Regina: Braised Pork Chops With Apples And Onions
2 whole Large Center Cut Pork Chops
1 cup Veggie Stock
¾ cups Apple Cider
1 whole Small To Medium Onion Julienned
1 whole Large Garlic Clove Sliced
1 whole Macintosh Apple Cored And Sliced
½ cups Corn Kernels (if Desired)
Pepper To Taste
1. Cut pork chop into pieces if desired. Salt the pork chops before browning. Brown in a skillet with butter. In a separate pot, start bringing the veggie stock to a simmer.
2. As pork chops are browned, put into the pot with veggie stock.
3. Add apple cider when pork chops are in the stock, making sure they’re covered at least 3/4 of the way up.
4. Brown the onions and garlic in the same skillet used to brown the pork chops. Add them to the pot with the chops and stock.
5. Set the stock to a low simmer and add the apple about half an hour into the simmer.
6. Add corn (if desired) about 15 minutes from finishing time. Add pepper to taste.
7. I simmered the mixture until the apples fell from the skins and mixed with the stock to make a yummy sauce. (It took about an hour.)
8. Serve warm and save more for later!