How to do it:
- Paint your nails as you would normally with a base coat.
- Let dry for a substantial period of time—at least a few hours, or even the next day.
- Using your nail clippers or scissors, cut a circular edge onto a piece of tape. Stick tape nail just below nail tip. (Repeat nine more times, obviously.)
- Apply your contrasting color, painting over the tape and onto the tip.
- Let dry completely.
- Remove tape, peeling from the outsides of your nail in. Caveat: since sticking an adhesive onto your manicure isn't ideal, you may have to live with a less-than-perfect sheen on your base coat. Make up for it by applying a generous top coat of clear varnish.